Kintera

Kintera Reviews

2.9

Rich LaBarbera

Start-up atmosphere, overall good

Pros

start-up atmosphere, nimble, move fast, smart teams with a lot of talents, close knit, overall good experiences

Cons

the founders didn't run the company well, financial situation got worse, ended up being acquired by a major competitor

Enter at your own risk

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Pros

I was promised a lot of things when I joined them as a manager and they delivered on almost none of it. As a result, I left within a short time.

Their main problems were nepotism and the fact that they hired professionals whose advice they almost always ignored even though they knew little about the area in which they were being advised.

The company that I left them for had 4 other people who were former Kintera employees.

Cons

Nepotism, ignorant management who don't use their employees expertise to improve the company and business.

Decent salary.

Headed in the right direction

Former Employee - Project Manager  in  San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Project Manager in San Diego, CA

Pros

Company has been sold, the best of the old and new seem to be in place now. The company offers stability and is positioned to focus on it's clients and the market, it appears that a lot of the people who really didn't understand the best way to achieve excellence are gone. I would definitely consider going back especially with the current economic climate, the team seems to have adopted the Blackbaud culture and most of the people seem happy that the Kintera Management pushed to move the integration forward. I would recommend it, I have heard it is radically different company than in the past.

Cons

Is History was a disaster, people worked horrendous hours under the founders, respect for people and clients was defined and rewarded in strange ways.

Stay focused on improving the processes and the team

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

It was stressful

Former Employee - Project Manager  in  San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Project Manager in San Diego, CA

Pros

It was always interesting. Staff worked well together in tough situations. At one point, the team work was amazing but nobody knew anything. We were all thrown in to support unhappy clients using software that didn't work very well. Thank God the other Project Managers were going through the same thing. It was the best support system.

Cons

Low morale, lots of stress. At one point, the team work was amazing but nobody knew anything. We were all thrown in to support unhappy clients using software that didn't work very well. I hated the feeling of not knowing when the company was going to fall apart. It was stressful.

Sell the company. Think more about the client's needs and give better customer service.

Kintera in the past

Former Employee - Product Manager  in  San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Product Manager in San Diego, CA

Pros

i met a lot of very talented people...most of which have since left the company.

Cons

When I was there exec management was terrible. They were never able to turn a profit, employees working every weekend and evenings was the norm.

most of the execs that caused issues have moved on. Rich has made many changes for the better

Worked for Kintera? Contribute to the Community!