Kirshenbaum Bond Senecal + Partners

Lori Senecal

Good Experience

Former Employee - Account Executive in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Account Executive in New York, NY

I worked at Kirshenbaum Bond Senecal + Partners full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Fun Work Environment. The people that work at KBSP were great: Smart, fun, and interesting. The company likes to promote from within which allowed for upward mobility. i found the direct supervisors to be supportive and interested in professional development and creating growth opportunities.

Cons

The hours were long, and the pay was below the industry standards. Work-life balance was sometimes difficult to achieve.

Innovative and arrogant

Former Employee - Copywriting Intern in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Copywriting Intern in New York, NY

I worked at Kirshenbaum Bond Senecal + Partners as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

As a summer copywriting intern I found kbs+ to be filled with interesting and talented coworkers. They pay well and have incredibly respected clients such as BMW, Boar's Head, Harman Kardon, and many others. Plus their agency culture fosters innovation and the many benefits they provide add to the self satisfaction of your work.

Cons

As a copywriting intern, there wasn't much guidance. I was introduced to a copywriter, creative director, and then my desk and that was that. I had to constantly beg for work to be thrown my way, and found myself dependent on coworkers who constantly verbally abused me as their subservient. Respected is not a word I would use to describe my experience.

Creative directors should take more of a mentor role to interns, instead of a copywriter who will see an intern as competition. They should check in to see how interns are feeling about their experience, and be open to hearing their thoughts. I also felt lied to by the creative recruiter who specifically told me "we hire nearly all of our interns, it all depends on open job opportunities, and we extend the ones we like". I kept being told that my internship would be extended and that I was doing an awesome job, and I was extended for a week but then found myself kicked to the curb with no explanation besides "financial reasons".

Depends on what you want...

Former Employee - Senior Manager in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Senior Manager in New York, NY

I worked at Kirshenbaum Bond Senecal + Partners full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I call this my bootcamp job - I learned a great deal in a short amount of time. The benefits were pretty comparable to similar-sized agencies.

Cons

Culturally, not the greatest. You can tell they are trying to really establish something there from a cultural standpoint, but seemingly unhappy staff make it hard to forge ahead.

Upper management should be nurturing the younger group more.

Great at mobilizing talent.

I have been working at Kirshenbaum Bond Senecal + Partners full-time

Pros

Someone else on here said it best...the lack of traditional structure at kbs+ means that if you take the initiative, you can pretty much do anything. They really know how to mobilize talent here, so even if your job description says you're supposed to be doing one thing, if they see that you're good at something else (and you want to be doing something else), they'll work with you to help you do it. Very laid-back environment - you can pretty much wear whatever you want and time off is flexible. There are a few bad apples in terms of ego/pretentiousness but even the jerks work hard and are super smart.

Cons

Like I said, there are a few egomaniacs, but at least they're good at their job.

Management is amazing. Very approachable and social-media friendly.

Meh.

Current Employee - Copywriter in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Copywriter in New York, NY

I have been working at Kirshenbaum Bond Senecal + Partners full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Work-life balance. Free bagel mondays.

Cons

Work is boring. No culture.

Invest in your talent.

Great People

I worked at Kirshenbaum Bond Senecal + Partners full-time

Pros

KBS is very fair in terms of salary, benefits, and working hours. There's a great work-life balance available here, for those who seek it. The atmosphere is relaxed, and the people are nice.

Cons

The work is not for everyone. Some might consider it "boring", depending which clients you work with. Like anywhere else, you must sell yourself and ask for what you want.

Good place to start your career

I have been working at Kirshenbaum Bond Senecal + Partners

Pros

The company is growing rapidly

Cons

Management is slow to promote

Solid mid-sized agency, with a fun culture.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Kirshenbaum Bond Senecal + Partners full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The most important thing to understand about KBS+ is that its lack of structure means you can advance as far as you want- if you are willing to take the initiative. There are many opportunities to expand your role, and KBS+ is trying to move in so many directions at once, there is probably an area where you can shine. The company is flexible with time off, and tries to keep the work environment fun and casual.

Cons

That same lack of structure can also be frustrating, since without an strongly defined process, a lot energy is expended reinventing the wheel for every client. team mates often have a stoic can-do attitude that translates into long hours.

The other reviews are fake

I worked at Kirshenbaum Bond Senecal + Partners

Pros

Close to Jacques Torres Chocolate

Cons

Imagine reporting to your overgrown mentally-challenged little sibling or cousin who is on an extreme power trip while feeling sorry for himself, and you might get an idea of what it's like to work here. Lots of clueless management with very little advertising experience.

Grow up and stop being the following things
    liars
    fake
    slimy
    bullies
    victim-like when you're bullies

Amazing People, Incredible Management

Former Employee - Web Developer in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Web Developer in New York, NY

I worked at Kirshenbaum Bond Senecal + Partners full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The people across all teams are very sharp, with great senses of humor, and full of brilliant ideas - across all departments! Projects were incredibly well-planned, teamwork was incredibly well coordinated, pay and benefits were great, upward mobility was clear and possible. Most of all, you have face time with people from all levels and positions within the business, and they have a ton to teach and love to learn!

Cons

There are very few: occasional (expected) long days, but you are taken care of for your hard work from free taxi rides home to just general recognition from supervisors; projects can have short timelines and you have to be the kind of person who doesn't grow too attached to your work :)

Management at KBSP is incredible - they are open-minded; they have a deep understanding of all facets of the business, including even the smallest roles; they know when to ask questions if they need more specific knowledge (very important trait); they are great at acknowledging when you are putting in 110% percent. The only thing I could possibly say about management at KBSP is that they are such excellent people I wish there was a way to spend more time with them in a day!

Kirshenbaum Bond Senecal + Partners Photos