King's Hawaiian

www.kingshawaiian.com

King's Hawaiian Reviews

Updated Jun 30, 2014

Mark Taira

My experience at King's Hawaiian has been great!

Supply Chain Planning Intern (Current Employee) Torrance, CA

ProsI am really enjoying working at King's Hawaiian since the office culture in the supply chain team is very laid back. Also, I have been working in multiple projects that could actually make an impact to the business. This internship has been a great work experience and I am sure it will help me in my future career.

ConsSome challenges I encounter of working here is the lack of software that could be used to optimize it's supply chain.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe onboarding process was very smooth; hence I advise the management to continue with the HR orientation, meetings with people from the different departments, and the trainings to learn the systems used.

Positive, helpful and fast paced environment

Intern (Current Employee) Torrance, CA

ProsI enjoyed working here and was able to get my hands on different projects. Even though you go into a role, you can reach out to different areas and work on multiple projects. It is a growing and changing company, this puts you in a position to be more versatile.
    They are very aware of work life balance and try to make the job a positive experience, they are all committed to the brand and want to see you succeed.

ConsIt seems like there isn't much investment yet in software and role unification and organization, several things are done in ways that take up too much time and resources.
    That being said, they do have it on the radar and are looking to change this to make it a leaner company.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in updated and adequate software. As the team grows, try to maintain it together and promote the flow of information.

Changing Culture

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Torrance, CA

ProsCompany is growing rapidly. Executives are very accessible. Have the ability to learn a lot about your own role and take on new and exciting challenges if they interest you.

ConsCompany talks about values, but they are not always visibly noticeable. Culture is in the midst of change. No clear advancement opportunities. Culture tends to be very conservative and changes that are obviously needed often happen very slowly.

Advice to Senior ManagementDevelop talent internally and be aware of where productivity is coming from within the organization. Benefits could definitely be made more market friendly.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Corporate Cultre with Clear Vision

Marketing Management (Current Employee) Torrance, CA

ProsOur company has a clear vision of success, and embraces further learning and growth. We have a relentless commitment to quality, yet operate in a welcoming environment.

ConsFast-paced rate of growth requires a high level of flexiblity, effective problem solving skills and a positive attitude.

Advice to Senior ManagementWe have a lot of great minds already on the team. Leaders could take notice and regognize the ones who have contributed to our success.

Aloha

ProsGreat place to work with lots of opportunity for growth

ConsNeed more control for Change

Advice to Senior ManagementTell it like it is!, there are times when we don't know what happened until it happens.

Like your part of the family!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat place and family to work for. Comprehensive benefits and compensation program. Everybody is very welcoming and willing to work as a team. The company truly lives its core values and mission statement. Since the company is growing, there are many promotional and developmental opportunities. The company is growing by leaps and bounds.

ConsLike any growing company, change happens all the time. If you're all about questioning current processes and improving them, and are highly adaptable to change, this is a great place to be. If you don't possess those traits, look elsewhere.

'Ohana

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Torrance, CA

ProsThe company values are modeled daily from the top down

ConsGrowth at this time is minimal

Great pay for an easy job

Packer (Current Employee) Oakwood, GA

ProsVery easy job
    $10.25 an hour
    Management
    Overtime is almost always available

Conswith such an easy job sometimes people will tend to not work as hard which increases other peoples work load

Nice place to work at with friendly people in a family businesss environment.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Torrance, CA

ProsThe good group health benefits and updated software. It is definitely Hawaiian bread and food lovers’ paradise. Yummy recipes are shared during lunch if you are at the corporate office. Monthly birthdays celebrations observed.

ConsHalf hour lunches for non-exempt employees, with little flexibility.

It can become a barrier to access computer systems and/or departments until a trusted personnel member logged on or opened doors for you causing disconnect/disruption to work.

Kings Hawaiian Review

Intern (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA

Prosgreat atmosphere at the work place and learned a lot while at King's.

Consgiven general instructions at times without guidance

Advice to Senior ManagementGreat job and enjoyed my time there.

Worked for King's Hawaiian? Contribute to the Community!