Kinnser Software

Kinnser Software Reviews

Updated Mar 25, 2014

Kinnser Software President & Founder Christopher Hester

Christopher Hester

The people are what make Kinnser such a great place to work.

Marketing Coordinator (Current Employee)
    Austin, TX

ProsThe people are always happy and helpful. They make it fun to come to work everyday. It's a company where every voice is heard and whether you're an intern or an executive they take your input into consideration.

ConsSometimes it can be difficult to get things done quickly due to political processes.

Advice to Senior ManagementWith the tremendous growth Kinnser continues to achieve, hold on to that 'startup' environment where every voice is heard.

Great place to work!

Tech Support (Current Employee)
    Austin, TX

ProsAll around Great place to work

ConsNone That I can think of.

Not one day have I hated the idea of coming to work at Kinnser!

Prospleasant environment, internal growth, excellent culture, tech company with a mission of helping people, management for the most part truly care about success for the company and the employees as a whole.

Consa start-up company transitioning into a more corporate culture can have some challenges but brings with it some positives as well.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't let what makes Kinnser special ever change, keep the heart of this unique company alive even with continued growth!

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A great place to work.

ProsStrong leadership, big commitment to customer satisfaction, innovative development, positive culture. Over the last ten years tremendous growth has been managed very well by investing in top notch people in all departments. The facility is beautiful. Staff are given the right tools to get the job done. In software you can never rest, but you can have fun.

ConsThere's too much traffic during SXSW.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue with the rapid, yet disciplined development strategy. Let competitors overcomplicate the interface.

Awesome place to work!

ProsGreat management, relaxed fun atmosphere, good benefits and great teams to work with. Hard work gets recognized by management. Kinnser really tries to work with you and make your work-life enjoyable.

ConsSince the company is on different floors of the building it is hard to know everyone. Working from home is not an option.

A great place to be an engineer!

ProsKinnser Engineering has a great agile software development process and continues to modernize it's technology stack. I get to learn new things all of the time and play with some of the latest and greatest technologies like AngularJS!

ConsWorking with CMS.gov and other organizations who's technology we depend on but is out of our control.

Great place to work and the people are awesome

ProsGet to work with many different department

ConsNone so far. Everyone is nice and willing to help.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to employee suggestions

Me and the CEO

Marketing & Strategy (Current Employee)
    Austin, TX

ProsIt was my first week as a new hire; I was still drinking through the fire hose (favorite new hire pastime). I was in a meeting with the VP of Strategy, and a stranger pops in to tell a quick joke. This was my first impression of Kinnser President and CEO, Chris Hester.

Fast-forward to Friday. Chris joined one of our new hire meetings (he seems to have a knack for being aware of little details), and he made a point to meet each of us, learn our names, and officially welcome us to the company. It was there that he casually mentioned something I’ll never forget- his personal twist on the bus analogy.

He told us that what separates good companies from great companies is a lot like an adventurous bus ride. Often times, people panic when stormy weather hits the road or the driver needs to take a break. However, the way Kinnser runs should never change. “It doesn’t matter if someone gets off the bus or if we move seats on the bus. I truly believe we have the best approach to creating a successful business with the best people in place.”

Ten years ago, Chris noticed that a home health agency was losing money, sacrificing time, and desperately needing reorganization. He didn’t just build a product and expect people to buy it. He listened. That is what defines Kinnser’s success--the ability to understand a common pain point and resolve it correctly. Kinnser does not directly supervise the day-to-day care of millions of Americans, but their software empowers those who do.

--Wait, back to the bus…

Again, I was confused at the time, but Chris clarified. He was getting off the Kinnser bus for a few days himself because his wife was expecting their second child two days away!

Since then, I’ve realized just how good of a listener he is. Not just in regards to who I am and where I’m from, but how Chris listens and solves real world problems. So Chris, if this somehow gets to you - congratulations on your newborn son and thanks for making Kinnser a great place to work.

ConsYou may be working for various departments. Take this as an opportunity!

Advice to Senior ManagementConsistently ask for employee feedback.

Great so far

(Current Employee)
    Austin, TX

ProsI've been at Kinnser for less than a year, but what I noticed right away was that everyone is really smart and talented. Kinnser has a very intense hiring process which ensures we work with only the best of the best.

ConsI feel like product priorities change too frequently.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide a mission/vision/goals/objectives that we can use to check all decisions against. If a suggested product change or direction doesn't support the overall vision, then we should delay or not do it so we can focus only on development efforts that get us where we want to go.

Best company I've ever worked for!

Austin, TX

ProsManagement is very concerned with employee experience and work conditions. Recent re-evaluation of area/industry wages by the company resulted in a hefty raise as well as even better benefits package. Employees are well cared for.

ConsIn at least one department, promotions are blocked due to management only considering external candidates.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep your focus on hiring, training and retaining good, enthusiastic employees. Ensure that promotion from within is always a possibility.

Worked for Kinnser Software? Contribute to the Community!

Kinnser Software Videos

Kinnser Software – Why Work for Us?

Overview Our company was founded in 2003 to create software solutions that deliver clinical and business results to the home health industry. Today, Kinnser Software, Inc. is the fastest-growing software company in home… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Kinnser Software reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Kinnser Software CEO Christopher Hester . All 26 reviews posted anonymously by Kinnser Software employees.