Kinsley Power Systems

Kinsley Power Systems Reviews

Updated Jun 5, 2014

Kinsley Power Systems President David Kinsley

David Kinsley

I have been working for Kinsley Power Systems for just under a year.

ProsFamily run company with a strong sense of doing what is right. The management team is wonderful in my opinion. It is refreshing to work for a company that actually takes your ideas and suggestions into consideration and gives credit where credit is due. There are a lot of areas for growth within the company as long as you are willing to work hard to achieve your goals. I feel the hiring process is an intense one, with good reason; the management team takes into account not only your qualifications but your ability to make a good fit within the organization.

ConsSo far I do not have any cons to post, this is a great company to work for!

Advice to Senior ManagementI do feel as though middle management should be improved to help the overall success of all departments.

Centric company culture, with Increditable turn-over. In 5years over 55% of the organization has been turned over.

ProsAverage pay, no real incentive,car

ConsUnable to transfer 50 years of success in Connecticut to other operating areas. No real sales support-sales management hasn’t a clue how to sell. Will step over a dollar to pick up a nickel management style.
    If you like to have non sales people tell you how and where to sell - sign up with these guys.
    They have openings for everything from VP’s to clerks. Be prepared to wait while they dither to make a hiring decision. In the meantime a sales territory goes to the competition and you start from the begining
    They use people and throw them away

Advice to Senior ManagementGet a clue-buy a vowel

the so called inverted pyrmid as the president calls it

Prosthe tec's are some of the best that i have ever worked with there a groop of guys that are so far and few between that you would be hard pressed to be able to recrute a groop like them let alone have them walk in your door looking for a job

Consinverted pyrmid they say that the guys in the field are first and formost, but yet they are asked to be away from ther familes for days on end and expected to put the company before there familes. they work thankless hours some times 18 to 28 hrs straight they have countless mettings saying how much mony they bring in the millions in a year yet they cant even give a cost of living raise and no bonus. the only inverted pyrmid is the funnel right into the owners pocket. you want a company that will lie to your face. the owner of the company cant even operate his own generator

Advice to Senior Managementsadley you cant hold on to employes they are let go faster than you can bring them in the door be it there desire to leave or david finds a chumped up reason and lets you go i have never seen a company that has such a high turn over of employes.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Like working in a fast food store.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThanks to Kohler they have good products.

ConsPeople are treated as numbers not human beings; lack of training and vertical communication; pure selling environment; horrible communication between three sub departments; no one is taking responsibility; Loosing dozens of valuable employees every year- they claim they are looking for long term but fire people once they have been used up.

Advice to Senior ManagementNo interests.

Tough Challenges Lead To Great Rewards

ProsKinsley Power Systems is a great family owned business rapidly evolving from a small to mid sized company. The ever present growth in both the industry and the company itself leaves no shortage of daily challenges for everyone. The great part about Kinsley is how everyone's input and ideas are used in every solution implemented, fostering such a great team atmosphere. I would be remiss not to mention how Kinsley has the best people to work with as well! Overall there are many great opportunities everyday to make a difference at Kinsley Power, making for an exciting career with the company!

ConsFast paced growth and change is not for everyone, and that's okay. Along with all the challenges does come with some long hours and intense focus. Progressive thinking and planning is needed in all positions, which again is not for everyone.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue on the path of hiring the best people in the industry and complete staffing plans to maintain pace with the growth.

Excited about the future

Management (Current Employee)

ProsQuality employees
    Team environment
    Ability to make changes
    Company growth
    Positive Leadership
    The company demands that the right things be done and customer satisfaction is the key focus-this is a quality that not many companies have these days and it feels good to know we have that reputationand standard.

ConsGrowing Pains-wanting to keep the family feel with corporate leadership
    Training and support
    Focusing on business model statistics-not having time to manage the team
    Pay is good but does not match the responsibility

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on managing up through support and training. Revisit pay structure based on responsibility and volume.

Great Place to work with Great Potential

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) East Granby, CT

ProsGreat benefit package
    Visionary leaders that also roll up their sleeves and get dirty in the details
    Solid industry and market opportunity
    Fantastic reputation with customers and competitors alike
    Sophisticated and disciplined
    Ambitious to diversify and grow intelligently

ConsEvolving staff, topgrading can be disruptive
    Ambitions vs. the day to day workload
    Limited middle management reduces effectiveness of leadership team on strategic initiatives
    Customer base can be unruly and unfair with company associates, but play nice with execs

Advice to Senior ManagementStrengthen middle management to manage the key performance metrics and establish that base for a level for the lower players to aspire to be promoted to, and give leadership the bandwidth it needs to lead the strategic side. There's too much on your plate to be the leaders we think you can be in this business and in this industry.

Kinsley Power Systems

ProsKinsley Power Systems is by far one of the BEST career choices I’ve ever made! Throughout my career I’ve worked for both family owned & fortune 500 companies. In my opinion, Kinsley Power Systems offers the best of both worlds. It offers a family owned setting where employee matter, you’re not just a number and they demand a work life balance. However, with such outstanding talent within the company it runs like a fortune 500 companies providing its employees an exceptional benefits packet and perks.

This approach is just one of the reasons why Kinsley is such a solid, growing company. I would highly recommend Kinsley Power Systems.

ConsEverything is great so far.

My experienc at Kinsley Power Systems has been challenging and exciting within a growing yet very stable company

ProsKinsley Power Systems is a very stable company that is looking to grow. It is an employer that is focused on its employees and its success within a very opportunistic industry. It is a family-owned, family-run business that centers its management philosophy around family values and people. It has a nice corporate atmosphere with the talent and technologies to back it up while maintaining a small business, family feel.

ConsKinsley Power Systems is a company that is nearly 50 years old, but is still new in very many ways. It has a solid core business yet its focus on so many growth opportunities sometimes stretches its resources too thin.

Advice to Senior ManagementStay focused on your people. It may be wise to focus on only a few things at a time (internally and externally) and see them through to perfection.

Too much chaning in management, expects too much, poor professionalism

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood pay and benefits
    Company car
    Able to set your own schedule (for the most part)
    thats all I can come up with

ConsPoor training
    Poor upper management
    Micromanaging
    too many meetings, conference calls
    No communication between branches
    No real sales support
    Misguided and uninformed

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to take a better look at your market and help your employees more. When hiring upper management be sure your doing it for the right reasons (as a manager not a salesman with a managers title)

Worked for Kinsley Power Systems? Contribute to the Community!