Kings Island Reviews

Very fun

Former Employee - Entertainment Technician  in  Mason, OH
    Former Employee - Entertainment Technician in Mason, OH

I worked at Kings Island part-time for less than a year

Pros

exciting environment, good work hours

Cons

i have no cons to say

none

They know they can replace you

Former Employee - Park Services  in  Mason, OH
    Former Employee - Park Services in Mason, OH

I worked at Kings Island part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Free access to park, cheap food and friendly co-workers.

Cons

Management needs improvement, swing shift. The company overworks newer employees because they know you will be replaced. A large turn around rate there.

Great First Job

I worked at Kings Island

Pros

This was my first job and I stayed with the company for three summers. If you work hard, it's easy to get promoted and this made it easy to be promoted at future jobs since I already had management experience. It is almost always full time so expect at least 40 hours per week. Because of the hours worked, paychecks are good for a 16, 17, 18 year old.

Cons

It can be a game of favorites- if you're friends with the boss it's likely you will be promoted. If you don't want it to consume your summer- this may not be the job for you. I worked in food and there are some locations that have no air conditioning and require that you stand your entire shift with only one thirty minute break.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Terrible place to work

Former Employee - Server  in  Mason, OH
    Former Employee - Server in Mason, OH

I worked at Kings Island part-time for less than a year

Pros

Nothing really aside from free tickets after working 224 hours.

Cons

Terrible place to work. Managers don't care about the associates at all. I was discriminated a handful of times while working by a manager who didn't like me because I am pregnant. I was threatened to be written up many times for putting trays on clean tables- I was a server at Reds HOF grille. I had to carry the trays with two hands so I didn't drop them and I would set them down on a clean table to pass out the food so I didn't drop any food. He said it was unacceptable and I had to carry them with one hand and a tray jack in the other. Were not allowed to sit to my feet would swell terribly. I was never given breaks and our shifts were around 12 hours long. This place is terrible and I don't recommended it to anyone. And this was my second season. My first season was in 2010 and the managers then didn't care about you as well. All the servers get scheduled 60 hours and you don't get paid overtime since were "seasonal" Terrible company to work for.

Get new, respectful managers.

Good experience for a first job.

Current Employee - Admissions Associate  in  Mason, OH
    Current Employee - Admissions Associate in Mason, OH

I have been working at Kings Island full-time for more than a year

Pros

I worked with a lot of great, friendly, motivated people. The job definitely had its perks - such as free access to all other Cedar Fair parks, cheaper dining options even when in the park for recreation purposes, and a driven team environment.

Cons

I worked in customer service, and guests often did not enjoy the policies that were in place. This meant unpleasant interactions sometimes. The pay was minimum wage, and often I was stuck working out in almost unbearable heat. 30 minute breaks are actually more like 15 after one factors in clocking out and getting to the employee lounge.

Great job for high school aged people

Former Employee - Games Associate
    Former Employee - Games Associate

I worked at Kings Island for more than 3 years

Pros

Very flexible with scheduling. I could easily request days off since they have so many other employees. Also, you get 40 hrs per week which is nice. Free Kings Island pass when you aren't working. For every year that you return, your wage goes up about .10 I believe. It is a fun work environment since everyone is about the same age. I met a lot of friends that I still have today.

Cons

I worked in Games and it was very hot in the sun with little to no relief. You have to stand the entire time (sometimes 4 hours at a time without a break). They are very strict about being outgoing on a microphone to attract guests which can be somewhat obnoxious.

My favorite job that I have ever had!

Former Employee - Train Engineer  in  Mason, OH
    Former Employee - Train Engineer in Mason, OH

I worked at Kings Island part-time for less than a year

Pros

I was able to better my organization skills by helping out my supervisor with creating schedules and other tasks like that. The people that I worked with were absolutely fantastic. The values that Kings Island has for their employees are very good and they make sure that everyone is striving to keep those values at all times. If there was ever a question about what to do, someone was always willing to help.

Cons

The only con to this job was that it got very hot.

Rides Operator

Former Employee - Rides Operator  in  Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Rides Operator in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Kings Island part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The people you work with are upbeat and fun.

Cons

The work gets very repetitive.

Ok job until your 18

Current Employee - Park Services Associate
    Current Employee - Park Services Associate

I have been working at Kings Island part-time for less than a year

Pros

People are nice
    You make a lot of friends
    Earn a lot of money

Cons

Hours are outrageous for a 17 year it's around 40 hours, so not that bad. However once you hit 18. They try to schedule you for as close to 70 hours as possible. This job will consume your summer. You are not allowed to stand or sit. You can only walk in the hot sun, and you only have one break. Zero flexibility in schedule.

Please only give all day shifts as an option. Also please try to make schedules around 40 hours.

Okay

I worked at Kings Island

Pros

Fun place to work, lots of interaction with people, co-workers are nice, lots of young people working their first job, trying to make a good impression

Cons

10+ hour shifts without breaks, standing in the sun for hours on end, not getting breaks, not feeling like management cares if you survive out there, hard, physical labor

Worked for Kings Island? Contribute to the Community!