Kisco Senior Living Reviews

Andrew S. Kohlberg

1. Caring Staff

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Satellite Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Satellite Beach, FL

I have been working at Kisco Senior Living full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Lots of events to boost associate morale

Cons

Corporate is across the country in California.

Not a great place to grow

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Pros

The pay was somewhat competitive. Earlier management (2009-2010) management was positive.

Cons

Management was incompetent. They were all about cost cutting and had nary a care for their resident's (and worker's) satisfaction. Kisco sent a new E.D. into our facility who immediately required us to begin working during our clocked out breaks (wage theft). While she eventually "resigned" and we were compensated with retroactive pay it is shocking that corporate let this activity exist for as long as they did (and probably encouraged it to increase profit margins).

Advice to Management

Your employees are not disposable and neither are your residents. Brings humanity back to hospitality.

3. Home Office associate

Current Employee - Associate
    Current Employee - Associate

I have been working at Kisco Senior Living full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great culture at home office and all Kisco communities. This is a major accomplishment, given multiple locations. Kisco's Principles, Values and Beliefs makes the difference.

Cons

Like most great companies, must be patient to assimilate into the organization. However, a strong culture and family/ team like environment is not for everyone.

Advice to Management

Keep up the continuous improvement, as we can only get better.

5. Community Management Team

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kernersville, NC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kernersville, NC

I worked at Kisco Senior Living full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Awesome company that truly cares about and develops associates

Cons

N/a n/a n/a n/a n/a

6. A company that lives out its values

I have been working at Kisco Senior Living full-time

Pros

This is a great company to work for and the people make a huge difference. So many people care about the residents and each other. It's a genuinely warm and supportive place to work. The company invests in its associates and it willing to make improvements to the communities.

Cons

Decision making is more centered at the top at times and needs to be filtered to those who are responsible for the results.

Advice to Management

Stay focused on the key things and continue to invest in your people.

Anon

I worked at Kisco Senior Living full-time

Pros

the company's values are not "let's be a family", which as linkedin's CEO says is the biggest lie. they are more like "let's help the employee to be successful at home so that they can be successful at work"

Cons

there are no cons at this place. if i mention any cons, it would be like "they are too nice"

Advice to Management

keep up the amazing work. your system of values and goals are tremendous, and they are what keeps the company so competitive and well-liked.

8. Kisco walks the talk......

Current Employee - Operations in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Operations in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Kisco Senior Living full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Kisco Senior Living is a high integrity company that lives its values. In the four years I have been here, everything they told me when I joined the company has been demonstrated and more. Residents and associates alike are treated with respect and dignity. Performance is rewarded and there are career advancement opportunities if you work hard and are willing to go the extra mile. The quality of its people is reflected in the quality and care in their communities. This is a great place to find a career!

Cons

AS a forward thinking and innovative company, the pace of their ideas and creativity sometimes out pace their ability to execute. Need to do fewer things and do them really well - but what a great problem to have, vs. a company that is growing stagnant!

Advice to Management

Stay small, stay connected. Your genuine approach and honesty will always carry the day.

Services

Pros

If you are looking to settle for a job that offers no growth or appreciation then welcome to a paycheck.

Cons

Beware of the unsafe area, becoming ghetto like. The gates are not closed and secure like many of the other facilities. Company vehicles have been vandalized, as well as property and cars. All by neighborhood hoodlums. This is a repeating there that is not mentioned to residents and talked about or has been remedied.

Advice to Management

Lock the gates and hire security 24 hours. These people are paying good money and deserve safety above all.

Revolving Door-Always Changing

Former Employee - Salesperson in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Salesperson in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Kisco Senior Living full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Unfortunately the best things about the company are it reflected in this particular community-villa de San Antonio. This community has a constant revolving back door in regards to residents and staff. The again new ED does not reply to emails, follow through on scheduled visits and mentor ship is non existent. Consistency is nonexistent. It is a depressing place, staff is unhappy and residents are not happy. There isn't encouragement, praise or reward. The HR is highly unprofessional- actually I was told not to smile so much as to be perceived as fake. Seriously??? What are the pros? If you have a joy in working with the elderly this is not the place to be unless you want your love for seniors squashed. I have never seen such a mess of philosophy, standards, and attitudes as I did here. Interims even noticed how miserable it is here. Bottom line, this is not the place to be, or will you want to stay. They have too many issues.

Cons

Read Above- to name a few. The only pro was the food.

Advice to Management

As a Manager, it would help if there was communication. Instead of just letting an employee go for no reason, have a reason, and address it. Be in the business of building relationships. This community does not promote honesty, accountability or a passion for excellence. To have passion, one must have a heart-not here.

Kisco Senior Living Response

Jul 7, 2015 – VP of Human Resources

We strive to always listen to associates and be available to discuss their needs and concerns. Certainly in this case we did not appear to make you feel heard. We will review the situation at your ... More

11. Excellent Company!

I worked at Kisco Senior Living full-time

Pros

This is an excellent company. The management is very engaged and genuinely cares about the associates and the residents. The company operates very lean, but not mean. They are invested in longterm success. The company has strong principles, values, and beliefs and actually operates and acts based on these principles, values, and beliefs.

Cons

The only con that I can think of is also a pro - one must be flexible. Things change quickly and you need to be flexible.

Advice to Management

The management is one of the things I found truly exceptional about the company. They are engaged and truly care about doing the right thing. Collectively and individually they live and breathe the PVBs. Open and timely communication is a challenge in many companies; KSL continues to work hard at great communication at all levels. Keep moving forward - keep up the great work!

RSS Feed </> Embed