Kingwood Medical Center

2.1
CEO

1. Great place to be, small hospital

I have been working at Kingwood Medical Center

Pros

Staff is amazing, it's a small hospital so everyone knows everyone.

Cons

Pay is below average. Zero flexibility with your schedule. Not very organized.

Advice to Management

N/a

2. Pharmacy Technician II

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Porter, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Porter, TX

I worked at Kingwood Medical Center (Less than a year)

Pros

Very easy work load each day

Cons

Not enough work to go around

Advice to Management

Split work load better

3. The worst place that I have ever worked.

I have been working at Kingwood Medical Center

Pros

I like my co-workers both in and out of my department. The facility is nice, there have been many recent renovations and new additions.

Cons

The management is horrific. They don't treat employees equally or according to policy and there is no one to appeal to because the HR management and other department management are friends outside of work. HR will make up excuses for the department as to why they don't follow policy. In addition, management lies. They will tell you what you want to hear but never follow through or will make up a reason for changing their mind

Advice to Management

Show some compassion. Follow your own policies and apply them equally to everyone. Tat others hoe you want to be treated. Don't lie, thou loose respect and credibility.

OMGoodness, RUN,SAVE YOURSELF

I have been working at Kingwood Medical Center

Pros

Salary, commute time!some (few) nice folks

Cons

HORRIBLE clinical care for the most part. Providers who do NOT see the patient and write notes as if they did. NO AUTHENTIC NURSING LEADERSHIP, conflict of interest/fraud behavior. AND MOST OF ALL...THE ORGANIZATION DOES NOT CARE. they display no ethics. They do not care about employees, either as workers or humans. The staffing is dangerous and patients are constantly moved from floor to floor because there are not enough nurses...because the competent,smart ones quickly leave.....

Advice to Management

I hear other HCA locations are NOT like this. Corporate needs to totally clean house or shut this location down. Peer review (genuine) is an idea and some oversight of the providers there who DO NOT practice to standard...and brag about it. CLINICAL NURSING LEADERSHIP THAT ACTUALLY WANTS TO DO THE RIGHT THING...somewhere besides on paper. You don't keep quality fols by this pitiful excuse for a "hospital". BTW, the hospital is filthy, soap and paper products always missing and trash overflowing

6. Horrible!!!! Don't waste your time or talent. This place sucks the life out of you!!!

Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Kingwood, TX
    Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Kingwood, TX

I worked at Kingwood Medical Center full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nothing!!! Orientation stinks-it's sink or swim, management do not care. The only director that actually cared was fired for trying to make a difference.

Cons

This is an HCA facility-for profit hospital. That means they cut staffing so much that Registered Nurses have to perform the job function of 5 different people while only being paid to do one. As a Registered Nurse, you have to provide nursing-that's a given. I was not hired to be a CNA/Tech, Telemetry tech, Unit Secretary and Food Service worker. I interviewed for an Observation nurse position. When I started working, I was required to take surgical, medical and telemetry patients. No job is above me but I did not get my Bachelors degree in nursing to wipe butts, give bed baths, remove patient trays from their rooms, or do order entry in the middle of trying to care for my patients. The nurses are stretched so thin that there is no way you can perform safe nursing practice while being expected to answer the stupid phone that you are required to carry while attempting to pull medication, perform an assessment or even educate the patient. There are so many distractions!!! Steer clear of this place if you are worried about losing your nursing license.

Advice to Management

Stop cutting funding for staffing, give the nurses some help!!! They are drowning and management are not doing anything to help!! Full time nurses don't stay because staffing agencies pay more-pay your nurses more for all of the crap they have to do and you can save money by not having to pay for agency nurses!!! the patients are suffering and no one cares!!!

7. Dissatisfied.

Current Employee - Rcp in Kingwood, TX
    Current Employee - Rcp in Kingwood, TX

I have been working at Kingwood Medical Center full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good for experience purposes if you cannot get in to one of the far superior major not for profit systems in the surrounding Houston area. The ability to build longstanding relationships with the great frontline caregivers that you work with. Flexibility in scheduling, at least within the department that I worked.

Cons

The frontline staff is underpaid, under-appreciated, and overworked. The patient load is ridiculous. However, most caregivers are green, have never worked anywhere else, and have no idea what a great organization looks like. Upper management is a joke, and no matter how much you talk they will never listen. It's very difficult to maintain a positive attitude in a hospital that is so dysfunctional. Also, the interdepartmental communication is seriously lacking.

Advice to Management

I would have written a lengthy paragraph stating all the things you guys should do, but it's obvious to me that you don't listen so I'm not going to waste my time. In fairness to you, I realize that an organization's culture starts at the top, and that you officers are only passing on your superior's expectations. Bottom line: I, and most other people that work there, see through your facade. We realize that you really don't care, not because of the words you speak, but because of your actions.

8. Med/Surg

Current Employee - RN Med/Surg in Kingwood, TX
    Current Employee - RN Med/Surg in Kingwood, TX

I have been working at Kingwood Medical Center full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good team to work with.

Cons

Upper managmenet is unorganized and doesn't listen to requests from floor nurses

9. Nursing at an HCA facility in Kingwood TX

Current Employee - Staff RN in Kingwood, TX
    Current Employee - Staff RN in Kingwood, TX

I have been working at Kingwood Medical Center full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Complex patients, good experience for new nurses, not Magnet and will hire nurses with ADN degrees, not required to have a BSN, lots of overtime is available

Cons

Pay is less than other facilities in Houston, frequent changes in managers, CEO does not listen to nurses concerns even though she is a nurse, ICU nurses triple up and take care of 3 patients especially at night, heavy dependence on agency for staffing. It is a for profit company more concerned about the bottom line than anything else.

Advice to Management

Listen to your nurses

10. Do not care about employees happiness

I worked at Kingwood Medical Center

Pros

I loved the people I worked with and the patients. They were so amazing!

Cons

The purple in the suis cases nothing about the needed our the eek being of their employees but rather just what they could get out of us and the money they could pocket as a corporation. Unsafe discharges just to free up a bed and minimal staffing that put the patients at risk and over worked the CNA's and the Nurses!

Advice to Management

Think about who is working for you. Not just who you are working for. Those people low on the totem pole are the ones who keep the place running and making money. But remember we are in the business of caring for other's health not just lining the pockets of the share holders!

11. Kingwood Medical Center is the place to work!

I have been working at Kingwood Medical Center full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Small but rapidly growing hospital with a culture of excellence in patient care, highly trained staff, open and respectful communication between physicians and nurses. Plenty of opportunity for personal growth both academically through a partnership with UT Arlington and in your chosen career path. Supportive management team.

Cons

Growing pains and construction but the outcome will allow us to provide better services

Advice to Management

Patient care can be improved by having inter-department team meetings.

RSS Feed </> Embed