Kitchen Magic

Updated September 5, 2014
2.0

Brett Bacho
1 Rating

Good Family Owned Company, a little set in their ways.

I have been working at Kitchen Magic

Pros

Everyone knows each other and they treat employees as family. Many have been here a very long time so turn over is low. Customer service is outstanding.

Cons

Because the turn over is low the influx of new ideas is also low. Many are promoted from within so they haven't had a lot of outside experience with other companies that could help grow this one. Company is a little old fashioned in their processes.

At least take some advice from outside consultants and start direct deposit, and rethink rewarding long time employees with at least more vacation time or better benefits.

Company of "Bait -n- Switch" lots of talk but watch your contract!

Current Employee - Carpenter  in  Denville, NJ
    Current Employee - Carpenter in Denville, NJ

I have been working at Kitchen Magic as a contractor for more than 5 years

Pros

carpenters try their best to make due with materials

Cons

call the office with a problem and it is always the same question WILL THEY PAY ? The only way you get their attention is to not get payed !

LOL Quit putting money into a call center and try some better product

Kitchen Magic

Former Employee - Area Marketing Manager  in  Framingham, MA
    Former Employee - Area Marketing Manager in Framingham, MA

I worked at Kitchen Magic

Pros

Most of the people who work here are good people. The company also treats their customers pretty well. During the first year of working here I put about 45k miles on my car, and in the second year they did provide a company car (which was a billboard on wheels.) They provide a good product to the customers as well.

Cons

They don't contribute to health care for the first year and then after the first year they will pay half (which for a single person comes out to about $250 a month.) No matching 401k, no yearly raises, very little room for advancement. After one year of work you get one week paid vacation, and that's all you'll get for as long as you work there. I had asked for a review after my first year and all I got from them was "you're doing a good job so there's nothing we need to go over." The gas reimbursment program was horrible, they gave $.30 a mile after the first 30 miles of driving. They also display very little loyalty to their employees.

Treat your employees better. From my personal experience, there aren't very many employees who feel they are compensated for the hard work that they do. My co-workers were required to work weekends, holidays, and often had to put in 3-5 hours on a day off. All I would ask is to show a little bit more respect for an employee's personal time.

Worked for Kitchen Magic? Contribute to the Community!