King TeleServices

CEO

easiest job ever

Current Employee - Call Center Representative  in  Brooklyn, NY
    Current Employee - Call Center Representative in Brooklyn, NY

I have been working at King TeleServices full-time for less than a year

Pros

so easy a caveman could do it

Cons

pretty boring
    other workers pretty ghetto

not much i guess

Excellent as a part time job.

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Brooklyn, NY
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Brooklyn, NY

I have been working at King TeleServices full-time for more than a year

Pros

Flexibility, and easy job to get through employment agencies. You can get promoted by be reliable and consistent on Quality Assurance scores.

Cons

You will never be able to support a family on this salary. It is better as a part time job.

Try to provide hours for great employees, and be more selective in hiring process.

Decent place to work while working towards something better

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Brooklyn, NY

I worked at King TeleServices full-time for more than a year

Pros

It's an easy job, and it pays decent, supervisors are cool and easy-going. It's a decent place to work while looking for a better job or in school.

Cons

There's not really any room for growth. The office is in the middle of nowhere, it's a long walk to the train station and any eateries. If you want something good for lunch, you'll either have to bring it with you or order out. Two weekends a month are mandatory. Much of the work is somewhat seasonal and there are always layoffs, especially in the fall/winter. For most people, it will be a temporary place to work for a few weeks or a few months. Not really someplace you want to be long term. Although you probably won't have the opportunity to do so.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Experience was okay, its a lot of up and down as far as hours offered

I worked at King TeleServices

Pros

great supervisors, friendly co workers, a lot to learn. certain supervisors want you to grow and help by offering the tools necessary to do so, its up to you to utilize

Cons

lunch breaks are only 30 minutes and stores are a far distance so if not taking food from home be prepared to walk for 15 minutes to get something to eat and have to walk and eat coming back

I found King
    Teleservices a good organization to work for

Former Employee - Call Center Representative  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Call Center Representative in New York, NY

I worked at King TeleServices as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

You Are Always Busy

Cons

Customers often hang up on you and you get a lot of refusals

I can't think of anything

Great experience

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Brooklyn, NY

I worked at King TeleServices full-time for less than a year

Pros

Going through training and preparing to go on the floor was the best part for me. That set the tone and gave me the confidence to give my all.

Cons

Nothing seemed or appeared to wrong.

Keep up the good work to all. Thanks for the opportunity.

One of My First Sales Jobs

Former Employee - Outbound Sales Representative  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Outbound Sales Representative in New York, NY

I worked at King TeleServices part-time for less than a year

Pros

Actually helped strengthen my customer service skills. I worked here when it was at the 96 Morton St location in Manhattan. Made about $9 an hr on a telecom campaign. Flexible schedule with 1 wkend day mandatory. Made life long friend.

Cons

Management is extremely rude. Had an incident of sexual harassment, manager ultimately got fired. I left due to fear of retaliation. Upper management seemed not to care- only changed my campaign but nothing else.

I'm sure things have changed for the worse- I worked here over 8years ago. It's in Brooklyn now. Do better.

Exploitation

I worked at King TeleServices

Pros

The employment qualifications are fairly easy to meet. HR would hire just about anyone regardless how minimal your work experience or educational background.

Cons

The work environment is very strict and the pay is just enough to keep you broke but just outside of the range where you would be eligible for government benefits as a single person. Schedules have at least a four hour window of variability which is beyond the employee's control.

Remember your employees are people too with lives and families that require their attention. Compensation is the key to attracting and maintaining a strong workforce.

The experience here was an learning experience.

Current Employee - Supervisor  in  Brooklyn, NY
    Current Employee - Supervisor in Brooklyn, NY

I have been working at King TeleServices full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Open schedule...work with you regarding personnel issues

Cons

Lack of communication skills. They to do evaluation like every six months.

Learn to communicate with lower management and stop showing favoritism.

Not enough of a paycheck to count...

I worked at King TeleServices part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I worked for this company almost 4 years...it has a relatively clean environment, plants around the isles. Custodial staff works reasonably well to keep things clean and dusted. It's ok when weather is bad, you not "reamed" if you're a little late. Yes, it's a paycheck, but for the city of Brooklyn...it is woefully inadequate.

Cons

The supervisory staff leaves A LOT to be desired. Very unprofessional conduct on the floor, loud conversations that ARE often inappropriate and very inconsiderate of CSRs on the phones. You WILL NEVER get a raise from this place, what you go in the door earning is what you go out the door earning and forget bonuses! If you're lucky, you get a certificate for a free turkey around the holidays! The cost of the health insurance coverage is high and with what you earn at this place, it's not something you can really afford, plus there's no coverage for dental or vision.
    The restrooms are sorely inadequate for the amount of people they hire in there and probably need to be reported to OSHA. The custodian tries very hard to keep it clean but unfortunately, with the "type" of people hired, the restrooms become pigsties in a hurry!
    There's the cafeteria that is also too small for the amount of employees, three maybe four microwaves, never hot water at the sink and a big screen tv the IT guys can NEVER set to a station where there is current news or programming...you end up watching the same stream of old stories over and over for a week or more...
    DON'T expect to go there and ride the elevators with another building occupant that doesn't regard you with up-turned nose...unfortunately this facility has a BAD REPUTATION!

Start offering pay raises to good employees...maybe incentives and STOP hiring anything off the street. Start doing background checks at least...have some consideration for the other employees that DON'T HAVE a felony record! Also, at least do some training for current supervisors about their conduct on the floor and training on how to control the employee on their teams!
    A little extra effort and you might keep some of the good employees you're losing...maybe you wouldn't have to have such a "revolving door" facility.

Worked for King TeleServices? Contribute to the Community!