King Soopers Reviews

Reset
2.0
King Soopers President Russ Dispense
Russ Dispense

Pros
  • good pay if you can get a decent position and benefits do to union (in 12 reviews)

• Good benefits, you meet great people (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • It takes a long time to get Full time (in 9 reviews)

• low pay in the beginning, but once you hit journeyman wages, it is very good (in 5 reviews)

1. Bagger

Former Employee - Bagger in Colorado Springs, CO
    Former Employee - Bagger in Colorado Springs, CO

I worked at King Soopers full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Easy work, tons of people to engage with.

Cons

Tedious work. Samething over and over again.

2. Pre-employment screening

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I worked at King Soopers full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

My wife shops there regularly, but I have not always heard positive things about the working conditions. The HR does not contact you to confirm if negative information they find is correct or not. The credit repoting agencies will post information without verifying if it pertains to you, but it takes time and expense to have it corrected.

Cons

My on-line application was accepted and I began receiving daily emails of postings at various stores in my area. i received an email stating I did not have qualifications for a courtesy clerk and no longer receive the emails. Either someone does not like the fact that I filled in duringthe 1994 strike, or erroneous credit reporting infomation is being used to eliminate candidates from consideration. The cresit reporting agency data is not verified as accurate. A third party other than Experian, Equinox or Transunion is being used. Erroneous information about a person with a similar name on my profile has been removed from all three primary credit rpoting agencies. But some third party firms post out-of-date information without verifying its accuracy. Their fine print says it is not to be used to determine eleigibility for hiring, credit, etc.

Advice to Management

Verify a person's identity and background information with one of the there Experian, Transition or Equiifax. Other credit or personal information sites do not verify information that they post. The also include a footnote that their information is not to be used for purposes of hiring, credit applications, etc. Data pertaining to another person with diffferent middle name, birth year and places of employment has been removed from the Transition, Equinox and Experian but still appears pn sites like per finder or other snooping sites.

3. A Review

Pros

ONLY the dedicated personnel I work with. They remain dedicated because of their personal integrity, not any incentive provided by King Sooper AKA Kroger.

Cons

Poor Management ( at the Senior Level) Staffing shortages with additional work load imposed on those dedicated Lack of implementation of employee input Way too low wages Union v Company - Us v Them Get rid of it by negotiating or decertification of Union by becoming an employer of choice because Management wants to attract and retain good employees

Advice to Management

As a Management employee in a variety of industries to include Food and Beverage and Telecommunication I was a patron of King Soopers believing the empolyees were handsomely compensated. Not so much. Please get out of your Victorian mentality. Pay the BEST wages, the BEST benefits with or without the Union. The service we provide will attract the revenue to the bottom line with the best in personnel.

5. An ok starter jod

Pros

A good start jod for a young person. Not a place I would want to spend more than a few years working for.

Cons

Horrible pay and treatment. They expect the work of five people from one and have little to no the people the situation that they put their employees into. Some of the managers like to dangle day off or vacation request in front of you and not letting you know if you got it until it gets close to the time. Don't switch positions and tell you get your raise or you lose all your hours and have to start over to get that raise

Advice to Management

Treat your people better and maybe they would stick around. Also better pay would help.

6. Do not apply if u r looking for part time or are a single parent. U get no family time or social time.

Current Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier in Englewood, CO
    Current Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier in Englewood, CO

I have been working at King Soopers part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Most people are nice.. The discounts are great and double fuel points for gas all the time... Convient to cash Ur pay check with no cost...

Cons

Barley any training at all. I only did 4 hours of training on the computer... Took 2 classes.and then they threw me on the floor after standing with someone for only 20 mins... I do admit I cought on pretty quick but....... Trying to learn all the produce codes when your store is super busy and short staffed!!!! No no no.... And I also only wanted P/T from day one I have been working 40 hours... And they don't care if u are a single parent with a child that has multiple disabilities and only can do part time.. I was hired on the note that I would only be working P/T and definitely work my butt off to when I do get home I'm way to tired to take care of anything else!!!!

Advice to Management

If u hire ppl that only can work P/T then please be considerate of their family life as well!!!! We r not machines we r human beings!!! Please treat US like it!!!

7. "Part time" Really means Full time without benefits.

Current Employee - Night Stocker in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Night Stocker in Denver, CO

I have been working at King Soopers part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Co-workers are nice. You can have a good future if you last with the company over a year with paid vacation and raises after number of hours worked plus benefits if you are hired as part time. Job isn't bad as long you have enough people working the nights.

Cons

They didn't train me properly and founding out the hard way. So i am sure others have had this issue. Not enough time off - They make you work 40 hours or more if you are part time and give you split days which do nothing when you work nights. Over worked as said i got hired with the intent of being part time and turns out now im doing 40+ hours and cant be full time because of some silly loophole nor the time to "apply" to be full time. Sometimes get harassed by some of the management about needing to go faster. Plus you might be doing another persons job ontop of your own few nights of the week like backup for dairy or the cooler,etc.

Advice to Management

Treat people better and they will stay. Keep to the sense of part time means part time. Keep an eye on your managers more. Make sure everyone is properly trained and not just thrown in.

employment

Current Employee - All Purpose Clerk in Pueblo, CO
    Current Employee - All Purpose Clerk in Pueblo, CO

Pros

I was able to learn almost every department in the store. Therefore I can always help where ever needed.

Cons

The store needed alot of organization.

Advice to Management

The better you treat a employee the harder they will work for you.

9. Too long to move up, terrible wages unless you stay witht he company for a long time

Current Employee - Courtesy Clerk in Colorado Springs, CO
    Current Employee - Courtesy Clerk in Colorado Springs, CO

Pros

At my location anyway it was an easy job to get. Due mostly to the fact that there is high turnover. Especially for courtesy clerks due to the fact that as a courtesy clerk you get payed minimum wage and can spend a long time being unable to move up to a job that dosen't pay you awful wages. I know one guy, who used to be a courtesy clerk there, he worked that job for at least 4 months before being moved up to the service desk which only payed about i think 20 cents more per hour which is not substantial at all.

Cons

the only jobs that seem to pay well are those that give overnight premium, or the managerial ones. I think you do get raises if you stay with the company long enough but if you ask me it isn't worth it. Depending on what position you work your schedule could be pretty bad with you having inconsistent hours, some days you may go in to work at 6 am others you may get off at 11pm or later, and what do you get as a reward for working a really late shift one day and a really early one the next. And what do you earn for coming into work at unreasonable hours? Do you get extra pay for those hours you spend sleep deprived? Do you get a cookie? Do you get a pat on the back? No. You get nothing except lost sleep. You can also get called in at any time which hasn't happened to me fortunately(and will never happen to me because i refuse to give up my personal life to a company that pays me terribly and doesn't treat me well either, i turn my phone off and just talk with my friends via skype and other voice chat and im services). You also get union dues taken out of your paycheck and unless you work overnight the union does nothing for you(overnight premium is a union thing) There are better grocery stores to work for. Ones that don't pay their employees so poorly unless they stay with them for years or go into management, work overnight, or stay with them for 5 years. And i encourage people to not only avoid working at king soopers but to also avoid shopping there because a company which pulls this kind of stuff on its employees does not deserve anyone's money. go to costco, whole foods, welgmans, or publix or something else for work. Those places all make soopers look like walmart. And I will be putting in my two weeks notice immediately.

Advice to Management

Don't pay your employees poorly and treat them poorly, don't subject them to god awful salaries and only reward them with livable wages after they work for you for years, don't force them into management, hire more people at the busier stores(i worked at one of the busiest stores in my city and trust me it needed more people, employees working in GM, Grocery, floral, pretty much anyone who worked at the store would be told to help bagging whenever we had a busy day you pay your baggers minimum wage stop being money grubbing jews and hire another one you will be able to offer better service and will only lose 8 dollars per hour which is chump change).

Service Desk Clerk

Current Employee - Service Desk Clerk in Arvada, CO
    Current Employee - Service Desk Clerk in Arvada, CO

I have been working at King Soopers full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There is room for advancement, and health insurance. Some of the loyal customers can be amusing and entertaining to work with. Some of my coworks are great!

Cons

Training is inadequate, didn't give me the tools I needed to open the fuel center. Schedules fluctuate wildly, unless you have seniority. A coworker is rude, and aggressive. Have to work with them even after multiple requests not too.

Used to be Great

Current Employee - All Purpose Clerk in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - All Purpose Clerk in Denver, CO

I have been working at King Soopers full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

10% off Kroger brands for employees after 30 days really helps

Cons

,there are not enough people to work in the stores the way they want them worked, there is no kindness and respect anymore its just hurry, hurry, hurry, or your gone!

Advice to Management

Sensitivity training for lower management positions, higher pay and better benefits for entry level positions

RSS Feed </> Embed