King's Family Restaurant

Chris Whalen

Not a bad place

Former Employee - Waitress in Sarver, PA
    Former Employee - Waitress in Sarver, PA

I worked at King's Family Restaurant part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good tips and great co-workers

Cons

Long hours and difficult customers

Disgusting

Former Employee - Line Cook
    Former Employee - Line Cook

I worked at King's Family Restaurant full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

It's a great stepping stone for other jobs because you do every part of your job. There are no stations.

Cons

Way too many to list them all. This company is going downhill fast. Upper management has no clue how to run a restaurant. It's almost like they want the company to fail. Their changes are disgusting and their methods are impractical. They look to employees for advice after the store has already failed.

Pay attention to your employees and your stores. Make them work smarter not harder. You're currently doing the opposite. Everything is impractical. Don't disrespect your employees and the good ones will stay.

Ordered sausage & got bacon we started eating & the waitress took the bacon back had ketchup on it.

I have been working at King's Family Restaurant

Pros

waitress did bring the sausage.

Cons

Asked to return the bacon which was on the plate that we started to eat with eggs and potatoes & ketchup

We are not an employee. We are a customer that likes to eat out. And we will never go to your restaurant again. That was very disgusting, then give the bacon to another customer if not to another customer why take it back even to throw it away it was already touching our eggs and potatoes.

Waitress/Hostess/Cashier

Current Employee - Waitress
    Current Employee - Waitress

I have been working at King's Family Restaurant part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Fast-paced environment, friendly coworkers, and flexible scheduling made for a great part-time job. Provides excellent opportunities for a foundation in the customer service and sales industry.

Cons

The hours are often very unpredictable because you stay at work until you are no longer needed. It depends very largely on how busy the store is on that particular day. Waitressing here also includes a wide variety of other responsibilities and the ability to multi-task.

A disaster

Former Employee - Management
    Former Employee - Management

I worked at King's Family Restaurant full-time

Pros

People are the only good thing

Cons

Corporate office is so out of touch with what goes on in the run down stores. The family atmosphere that was created by Mr. king is being destroyed by current upper management.

Stop lying to all employees. They are smarter than you give them credit for.

You're a cook, what do you expect

I worked at King's Family Restaurant

Pros

The people, it has always been the people that kept me coming back to work. You are almost like a family there, a crazy dysfunctional family, but a family non-the-less.

Cons

The pay is a joke and sometimes you have to wonder about the decisions the higher ups make. The work can be surprisingly stressful, well if you care about the quality of your work.

The company needs to find its own identity right now it tends to just copy what other restaurants around it do. They seem to have very few original ideas.