King's Family Restaurant

Add Photos

Chris Whalen

Not a bad place

Waitress (Former Employee) Sarver, PA

ProsGood tips and great co-workers

ConsLong hours and difficult customers

Ordered sausage & got bacon we started eating & the waitress took the bacon back had ketchup on it.

Proswaitress did bring the sausage.

ConsAsked to return the bacon which was on the plate that we started to eat with eggs and potatoes & ketchup

Advice to Senior ManagementWe are not an employee. We are a customer that likes to eat out. And we will never go to your restaurant again. That was very disgusting, then give the bacon to another customer if not to another customer why take it back even to throw it away it was already touching our eggs and potatoes.

Waitress/Hostess/Cashier

Waitress (Current Employee)

ProsFast-paced environment, friendly coworkers, and flexible scheduling made for a great part-time job. Provides excellent opportunities for a foundation in the customer service and sales industry.

ConsThe hours are often very unpredictable because you stay at work until you are no longer needed. It depends very largely on how busy the store is on that particular day. Waitressing here also includes a wide variety of other responsibilities and the ability to multi-task.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A disaster

Management (Former Employee)

ProsPeople are the only good thing

ConsCorporate office is so out of touch with what goes on in the run down stores. The family atmosphere that was created by Mr. king is being destroyed by current upper management.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop lying to all employees. They are smarter than you give them credit for.

You're a cook, what do you expect

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe people, it has always been the people that kept me coming back to work. You are almost like a family there, a crazy dysfunctional family, but a family non-the-less.

ConsThe pay is a joke and sometimes you have to wonder about the decisions the higher ups make. The work can be surprisingly stressful, well if you care about the quality of your work.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe company needs to find its own identity right now it tends to just copy what other restaurants around it do. They seem to have very few original ideas.

Worked for King's Family Restaurant? Contribute to the Community!