Kinnser Software

Updated October 30, 2014
4.6

Kinnser Software President & Founder Christopher Hester
Christopher Hester

The people make the difference!

I have been working at Kinnser Software full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Kinnser has an incredible culture, a very friendly atmosphere, and a tremendous product. The company has a lot of room for growth in the future and is serving a great need of patients and caregivers. Cool office with music posters, free snacks etc.

Cons

Limited maket means some restrictions on growth, but still a lot of headroom

Keep up the great work!

Executive Assistant

Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Austin, TX

I have been working at Kinnser Software full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Culture, benefits, hours, location, staff, management

Cons

I can't think of one.

The people are what make Kinnser such a great place to work.

Current Employee - Marketing Coordinator in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Marketing Coordinator in Austin, TX

I have been working at Kinnser Software full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The people are always happy and helpful. They make it fun to come to work everyday. It's a company where every voice is heard and whether you're an intern or an executive they take your input into consideration.

Cons

Sometimes it can be difficult to get things done quickly due to political processes.

With the tremendous growth Kinnser continues to achieve, hold on to that 'startup' environment where every voice is heard.

Great place to work!

Current Employee - Tech Support in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Tech Support in Austin, TX

I have been working at Kinnser Software full-time (more than an year)

Pros

All around Great place to work

Cons

None That I can think of.

Not one day have I hated the idea of coming to work at Kinnser!

I have been working at Kinnser Software full-time

Pros

pleasant environment, internal growth, excellent culture, tech company with a mission of helping people, management for the most part truly care about success for the company and the employees as a whole.

Cons

a start-up company transitioning into a more corporate culture can have some challenges but brings with it some positives as well.

Don't let what makes Kinnser special ever change, keep the heart of this unique company alive even with continued growth!

A great place to work.

I have been working at Kinnser Software full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Strong leadership, big commitment to customer satisfaction, innovative development, positive culture. Over the last ten years tremendous growth has been managed very well by investing in top notch people in all departments. The facility is beautiful. Staff are given the right tools to get the job done. In software you can never rest, but you can have fun.

Cons

There's too much traffic during SXSW.

Continue with the rapid, yet disciplined development strategy. Let competitors overcomplicate the interface.

A great place to be an engineer!

I have been working at Kinnser Software

Pros

Kinnser Engineering has a great agile software development process and continues to modernize it's technology stack. I get to learn new things all of the time and play with some of the latest and greatest technologies like AngularJS!

Cons

Working with CMS.gov and other organizations who's technology we depend on but is out of our control.

Great place to work and the people are awesome

I have been working at Kinnser Software full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Get to work with many different department

Cons

None so far. Everyone is nice and willing to help.

Listen to employee suggestions

Me and the CEO

Current Employee - Marketing & Strategy in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Marketing & Strategy in Austin, TX

I have been working at Kinnser Software full-time (less than an year)

Pros

It was my first week as a new hire; I was still drinking through the fire hose (favorite new hire pastime). I was in a meeting with the VP of Strategy, and a stranger pops in to tell a quick joke. This was my first impression of Kinnser President and CEO, Chris Hester.

Fast-forward to Friday. Chris joined one of our new hire meetings (he seems to have a knack for being aware of little details), and he made a point to meet each of us, learn our names, and officially welcome us to the company. It was there that he casually mentioned something I’ll never forget- his personal twist on the bus analogy.

He told us that what separates good companies from great companies is a lot like an adventurous bus ride. Often times, people panic when stormy weather hits the road or the driver needs to take a break. However, the way Kinnser runs should never change. “It doesn’t matter if someone gets off the bus or if we move seats on the bus. I truly believe we have the best approach to creating a successful business with the best people in place.”

Ten years ago, Chris noticed that a home health agency was losing money, sacrificing time, and desperately needing reorganization. He didn’t just build a product and expect people to buy it. He listened. That is what defines Kinnser’s success--the ability to understand a common pain point and resolve it correctly. Kinnser does not directly supervise the day-to-day care of millions of Americans, but their software empowers those who do.

--Wait, back to the bus…

Again, I was confused at the time, but Chris clarified. He was getting off the Kinnser bus for a few days himself because his wife was expecting their second child two days away!

Since then, I’ve realized just how good of a listener he is. Not just in regards to who I am and where I’m from, but how Chris listens and solves real world problems. So Chris, if this somehow gets to you - congratulations on your newborn son and thanks for making Kinnser a great place to work.

Cons

You may be working for various departments. Take this as an opportunity!

Consistently ask for employee feedback.

Great so far

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Kinnser Software full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I've been at Kinnser for less than a year, but what I noticed right away was that everyone is really smart and talented. Kinnser has a very intense hiring process which ensures we work with only the best of the best.

Cons

I feel like product priorities change too frequently.

Provide a mission/vision/goals/objectives that we can use to check all decisions against. If a suggested product change or direction doesn't support the overall vision, then we should delay or not do it so we can focus only on development efforts that get us where we want to go.