King TeleServices

2.4
CEO

Micro Managing at It's Best

I have been working at King TeleServices full-time

Pros

Good customer service experience for someone starting in the field, especially if you work with 311's demanding New York callers. You will quickly see the challenges of a large metro government.

Cons

Full time is 28 hours. Constantly changing work schedule. Heavy micro management. Little if any upward mobility. Poor working environment. Health plan for families very expensive, especially considering the low wages.

Advice to Management

As a call center contractor, negoiate contracts that include a reasonable work schedule. This way you can maintain a more stable workforce.

2. ccr

Current Employee - Customer Care Representative in Brooklyn, NY

I have been working at King TeleServices (More than a year)

Pros

none, you get stress all around from callers, from management.

Cons

not employee friendly, micro managing no necessary, salary not worth the stress

Advice to Management

stop micro management, increase the pay making it comparable to the stress of the position. compensate

3. Caller

I worked at King TeleServices

Pros

Easy to get hired, just pass training.

Cons

Poor work environment, little incentive to do well, communication is nonexistent. Only work here if you have no other means of making an income.

5. Dead End Job

Current Employee - Customer Care Representative in Brooklyn, NY

I have been working at King TeleServices full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Ideal for a quick buck if you have limited education and low self esteem. Learn much about how government services work.

Cons

Poverty income, revolving door, nepotism, hap-hazard schedule that does not allow for any growth outside the environment.

Advice to Management

Ease up on the medieval rules and policies. Stop the favoritism. Find ways to motivate workers outside of actively seeking to punish.

6. Very disorganized and unprofessional.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

I worked at King TeleServices

Pros

Absolutely none, honestly. Terrible company to work for.

Cons

We had 4 (nonconsecutive) days of training, and ONE practice phone call that was all of 2 mins long. We were showed how the call system looks, then we were given a practice call, but we didn't do BOTH, so when we actual got on the phones, most of us didn't know what we were doing.

We were told to come in at 4pm to "pick up our schedules". When we got there, they actually put us to work, and didn't tell us when our shift was supposed to end. Many ppl didn't have money to eat lunch (they didn't know we were going to be working that day).

Advice to Management

Be honest and upfront, train your employees better.

7. Easy job for a good pay but extremely boring

Former Employee - Proxy Solicitor
    Former Employee - Proxy Solicitor

I worked at King TeleServices full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The pay is pretty decent especially since I was only 18 at the time making $18/hr and $15/hr just for training. The job itself is extremely easy and repetitive read a script answered question that I was trained to answer and did this throughout the day pretty easy and self-explanatory work.

Cons

The hours are extremely inconvenient I would work the entire day and get home around 1:30am on the weekdays it was horrible and so boring. Also as you can imagine the people who were called were extremely rude not understanding I was merely doing my job. Also the location was very out of the way took me about 1 1/2 hrs to get there and 2 hrs to get back (the train went local in the morning). Also management is very condescending and rude god forbid you ask a question they'll get on your case like no tomorrow.

Advice to Management

be more polite and open to the employees also hire more managers on the floor to help people.

8. This was a good company to work for

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Brooklyn, NY

I worked at King TeleServices full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The job involves being a Customer Service Representative. Office Environment is nice and clean. Once you pass the work training and understand the material for the campaign, being on call will be easy since everything is scripted. Hours are usually M-F 3-11pm, Sat 10-6pm. You have to work 40 hours a week. Supervisors are very friendly.

Cons

The work training tests might seem a bit confusing since they make it a little hard to eliminate people who can't think on their feet. Some people might see the hours as a con because leaving work at 11 pm is considered pretty late for some people and the hours are not flexible. You might not get benefits because most people are hired through agencies. Not full-time all year round because they only have work when a campaign comes up from another company.

9. It was a very strenuous job

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Brooklyn, NY

I worked at King TeleServices full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The best reason to work here is that it doesn't take a rocket scientist to work here. The work is easy to learn.

Cons

The challenges working here was there was a lot of favoritism, as with a lot of jobs.

Advice to Management

Advice to management, treat your workers better, meaning giving better incentives for all the work you have us doing. Give a person a reason to want to get up and come to work there.

10. Worst company to work for.

I have been working at King TeleServices

Pros

No pros bad company yo work for

Cons

To much to type here

Advice to Management

Hire actually qualified managers

11. Mundane

I have been working at King TeleServices full-time

Pros

Great pay for easy work! The hours were from 3-11 pm offering you the flexibility to get other activities done earlier in the day

Cons

Floor support are usually too wrapped up in their own gossip to provide you with timely and efficient help. Very lackadaisical about informing you of service changes.

RSS Feed </> Embed