Kinnser Software

Kinnser Software Reviews

Updated Mar 25, 2014

Kinnser Software Founder & President Christopher Hester

Christopher Hester

A fantastic company with wildy-varying departmental atmospheres

Tech Support (Former Employee)

I worked at Kinnser Software full-time for more than a year

ProsKinnser hires great people who all bring something to the table. The camaraderie among most departments is very tight and the company has always had an open-door policy that fosters open communication.

ConsThe Technical Support Department, the largest department within the company, may as well be a different company. Not only is it isolated from the rest of the company departments by several floors, it's also such an understaffed and overwhelmed department that its employees are too tightly scheduled and overworked to partake of many of the company's team building and social events. The staff in this department have an entirely different experience working for this company than everyone else.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake the necessary steps sooner rather than later to better staff your Technical Support Department and train its managers in order to make it a more rewarding work environment before turnover becomes a chronic issue.

The people are what make Kinnser such a great place to work.

Marketing Coordinator (Current Employee)

I have been working at Kinnser Software full-time for less than a year

ProsThe people are always happy and helpful. They make it fun to come to work everyday. It's a company where every voice is heard and whether you're an intern or an executive they take your input into consideration.

ConsSometimes it can be difficult to get things done quickly due to political processes.

Advice to Senior ManagementWith the tremendous growth Kinnser continues to achieve, hold on to that 'startup' environment where every voice is heard.

Great place to work!

Tech Support (Current Employee)
Austin, TX

I have been working at Kinnser Software full-time for more than a year

ProsAll around Great place to work

ConsNone That I can think of.

Great place to work

I have been working at Kinnser Software full-time

ProsTrue team-based attitudes, really great people, very flat structure

ConsStretch goals take away from daily work

Advice to Senior ManagementReduce # of stretch goals

Not one day have I hated the idea of coming to work at Kinnser!

I have been working at Kinnser Software full-time

Prospleasant environment, internal growth, excellent culture, tech company with a mission of helping people, management for the most part truly care about success for the company and the employees as a whole.

Consa start-up company transitioning into a more corporate culture can have some challenges but brings with it some positives as well.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't let what makes Kinnser special ever change, keep the heart of this unique company alive even with continued growth!

A great place to work.

I have been working at Kinnser Software full-time for more than 3 years

ProsStrong leadership, big commitment to customer satisfaction, innovative development, positive culture. Over the last ten years tremendous growth has been managed very well by investing in top notch people in all departments. The facility is beautiful. Staff are given the right tools to get the job done. In software you can never rest, but you can have fun.

ConsThere's too much traffic during SXSW.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue with the rapid, yet disciplined development strategy. Let competitors overcomplicate the interface.

Awesome place to work!

I have been working at Kinnser Software full-time for less than a year

ProsGreat management, relaxed fun atmosphere, good benefits and great teams to work with. Hard work gets recognized by management. Kinnser really tries to work with you and make your work-life enjoyable.

ConsSince the company is on different floors of the building it is hard to know everyone. Working from home is not an option.

A great place to be an engineer!

I have been working at Kinnser Software

ProsKinnser Engineering has a great agile software development process and continues to modernize it's technology stack. I get to learn new things all of the time and play with some of the latest and greatest technologies like AngularJS!

ConsWorking with CMS.gov and other organizations who's technology we depend on but is out of our control.

Great place to work and the people are awesome

I have been working at Kinnser Software full-time for less than a year

ProsGet to work with many different department

ConsNone so far. Everyone is nice and willing to help.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to employee suggestions

Me and the CEO

Marketing & Strategy (Current Employee)

I have been working at Kinnser Software full-time for less than a year

ProsIt was my first week as a new hire; I was still drinking through the fire hose (favorite new hire pastime). I was in a meeting with the VP of Strategy, and a stranger pops in to tell a quick joke. This was my first impression of Kinnser President and CEO, Chris Hester.

Fast-forward to Friday. Chris joined one of our new hire meetings (he seems to have a knack for being aware of little details), and he made a point to meet each of us, learn our names, and officially welcome us to the company. It was there that he casually mentioned something I’ll never forget- his personal twist on the bus analogy.

He told us that what separates good companies from great companies is a lot like an adventurous bus ride. Often times, people panic when stormy weather hits the road or the driver needs to take a break. However, the way Kinnser runs should never change. “It doesn’t matter if someone gets off the bus or if we move seats on the bus. I truly believe we have the best approach to creating a successful business with the best people in place.”

Ten years ago, Chris noticed that a home health agency was losing money, sacrificing time, and desperately needing reorganization. He didn’t just build a product and expect people to buy it. He listened. That is what defines Kinnser’s success--the ability to understand a common pain point and resolve it correctly. Kinnser does not directly supervise the day-to-day care of millions of Americans, but their software empowers those who do.

--Wait, back to the bus…

Again, I was confused at the time, but Chris clarified. He was getting off the Kinnser bus for a few days himself because his wife was expecting their second child two days away!

Since then, I’ve realized just how good of a listener he is. Not just in regards to who I am and where I’m from, but how Chris listens and solves real world problems. So Chris, if this somehow gets to you - congratulations on your newborn son and thanks for making Kinnser a great place to work.

ConsYou may be working for various departments. Take this as an opportunity!

Advice to Senior ManagementConsistently ask for employee feedback.

Worked for Kinnser Software? Contribute to the Community!

Kinnser Software Videos

Kinnser Software – Why Work for Us?

Overview Our company was founded in 2003 to create software solutions that deliver clinical and business results to the home health industry. Today, Kinnser Software, Inc. is the fastest-growing software company in home… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Kinnser Software reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Kinnser Software CEO Christopher Hester . All 26 reviews posted anonymously by Kinnser Software employees.