Kings County Hospital Center

Updated July 21, 2014
3.6

Kings County Hospital Center Executive Director Antonio D. Martin
Antonio D. Martin

A great place to learn and experience new things.

Current Employee - Public Healthcare Project  in  Brooklyn, NY
    Current Employee - Public Healthcare Project in Brooklyn, NY

I have been working at Kings County Hospital Center as an intern for more than 3 years

Pros

A constant learning and challenging environment. Staff is very helpful, compassionate and caring.

Cons

Very crowded and long wait for some services.

Medical Speech Pathology Externship

Current Employee - Speech Pathology Student  in  Brooklyn, NY
    Current Employee - Speech Pathology Student in Brooklyn, NY

I have been working at Kings County Hospital Center as an intern for less than a year

Pros

The hospital provides students the opportunity to work with diverse patients with various communication disorders. Most of the employees are friendly and enjoyable to work with. Conductive learning environment.

Cons

Limited number of modified barium swallow studies conducted. The hospital does not conduct fiberoptic endoscopic evaluation of swallowing.

Legal Administrative Assistant

Current Employee - Paralegal/Executive Assistant  in  Brooklyn, NY
    Current Employee - Paralegal/Executive Assistant in Brooklyn, NY

I have been working at Kings County Hospital Center full-time for more than a year

Pros

Meeting Challenges---as we know there will always be---but meeting and working with people who are not afraid to step up to the challenges when they are presented...I am grateful for the opportunity to be expose to the finest people in Health care services, who has demonstrated and conducted themselves in a comprehensive professional manner that illuminate throughout Behavioral Health Services.

Cons

Working with employees who have been working in the health care services for many years and feel unappreciative and taken disadvantage of...they are bitter and full of resentments which makes it very difficut to do your job in a productive and professional manner...An ongoing comprehensive mechanism needs to be in place, to conduct a diagnostic evaluation of employees that demonstrate empathy and the ability to appreciate valuable employees.

There are exceptional employees who are not being recognized for their broad displays of professionalism, compassion and dedication of work ethics. The health care services must continue to identify and define valuable employees by enhancing on their proficiency and the servicee they provide to the people in our communities. Finally, we must offer opportunities to knowledgeable and dedicated employees for their work services.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Thrilling

Former Employee - Academic Associate, ED  in  Brooklyn, NY
    Former Employee - Academic Associate, ED in Brooklyn, NY

I worked at Kings County Hospital Center

Pros

The triage is huge
    The staff is curteous
    Decent eats inside and nearby

Cons

Rough neighborhood if you're not used to Brooklyn

n/a

No professional growth.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Kings County Hospital Center

Pros

The benefits are good and the work environment and good professionalism. Very nice place to start after college or entry level.

Cons

No room for professional growth. A place where you start at one position and you remain stuck in the same position till you end.

Worked for Kings County Hospital Center? Contribute to the Community!