Kitchen Collection Reviews

Gregory H. Trepp

1. Positive for the most part

Former Employee - Assistant Manager
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager

I worked at Kitchen Collection part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great coworkers, pay was alright for a part time position, loved our products

Cons

hours were being cut more and more each month, upper level management was disrespectful and out of touch,

Listen to your employees and respect them, don't try to control them or act petty, you're not in the store everyday so you don't really know whats going on with day to day needs or operations. With the hour cuts I couldn't hold on to the job anymore and had to let go, it was hard to do because I loved the store I worked in. I worked very hard and was never thanked or offered any open store management positions at stores opening elsewhere. I worked as the store's assistant manager for two years without missing a day and only was offered a total of 50 cents for a raise during those two years.

2. Love it.

Current Employee - Third Key Manager in Evansville, IN
    Current Employee - Third Key Manager in Evansville, IN

I have been working at Kitchen Collection full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Meet amazing new friends, learned much about kitchen appliances, learned excellent customer service skills, management is understanding and incredibly caring, and average pay per position.

Cons

Not much room for growth in the company and not much time for personal space.

Overall a very enjoyable company to work for.

3. Great products and fun customers male working here enjoyable.

I have been working at Kitchen Collection

Pros

Most people like to cook, everyone likes eat! A good product line with new and exciting items arriving all the time.

Cons

Company is struggling. Constantly reducing hours puts undue stress on the management. As with most retail, upper management seems out of touch with the team on the front line. No gratitude for a job well done.

Thank your employees. A little appreciation goes a long way.

5. Room for improvement

I worked at Kitchen Collection

Pros

You are seldom micro-managed by your supervisor. Company seems flexible in trying to accommodate employee's personal needs. Your co-workers are friendly and helpful.

Cons

There are no medical benefits. The pay is low. The moral is low. You are usually under staffed and forced to work long hours. Upper management is out of touch with the stores and lower level corporate employees.

Happy employees are the key to a success. This company has lost site of that.

6. Alright

I have been working at Kitchen Collection

Pros

Discount on kitchen supplies. Learn different areas of business

Cons

7am truck days. No commission and not much room for growth.

7. Apply elsewhere!

I have been working at Kitchen Collection full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Wait, it's possible for there to be something good about this company? PSH.

Cons

Terrible experience working here. Hours are always getting cut. Always understaffed but you get cussed out because you are only one person and didn't get everything under the sun done. Low pay. Always working nights alone due to hours being cut but they lose money due to all the theft issues. Little to no room for advancement.

Try and be more into satisfying customers and thinking more like a "family owned business" instead of a money-hungry business.

Salesperson

I worked at Kitchen Collection part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Fun place to work if you like to cooking gadgets and appliances. You talk with the customers all day about cooking devices and techniques. Many of the gadgets are new to the customer so you get to teach them how the device will benefit their cooking experience.

Cons

Return policy for merchandise is lacking against those of rival companies. If I were going to spend any sizable amount of money on a product I would do so where I could return it to the store and not have to deal with the product warranty alone.

If economically feasible I would suggest updating the office technology, starting with newer computer hardware and updated intranet.

Customers are great.

I have been working at Kitchen Collection full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Nice atmosphere. It's like working in a small store.

Cons

You are forced to work alone due to payroll cuts. Now doing the work of 3 people for one salary. The amount of money they would pay having 2 people on is small compared to the loses they are sure to incur due to theft, aside from the safety issue of being alone at night. The buyers are clueless. Overstock of items that don't sell is "through the roof". we get huge trucks full of items we will NEVER sell and always out of items that we do. Frustrating dealing with home office who is out of touch with reality.

Why??? They never listen anyway.

Some great people to work with, but they expect a lot from their store managers.

I have been working at Kitchen Collection full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Easy atmosphere and allowed to run my store as i feel it needs run. Enjoy the customers and the product line.

Cons

Salaries are low for the the level of work expected. I made more running a store with lower volume, a third the size and with less hassles. Departments don't communicate with each other, fulfillment is a labor nightmare, low labor hours and LOTS of extra time and expectations for the salaried manager to put in without additional compensation or bonus. Regional manager doesn't return phone calls, hard to get answers. Health care was taken from everyone in Feb 2014. Very little work life balance.

Consistency, back up your store managers instead of heaping all the work on them.. cutting labor hours during the busiest time of the year, expecting 6 day work weeks and tons of extra time on salary with no bonus on incentives.

this WAS a great place to work

Former Employee - Store Manager in Westbrook, CT
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Westbrook, CT

I worked at Kitchen Collection full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

building relationships with coworkers and creating repete customers by being honest with them and treating them as you would like to be treated. Regional Managers were good to me,and just an e-mail or phone call away.

Cons

upper management's only focus was the bottom line in their opinion,cutout benifits,allocate fewer hours to stores,but still expect all tasks to be done on time and still give their version of customer service to each customer:get zip code,offer gadget of the month,offer add-ons. unreasonable warehouse shipments,price changes that are downloaded to pos that don't show up until the item is processed at checkout. Always issuesc with monthly ad changes(lack of sale items,signing errors,ect)

perhaps you should start looking at merchandise selection and quality of it. actually get out in the field and see for yourself what is happening, a one day visit does not tell the story. the field teams are not the only problem.