King Soopers

Profile Unclaimed

Pay is decent.

Current Employee - Seafood Clerk in Aurora, CO
    Current Employee - Seafood Clerk in Aurora, CO

I have been working at King Soopers part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The pay is decent.
    Paid vacation (After two years.)

Cons

Schedules are erratic
    Benefits are few.

Good

I worked at King Soopers

Pros

Money, customers, benefits, hours,locations could become a career

Cons

Management, clicks, unprofessional, hours, debt work with several schedule

A painful five years.

Former Employee - Starbucks Clerk King Soopers in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Starbucks Clerk King Soopers in Denver, CO

I worked at King Soopers full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Its a paycheck that got me through college. Benefits after one year.

Cons

Not a reliable schedule. Hours were never guaranteed. Employers were unsatisfied. Had to join the union no choice had to give up money to them. I've been harassed by managers just because they didn't like me.Including being written up for no good reason what so ever. Under appreciated.Train idiots to be managers.

Be friendly say hi to your employees, they will respect you more, as you should respect them.

Nowhere to move in company

Current Employee - Service Desk Clerk in Brighton, CO
    Current Employee - Service Desk Clerk in Brighton, CO

I have been working at King Soopers part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Get the 10% on Kroger items

Cons

Crappy wages even with experience behind the belt, wont cross train into other departments because of lack of coverage

Stop having fake managers who can't keep their mouths shut long enough. Pay employees who knows how to do the job and has the time instead of giving bs excuses on a credit thing, Let us go to other stores if we want to be crossed trained instead of being force to stay in one position all the time, this is why turnover is high and employees are burn out.

Hard work, little pay.

Current Employee - Bakery Clerk in Loveland, CO
    Current Employee - Bakery Clerk in Loveland, CO

I have been working at King Soopers part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Coworkers are friendly, and I love my regular customers. It's a good place to learn how to work hard. I've learned a lot of valuable skills here.
    If management was more professional and understanding towards employees under them, this would be a wonderful place to work.

Cons

Management is disrespectful. I'm afraid to ask questions, because I'm always treated like I'm stupid, no matter how legitimate the question is. Training was a joke, management expects perfection on the second day of training, I've watched too many people quit because expectations were too high, too soon. (for god's sake give somebody at least 2 weeks to get to know the product!)
    Pay should be higher, not because the work is hard, or the customers demanding, BUT the management is emotionally draining.

We are not your verbal punching bags, we're your employees, we're human.
    Don't belittle employees every time they have questions.
    We have lives outside of King Soopers, scheduling at the very last minute is discouraging.
    Not calling employees when you change their shift for the very next day and they won't see the change until it's too late...unprofessional, irresponsible, and says a lot about how much you care about your employees.

Management SUCKS

Current Employee - Service Desk Clerk in Arvada, CO
    Current Employee - Service Desk Clerk in Arvada, CO

I have been working at King Soopers part-time (less than a year)

Pros

You can get your grocery shopping done before you leave work.

Cons

management is rude to employees, does not care about the employees needs or feelings.

Learn that if your employees are treated horribly your customers will never be happy.

Overworked and underpaid. The management is generally, young and as a result arrogant and insensitive.

I worked at King Soopers full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Other employees are kind, hard-working people. The intake training is very good. Minimum wage is not enough to live on. Turnover rate is very high.

Cons

Little support for employees trying to go to school.

Get organized and keep your promises.

Family Life, Forget About It!

Former Employee - Assistant General Merchandise Department Manager in Denver, CO

I worked at King Soopers full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Can advance quickly if you are highly motivated, and hard working

Cons

You are owned by the company. If you are looking for a balance of work and a family, this job isn't for you!

Treat your employees with the same measure of dignity and respect you show your customers

I have learned how to work with the public , and found that it is something I enjoy doing.

Former Employee - Deli Manager in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Deli Manager in Denver, CO

I worked at King Soopers full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

I enjoyed working for King Soopers because I was able to work with the public , talking to different people everyday hearing people talk about there lives. you become friends with customers.

Cons

Managers are not always fair, they form an opinion of you before they really get to know you, especially if you transfer from another store, they read your file and pass judgment on you, if you are PT you are lucky to get 20 hours a week and even if you are making journeyman wages its hard to make ends meet, and if you have another job they do not work with you they think that King Soopers should be your life

to always work hard, be fair, never pass judgment and do the best you can, never give up, treat people the way you want to be treated

Dissapointing

Former Employee - Deli Clerk in Fort Collins, CO
    Former Employee - Deli Clerk in Fort Collins, CO

I worked at King Soopers full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The best benefit to working at Kroger is that you can easily work. As long as you pass a drug test, and appear upbeat you will be hired at any King Soopers store. There are several stores opening throughout North America and you can transfer to different locations upon request. As long as you have passed the probation period. The job is also very repetitive so you can quickly learn your job duties. If you work in the Deli department, like i did...you can sample foods whenever there is free time and no customers to help.

Cons

I would never recommend working for this company because it is too political, there are favorites. It has a seniority based structure so there are many new people working themselves to the bone( with very little reward) while a select few make double the pay and pass all the job duties to those with less seniority. There is no schedule flexibility....those higher few choose the hours they want and everyone else is stuck with the rest. Commonly you will work weekends and late evenings and any other peak business hour, holiday, etc. Schedules are always changing without prior notice and you are expected to have perfect attendance. You will not be able to request time off for vacation or shift swap. You may be required to pay weekly union dues depending on which department you are in.ultimately you will be hassled by seniors to maintain a high level of output without training and with little help. You will be payed next to nothing and will work outrageously hard. Work injuries are extremely common. The stores are always under staffed and thus very busy. The job is so physical you will be in pain by the end of your work day. Back, neck, feet, eyes, arms, all sore. It is way too much work and expectations for way too little compensation. YOU WILL HATE YOUR LIFE.