Kingwood Medical Center
www.kingwoodmedical.com Kingwood , TX

Kingwood Medical Center Reviews

Be The First To
Add Photos

Kingwood Medical Center is the place to work!

I have been working at Kingwood Medical Center full-time for more than a year

ProsSmall but rapidly growing hospital with a culture of excellence in patient care, highly trained staff, open and respectful communication between physicians and nurses. Plenty of opportunity for personal growth both academically through a partnership with UT Arlington and in your chosen career path. Supportive management team.

ConsGrowing pains and construction but the outcome will allow us to provide better services

Advice to Senior ManagementPatient care can be improved by having inter-department team meetings.

Great people but always short staffed

I have been working at Kingwood Medical Center full-time for more than 3 years

ProsSmall hospital where you can really get to know people. Great teamwork, unit supervisor is a good leader who can get the message across without rocking the boat.

ConsAlways short staffed, they won't hire sitters so when we get a confused patient we automatically loose an aide. Upper management have forgotten what it is like on the floor, you have six patients, doctors with orders awkward families, only one aide and some one with a clipboard tells you off for not signing the hourly rounding sheet in one of your rooms

Advice to Senior ManagementQuit expecting nurses to do everything now. Quit overloading us and then getting mad because we have to work overtime to get our job done.

A review from a current employee

I have been working at Kingwood Medical Center full-time for more than a year

ProsI really like the people I work with. I schedule myself and my employer trys to give me the days off I want.

ConsVery low pay, always work short handed, more work than a single person can possibly do in one day

Advice to Senior ManagementWe need higher pay and a lower nurse to pt ratio

The doctors and nurses that work there are fantastic; however, the management is less than average.

Nurse Tech (Former Employee)

I worked at Kingwood Medical Center

ProsThe staff members are nice. The benefits are good. There are a great deal of opportunities for advancement. There are added perks to working their like discounts on food, and holiday celebrations.

ConsThe supervisors do not have very much respect for their employees. They do not acknowledge when an employee is doing a good job.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe leadership needs to be more caring towards their employees. They need to realize that we are all human. They need to understand that things happen sometimes in the lives of their employees that could impact them on the job and they should not be insensitive to their employees when it occurs. They should praise their employees for their accomplishments and help them to overcome their failures.

Very busy place, growing rapidly

Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee)

I have been working at Kingwood Medical Center

ProsThis is my first job after graduating. What i like best about this place is how busy it is. It has given me great oppurtunity to increase and improve my skills.

ConsThere are some eployees that i would not allow to put a hand on me. I feel as if i have to pick up slack for some of those i work with, and i feel leadership is oblivious to this. Management does not reward good work

Advice to Senior ManagementPay more attention to what really goes on. monitor employee performance a little closer. hospital is not that big so this should be quite feasible

Worked for Kingwood Medical Center? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Kingwood Medical Center reviews and ratings. All 5 reviews posted anonymously by Kingwood Medical Center employees.