King's Hawaiian

4.8

Mark Taira

Ohana to the core!

I have been working at King's Hawaiian full-time for less than a year

Pros

King's Hawaiian is a great place to work and a wonderful family to work for. The leadership team strives to be transparent and they really take the company values to heart. Coming to work each day is always fun and keeps you on your toes. There's always something new and exciting around the corner.

Cons

Many of the other reviews mention rapid change which I won't disagree with but don't think it is necessarily a bad thing. The company is only growing from here and it's creating a lot of opportunity for future growth and success.

Small Company Atmosphere with Big Company Opportunities

Current Employee - Accounting Supervisor  in  Torrance, CA
    Current Employee - Accounting Supervisor in Torrance, CA

I have been working at King's Hawaiian full-time for more than a year

Pros

Everyone is willing to share their knowledge and expertise. Their doors are always open. The company really welcomes you into the family right from the get go. Management is really dedicated to efficiency and finding ways to do things better. New ideas are welcomed.

Cons

There isn't a clear path to the next level. The company is still evolving, so those next levels will develop in time.

I would like to see more opportunities for employees to get together outside of work through company events, holiday parties, etc. This would really enhance the family friendly atmosphere.

Growing, Changing, Improving and Preserving the Best of the Past

Current Employee - Management  in  Torrance, CA
    Current Employee - Management in Torrance, CA

I have been working at King's Hawaiian full-time

Pros

Investing in growth; cares deeply about all employees; high expectations & good rewards; casual environment.
    Compensation is competitive with similar size companies. Location and easy commute are significant value.
    Steady enhancements to compensation, benefits, and time off in recent years.
    Committed to modern methods, thinking, and process controls.

Cons

Company is driving growth and excellence; change is sometime slow or hard to maintain. No different than any other growing organization. Some areas are flat so not much promotion opportunity.
    Uneven application of standards across the company

Keep doing what you are doing, communicate some more, trust others with important work.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

My experience at King's Hawaiian has been great!

Current Employee - Supply Chain Planning Intern  in  Torrance, CA
    Current Employee - Supply Chain Planning Intern in Torrance, CA

I have been working at King's Hawaiian as an intern for less than a year

Pros

I am really enjoying working at King's Hawaiian since the office culture in the supply chain team is very laid back. Also, I have been working in multiple projects that could actually make an impact to the business. This internship has been a great work experience and I am sure it will help me in my future career.

Cons

Some challenges I encounter of working here is the lack of software that could be used to optimize it's supply chain.

The onboarding process was very smooth; hence I advise the management to continue with the HR orientation, meetings with people from the different departments, and the trainings to learn the systems used.

Positive, helpful and fast paced environment

Current Employee - Intern  in  Torrance, CA
    Current Employee - Intern in Torrance, CA

I have been working at King's Hawaiian as an intern for less than a year

Pros

I enjoyed working here and was able to get my hands on different projects. Even though you go into a role, you can reach out to different areas and work on multiple projects. It is a growing and changing company, this puts you in a position to be more versatile.
    They are very aware of work life balance and try to make the job a positive experience, they are all committed to the brand and want to see you succeed.

Cons

It seems like there isn't much investment yet in software and role unification and organization, several things are done in ways that take up too much time and resources.
    That being said, they do have it on the radar and are looking to change this to make it a leaner company.

Invest in updated and adequate software. As the team grows, try to maintain it together and promote the flow of information.

Changing Culture

I have been working at King's Hawaiian full-time for more than a year

Pros

Company is growing rapidly. Executives are very accessible. Have the ability to learn a lot about your own role and take on new and exciting challenges if they interest you.

Cons

Company talks about values, but they are not always visibly noticeable. Culture is in the midst of change. No clear advancement opportunities. Culture tends to be very conservative and changes that are obviously needed often happen very slowly.

Develop talent internally and be aware of where productivity is coming from within the organization. Benefits could definitely be made more market friendly.

Great Corporate Cultre with Clear Vision

Current Employee - Marketing Management  in  Torrance, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing Management in Torrance, CA

I have been working at King's Hawaiian full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Our company has a clear vision of success, and embraces further learning and growth. We have a relentless commitment to quality, yet operate in a welcoming environment.

Cons

Fast-paced rate of growth requires a high level of flexiblity, effective problem solving skills and a positive attitude.

We have a lot of great minds already on the team. Leaders could take notice and regognize the ones who have contributed to our success.

Aloha

I have been working at King's Hawaiian full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great place to work with lots of opportunity for growth

Cons

Need more control for Change

Tell it like it is!, there are times when we don't know what happened until it happens.

Like your part of the family!

I worked at King's Hawaiian

Pros

Great place and family to work for. Comprehensive benefits and compensation program. Everybody is very welcoming and willing to work as a team. The company truly lives its core values and mission statement. Since the company is growing, there are many promotional and developmental opportunities. The company is growing by leaps and bounds.

Cons

Like any growing company, change happens all the time. If you're all about questioning current processes and improving them, and are highly adaptable to change, this is a great place to be. If you don't possess those traits, look elsewhere.

'Ohana

I have been working at King's Hawaiian full-time

Pros

The company values are modeled daily from the top down

Cons

Growth at this time is minimal

Worked for King's Hawaiian? Contribute to the Community!