Kirshenbaum Bond Senecal + Partners Reviews

Updated March 29, 2015
37 reviews filtered by
3.4
Lori Senecal

1. Opportunity to make your kbs+ experience a career changing one.

Current Employee - Account Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Account Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Kirshenbaum Bond Senecal + Partners

Pros

Great place to make your mark, grow your skills and senior leaders that care (from my experience). Entrepreneurship thrives and is appreciated here.

Cons

Lack of 'structure'. BUT this gives account managers the ability to run the account with their own styles and help shape the organization. So not really a con. Entrepreneurship thrives and is appreciated here.

2. Great agency with a fun culture.

Former Employee - Art Director in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Art Director in New York, NY

I worked at Kirshenbaum Bond Senecal + Partners full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great collaborative vibe. Some of the best people in the world work there. Office culture couldn't be better.

Cons

They're going through some turbulence with a change in management.

Spread the work around. Involve everyone. Get people excited and motivated again.

3. Good place to work if you can mentor yourself and don't need guidance or regular feedback.

Current Employee - Account Director in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Account Director in New York, NY

I have been working at Kirshenbaum Bond Senecal + Partners full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Some extremely smart people. A couple fun, 2-3 great clients. Especially engaged are the youngest employees. No lack of food and free alcohol parties. Good PR machine.

Cons

Leadership is unfocused. Style/substance out of balance. Dominated by a couple good accts. And a bunch of much lesser businesses that no one cares about. If you don't work on the good accts, you're out of luck. Extremely political. Don't understand sr. management shifts - and general lack of transparency.

Decide on a trajectory and still with it for more than 12-18 months.

5. great if you like cars

Former Intern - Intern
    Former Intern - Intern

I worked at Kirshenbaum Bond Senecal + Partners as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

nice culture, hours aren't too bad.

Cons

dominated by BMW. not a lot of chance as a junior writer to learn how to inhabit different voices if you're just writing swaggery BMW headlines.

expose interns to other clients if you want them to stay.

6. Rewarding work but not rewarding pay.

I worked at Kirshenbaum Bond Senecal + Partners full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Development team works on several fast paced projects. Good understanding initial project requirements. Standard Lamp Stack. Good place to start your career.

Cons

Advancement is title based more than salary based. It is an advertising company, owned by a larger group so don't expect tremendous company values. Be prepared for tons of change.

7. One of my favorite jobs

Former Employee - Creative in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Creative in New York, NY

I worked at Kirshenbaum Bond Senecal + Partners full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Smart people at all levels. Good culture. Opportunities to work on multiple accounts. Entrepreneurial spirit.

Cons

Formal feedback is hard to come by.

Keep it up. I really enjoyed my time here.

8. More than enough opportunity...but no one cares to take advantage of it.

Former Employee - Copywriter in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Copywriter in New York, NY

I worked at Kirshenbaum Bond Senecal + Partners

Pros

Major clients with major budgets.

Cons

Everyone just wants to coast and do what's comfortable. Taking risks are not rewarded. Far too corporate feeling to produce quality creative work.

Good Experience

Former Employee - Account Executive in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Account Executive in New York, NY

I worked at Kirshenbaum Bond Senecal + Partners full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Fun Work Environment. The people that work at KBSP were great: Smart, fun, and interesting. The company likes to promote from within which allowed for upward mobility. i found the direct supervisors to be supportive and interested in professional development and creating growth opportunities.

Cons

The hours were long, and the pay was below the industry standards. Work-life balance was sometimes difficult to achieve.

10. Innovative and arrogant

Former Intern - Copywriting Intern in New York, NY
    Former Intern - Copywriting Intern in New York, NY

I worked at Kirshenbaum Bond Senecal + Partners as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

As a summer copywriting intern I found kbs+ to be filled with interesting and talented coworkers. They pay well and have incredibly respected clients such as BMW, Boar's Head, Harman Kardon, and many others. Plus their agency culture fosters innovation and the many benefits they provide add to the self satisfaction of your work.

Cons

As a copywriting intern, there wasn't much guidance. I was introduced to a copywriter, creative director, and then my desk and that was that. I had to constantly beg for work to be thrown my way, and found myself dependent on coworkers who constantly verbally abused me as their subservient. Respected is not a word I would use to describe my experience.

Creative directors should take more of a mentor role to interns, instead of a copywriter who will see an intern as competition. They should check in to see how interns are feeling about their experience, and be open to hearing their thoughts. I also felt lied to by the creative recruiter who specifically told me "we hire nearly all of our interns, it all depends on open job opportunities, and we extend the ones we like". I kept being told that my internship would be extended and that I was doing an awesome job, and I was extended for a week but then found myself kicked to the curb with no explanation besides "financial reasons".

11. Depends on what you want...

Former Employee - Senior Manager in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Senior Manager in New York, NY

I worked at Kirshenbaum Bond Senecal + Partners full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I call this my bootcamp job - I learned a great deal in a short amount of time. The benefits were pretty comparable to similar-sized agencies.

Cons

Culturally, not the greatest. You can tell they are trying to really establish something there from a cultural standpoint, but seemingly unhappy staff make it hard to forge ahead.

Upper management should be nurturing the younger group more.

Kirshenbaum Bond Senecal + Partners Photos