Kinnser Software

Kinnser Software Reviews

Updated Mar 25, 2014

Kinnser Software President & Founder Christopher Hester

Christopher Hester

The people are what make Kinnser such a great place to work.

Marketing Coordinator (Current Employee) Austin, TX

ProsThe people are always happy and helpful. They make it fun to come to work everyday. It's a company where every voice is heard and whether you're an intern or an executive they take your input into consideration.

ConsSometimes it can be difficult to get things done quickly due to political processes.

Advice to Senior ManagementWith the tremendous growth Kinnser continues to achieve, hold on to that 'startup' environment where every voice is heard.

A fantastic company with wildy-varying departmental atmospheres

Tech Support (Former Employee)

ProsKinnser hires great people who all bring something to the table. The camaraderie among most departments is very tight and the company has always had an open-door policy that fosters open communication.

ConsThe Technical Support Department, the largest department within the company, may as well be a different company. Not only is it isolated from the rest of the company departments by several floors, it's also such an understaffed and overwhelmed department that its employees are too tightly scheduled and overworked to partake of many of the company's team building and social events. The staff in this department have an entirely different experience working for this company than everyone else.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake the necessary steps sooner rather than later to better staff your Technical Support Department and train its managers in order to make it a more rewarding work environment before turnover becomes a chronic issue.

Great place to work!

Tech Support (Current Employee) Austin, TX

ProsAll around Great place to work

ConsNone That I can think of.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great place to work

ProsTrue team-based attitudes, really great people, very flat structure

ConsStretch goals take away from daily work

Advice to Senior ManagementReduce # of stretch goals

Not one day have I hated the idea of coming to work at Kinnser!

Prospleasant environment, internal growth, excellent culture, tech company with a mission of helping people, management for the most part truly care about success for the company and the employees as a whole.

Consa start-up company transitioning into a more corporate culture can have some challenges but brings with it some positives as well.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't let what makes Kinnser special ever change, keep the heart of this unique company alive even with continued growth!

A great place to work.

ProsStrong leadership, big commitment to customer satisfaction, innovative development, positive culture. Over the last ten years tremendous growth has been managed very well by investing in top notch people in all departments. The facility is beautiful. Staff are given the right tools to get the job done. In software you can never rest, but you can have fun.

ConsThere's too much traffic during SXSW.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue with the rapid, yet disciplined development strategy. Let competitors overcomplicate the interface.

Awesome place to work!

ProsGreat management, relaxed fun atmosphere, good benefits and great teams to work with. Hard work gets recognized by management. Kinnser really tries to work with you and make your work-life enjoyable.

ConsSince the company is on different floors of the building it is hard to know everyone. Working from home is not an option.

A great place to be an engineer!

ProsKinnser Engineering has a great agile software development process and continues to modernize it's technology stack. I get to learn new things all of the time and play with some of the latest and greatest technologies like AngularJS!

ConsWorking with CMS.gov and other organizations who's technology we depend on but is out of our control.

Great place to work and the people are awesome

ProsGet to work with many different department

ConsNone so far. Everyone is nice and willing to help.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to employee suggestions

Great so far

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Austin, TX

ProsI've been at Kinnser for less than a year, but what I noticed right away was that everyone is really smart and talented. Kinnser has a very intense hiring process which ensures we work with only the best of the best.

ConsI feel like product priorities change too frequently.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide a mission/vision/goals/objectives that we can use to check all decisions against. If a suggested product change or direction doesn't support the overall vision, then we should delay or not do it so we can focus only on development efforts that get us where we want to go.

Worked for Kinnser Software? Contribute to the Community!