Kinnser Software

Kinnser Software Reviews

Updated Mar 25, 2014

Kinnser Software President & Founder Christopher Hester

Christopher Hester

A fantastic company with wildy-varying departmental atmospheres

Tech Support (Former Employee)

ProsKinnser hires great people who all bring something to the table. The camaraderie among most departments is very tight and the company has always had an open-door policy that fosters open communication.

ConsThe Technical Support Department, the largest department within the company, may as well be a different company. Not only is it isolated from the rest of the company departments by several floors, it's also such an understaffed and overwhelmed department that its employees are too tightly scheduled and overworked to partake of many of the company's team building and social events. The staff in this department have an entirely different experience working for this company than everyone else.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake the necessary steps sooner rather than later to better staff your Technical Support Department and train its managers in order to make it a more rewarding work environment before turnover becomes a chronic issue.

Room for improvement

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Austin, TX

Pros-Communication regarding direction
    -Development of the product and product management
    -Agile sessions to understand what different departments were contributing
    -Snacks and the coffee machines

Cons-Not a lot of direction or career advancement
    -Direction changes quickly
    -No work from home option
    -Close tight knit groups can make a new comer feel like an outsider

Advice to Senior Management-Keep the open door policy
    -There are problems in certain departments with people that are like cancer. You will lose good talent if those individuals are not promoting a team environment
    -Managers need to be sensitive to having a regular "entourage". It looks like favoritism

Great place to work

ProsTrue team-based attitudes, really great people, very flat structure

ConsStretch goals take away from daily work

Advice to Senior ManagementReduce # of stretch goals

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A stimulating and challenging (in a good way) work environment.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Austin, TX

ProsSurrounded by very intelligent, motivated people. Everyone is friendly, easy to talk to, willing to help, and willing to train new employees.

ConsMoved offices recently and there isn't as much camaraderie and "team" feeling.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep hiring smart people, but work on the orientation process.

Kinnser values its employees

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Austin, TX

ProsKinnser values its employees' ideas and experience, work/life balance, and commitment to a fun and laid back environment and inclusive culture, no matter how successful we become.

ConsThe location in south-central Austin just off of Mopac can be challenging with traffic, commuting in from the north.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't change the Kinnser culture. We love working here. If something doesn't directly benefit employees and current customers, don't do it.

Great company with a genuine commitment to healthcare improvement

Prosgenuine commitment to improving the community and healthcare as a whole
    good people - smart and dedicated
    open door policy with all management team members
    casual work atmosphere

Consemployees discouraged from working at home
    expected to work 8:30-5:30, regardless of travel schedule
    open door policy often leads to lots of interruptions throughout the day

Advice to Senior Managementcommunicate changes and updates to those who report to you more regularly

Good place to work , aggresive growth

Database Administrator (Current Employee) Austin, TX

ProsBalanced work-life
    Good understanding people
    very laid back culture
    Good compensation
    Management is transparent
    List in austin Top 50 fastest grwoing company
    Free Trainings and pays for certifications

ConsNot bad so far , Using old CF coding

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it up, Soon Kinnser will a public company

Great company in Austin Texas

Senior Quality Assurance Engineer (Current Employee) Austin, TX

ProsGreat work/life balance, great co-workers, fun work environment, rewarding work, appreciative customer base,

Consexpensive healthcare, technologies and processes in place are not cutting edge: Coldfusion, non MVC, non object oriented, not using XP

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work and keep moving in the right direction: incorporating better and more main-stream technologies and processes

The people are what make Kinnser such a great place to work.

Marketing Coordinator (Current Employee) Austin, TX

ProsThe people are always happy and helpful. They make it fun to come to work everyday. It's a company where every voice is heard and whether you're an intern or an executive they take your input into consideration.

ConsSometimes it can be difficult to get things done quickly due to political processes.

Advice to Senior ManagementWith the tremendous growth Kinnser continues to achieve, hold on to that 'startup' environment where every voice is heard.

Great place to work!

Tech Support (Current Employee) Austin, TX

ProsAll around Great place to work

ConsNone That I can think of.

Worked for Kinnser Software? Contribute to the Community!