www.kinsley-group.com

Updated October 23, 2014
3.4

Kinsley Power Systems President David Kinsley
David Kinsley

Growing company, great people!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in East Granby, CT

I have been working at Kinsley Power Systems full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Kinsley is a small family company and it shows. When I first started, there were not even nametags on the offices. Coming from a corporate envrionment, I found that great and an indicator that everyone knows one another, which is exactly the case. There are now names on all the offices to help new employees, but the phone list is still by first name! Kinsley is a company that has survived for 50 years, with the founder still coming into the office most days. It's a true success story and I love that about this company. Management isn't perfect, but I've yet to find a place where it is. I like working for a small company, where everyone works hard, but we also have fun! I really love the Halloween trick or treating with the local Kindercare children that we do every year. We also just recently had a 50th anniversary cruise on the CT River, which was a so much fun and a moving tribute to our founder. Overall, I'm happy with my decision to work for Kinsley.

Cons

Working for a small company that is growing can come with growing pains. There are many processes that could be improved upon to make the company run more efficiently.

Continue to preserve the small company culture...it is the foundation of the company and why people enjoy working for Kinsley.

Kinsley Power Systems Response

Nov 13, 2014Director, Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience with Kinsley! We are proud of the improvements that have been made and are consistently looking for feedback and suggestions on how to keep ... More

Centric company culture, with Increditable turn-over. In 5years over 55% of the organization has been turned over.

I have been working at Kinsley Power Systems full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Average pay, no real incentive,car

Cons

Unable to transfer 50 years of success in Connecticut to other operating areas. No real sales support-sales management hasn’t a clue how to sell. Will step over a dollar to pick up a nickel management style.
    If you like to have non sales people tell you how and where to sell - sign up with these guys.
    They have openings for everything from VP’s to clerks. Be prepared to wait while they dither to make a hiring decision. In the meantime a sales territory goes to the competition and you start from the begining
    They use people and throw them away

Get a clue-buy a vowel

the so called inverted pyrmid as the president calls it

I have been working at Kinsley Power Systems full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

the tec's are some of the best that i have ever worked with there a groop of guys that are so far and few between that you would be hard pressed to be able to recrute a groop like them let alone have them walk in your door looking for a job

Cons

inverted pyrmid they say that the guys in the field are first and formost, but yet they are asked to be away from ther familes for days on end and expected to put the company before there familes. they work thankless hours some times 18 to 28 hrs straight they have countless mettings saying how much mony they bring in the millions in a year yet they cant even give a cost of living raise and no bonus. the only inverted pyrmid is the funnel right into the owners pocket. you want a company that will lie to your face. the owner of the company cant even operate his own generator

sadley you cant hold on to employes they are let go faster than you can bring them in the door be it there desire to leave or david finds a chumped up reason and lets you go i have never seen a company that has such a high turn over of employes.

Like working in a fast food store.

I worked at Kinsley Power Systems full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Thanks to Kohler they have good products.

Cons

People are treated as numbers not human beings; lack of training and vertical communication; pure selling environment; horrible communication between three sub departments; no one is taking responsibility; Loosing dozens of valuable employees every year- they claim they are looking for long term but fire people once they have been used up.

No interests.

I have been working for Kinsley Power Systems for just under a year.

I have been working at Kinsley Power Systems full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Family run company with a strong sense of doing what is right. The management team is wonderful in my opinion. It is refreshing to work for a company that actually takes your ideas and suggestions into consideration and gives credit where credit is due. There are a lot of areas for growth within the company as long as you are willing to work hard to achieve your goals. I feel the hiring process is an intense one, with good reason; the management team takes into account not only your qualifications but your ability to make a good fit within the organization.

Cons

So far I do not have any cons to post, this is a great company to work for!

I do feel as though middle management should be improved to help the overall success of all departments.

Tough Challenges Lead To Great Rewards

I have been working at Kinsley Power Systems full-time

Pros

Kinsley Power Systems is a great family owned business rapidly evolving from a small to mid sized company. The ever present growth in both the industry and the company itself leaves no shortage of daily challenges for everyone. The great part about Kinsley is how everyone's input and ideas are used in every solution implemented, fostering such a great team atmosphere. I would be remiss not to mention how Kinsley has the best people to work with as well! Overall there are many great opportunities everyday to make a difference at Kinsley Power, making for an exciting career with the company!

Cons

Fast paced growth and change is not for everyone, and that's okay. Along with all the challenges does come with some long hours and intense focus. Progressive thinking and planning is needed in all positions, which again is not for everyone.

Continue on the path of hiring the best people in the industry and complete staffing plans to maintain pace with the growth.

Excited about the future

Current Employee - Management
    Current Employee - Management

I have been working at Kinsley Power Systems full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Quality employees
    Team environment
    Ability to make changes
    Company growth
    Positive Leadership
    The company demands that the right things be done and customer satisfaction is the key focus-this is a quality that not many companies have these days and it feels good to know we have that reputationand standard.

Cons

Growing Pains-wanting to keep the family feel with corporate leadership
    Training and support
    Focusing on business model statistics-not having time to manage the team
    Pay is good but does not match the responsibility

Focus on managing up through support and training. Revisit pay structure based on responsibility and volume.

Great Place to work with Great Potential

I have been working at Kinsley Power Systems

Pros

Great benefit package
    Visionary leaders that also roll up their sleeves and get dirty in the details
    Solid industry and market opportunity
    Fantastic reputation with customers and competitors alike
    Sophisticated and disciplined
    Ambitious to diversify and grow intelligently

Cons

Evolving staff, topgrading can be disruptive
    Ambitions vs. the day to day workload
    Limited middle management reduces effectiveness of leadership team on strategic initiatives
    Customer base can be unruly and unfair with company associates, but play nice with execs

Strengthen middle management to manage the key performance metrics and establish that base for a level for the lower players to aspire to be promoted to, and give leadership the bandwidth it needs to lead the strategic side. There's too much on your plate to be the leaders we think you can be in this business and in this industry.

I have been working at Kinsley Power Systems full-time

Pros

Kinsley Power Systems is by far one of the BEST career choices I’ve ever made! Throughout my career I’ve worked for both family owned & fortune 500 companies. In my opinion, Kinsley Power Systems offers the best of both worlds. It offers a family owned setting where employee matter, you’re not just a number and they demand a work life balance. However, with such outstanding talent within the company it runs like a fortune 500 companies providing its employees an exceptional benefits packet and perks.

This approach is just one of the reasons why Kinsley is such a solid, growing company. I would highly recommend Kinsley Power Systems.

Cons

Everything is great so far.

My experienc at Kinsley Power Systems has been challenging and exciting within a growing yet very stable company

I have been working at Kinsley Power Systems

Pros

Kinsley Power Systems is a very stable company that is looking to grow. It is an employer that is focused on its employees and its success within a very opportunistic industry. It is a family-owned, family-run business that centers its management philosophy around family values and people. It has a nice corporate atmosphere with the talent and technologies to back it up while maintaining a small business, family feel.

Cons

Kinsley Power Systems is a company that is nearly 50 years old, but is still new in very many ways. It has a solid core business yet its focus on so many growth opportunities sometimes stretches its resources too thin.

Stay focused on your people. It may be wise to focus on only a few things at a time (internally and externally) and see them through to perfection.

Kinsley Power Systems Photos