Klein & Co. Corporate Housing Services

Employment Status

Reset
3.3
Jackie Harris

Such a great atmosphere, I would go back today...........

I worked at Klein & Co. Corporate Housing Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

When I worked there, it was really hard work but I liked it. There's no time to day dream since there was always something to do, but everyone was super nice. I was treated with respect and acknowledged for the extras I used to do. We were all very close and I still talk to a lot of the people that are still there. I don't like being bored at work and you'll never get bored there. The benefits were really great and I was able to start planning for my future.

Cons

There's not a lot of down time.

Advice to Management

I worked in an office outside of corporate so I remember starting with the company and feeling very detached at first from what was happening. You may want to find ways to include the outside offices a bit more, especially when they first start.

Great company... Management and training not so great...

Current Employee - Coordinator in Golden, CO
    Current Employee - Coordinator in Golden, CO

Pros

Work is busy, days go by quickly due to the amount of work. Not a dull moment, benefits. Inviting Co workers. President of the company is involved. Vales of the company are great. Rewarding to help people in need. Casual attire.

Cons

High work demand for little pay, expectations seem a little high from management. Training is a joke.... A lot of over your shoulder micro managing. I mentioned casual attire above though some employees take casual to a whole other level, there is casual and then there is I just woke up and came to work. The work is very stressful and they do reiterate that when you interview, but I felt set up to fail. I never received proper training but expected to do the job above and beyond in only a couple months. Needing time off is a joke to them, be prepared to feel as if you have no life, a family or get sick because none of that is allowed. 2 of my former coworkers had deaths in their family and one was made to feel like she may have no job when she returns and the other was refused the day off and had to come in after the funeral and do her 8 hours... I mean come on. We all have lives we get sick we have kids they get sick, but you are really made to feel terrible about having to take a day off. 4 sick days a year? I mean come on that's not reality. High high turn over rate and for this I always heard "they were not a good fit" A turnover rate this high is cause for concern and I wish the president of the company would look more into who is training it is a mess.... The training/management in this company is setting everyone up for failure. Which is eventually why I had to leave.

Advice to Management

Training definitely needs to addressed the current person doing all the training is the reason no one wants to stay.... I know you say you "value" your employees but I think looking into hiring an HR person would help that cause more. Having to go to management with HR issue does not make for a cohesive work environment.

Dec 8, 2014 – President

Thank you for submitting your review. At Klein & Co. we are continually thinking of new ways that we can improve as a company and we appreciate your feedback. Our training program is evolving and ... More

Give up your life for 12$/Hr

I worked at Klein & Co. Corporate Housing Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Casual attire, health insurance, some holidays off.

Cons

This is a great company to work for if you like being talked down to constantly and don't have any kind of life outside of the office. Personal issues aside, what would you think of a company that sees roughly a 50% turnover in 2 departments that are highly essential to the business? Any rational person would say that's a problem. The workload and expectation of service is asinine for what they're paying. Also, your position isn't going anywhere, this is a dead end job. If you work for Wendy's for a year, you have the possibility to at least become a manager. That being said, go ahead and apply if you like being treated like a child, working a lot of overtime at the drop of a hat, have zero ambition for this to become a career, but are willing to put yourself through it for health insurance.

Advice to Management

Get an HR person. Talking to managers only furthers problems and creates animosity. No matter what the situation is, it's always made to be the employees fault. Train for more than two weeks or have someone who isn't getting interrupted every 15 minutes train employees.

It was like joining a family when I was hired at Klein & Co.

Former Employee - Account Manager in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Dallas, TX

I worked at Klein & Co. Corporate Housing Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great leadership from the President of the company to the Administrative Clerk and the corporate culture was outstanding and unified! The travel experience that was afforded to me was great!

Cons

If I have to think of a Con it would have to be that the Sales team could not travel enough to their territories.

Advice to Management

My time at Klein & Co was one of the most rewarding experiences I have ever had. I felt like I was part of a family the moment I was hired. The Sales Manager was an important part of my development in my everyday life at Klein & Co. She was only a phone call away and was always available. She ensured the everybody on the team felt "important" and "motivated". She was a true leader in every sense of the word. The President of the company called you personally to congratulate you on a great task. This is just another reason why Klein & Co is a great place to work. I will never forget my time at Klein & Co. I would highly recommend anyone that has a can-do attitude to join this exciting , growing family.

Jun 2, 2014 – President

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. I appreciate both the positive feedback and the comment on the sales travel. I appreciate your time with Klein & Co. and the management team ... More

Extreme stress for minimal pay

Former Employee - Relocation Coordinator in Golden, CO

I worked at Klein & Co. Corporate Housing Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Casual attire, some nice co-workers

Cons

Low wages, extreme stress & constant pressure to take more client files than you can possibly keep up with. Rediculous expectations to perform.

Advice to Management

Communicate more with the employees rather than the assistant managers. The assistant managers like to use their position of power to 'control' and micro-manage the employees who could achieve so much more from a little support and leadership. The assistant managers also tend to take on more than they seem to be able to handle and despite this, they also do all the training which is chaotic and confusing at times with constant interruptions from other undertrained employees.

Jun 2, 2014 – President

I appreciate your response and am very sorry that this was your experience. Hearing feedback in hindsight is never easy and I wish your frustrations could have been resolved while you were employed ... More

Current Employee - Relocation Coordinator in Golden, CO
    Current Employee - Relocation Coordinator in Golden, CO

I have been working at Klein & Co. Corporate Housing Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I really like my coworkers and have made some permanent friends. I enjoy helping the customers to find a place to live.

Cons

The customers can be pretty mean when they don't get what they want from the insurance companies. but I do understand they are going through a bad time and are stressed.

Advice to Management

It has helped me see how fast the company is growing when you let us know how many customers we have each month. I like that you are open to what employees say. I would like more training on working with customers who are stressed and take it out on us.

Jun 2, 2014 – President

Thank you for submitting your review. Your feedback is important to both myself and the management team. We will take your suggestion on training to heart and will enhance our training program to ... More

Klein & Co is a good place to get experience in a stressful atmosphere

Former Employee - Coordinator in Golden Glades, FL
    Former Employee - Coordinator in Golden Glades, FL

I worked at Klein & Co. Corporate Housing Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The ability to work remotely if you need to even if you are within office distance. The office staff was always kind to work with. And, the general overall consensus with employees is to succeed.

Cons

There is an extremely high turnover rate due to the stress put on you by management to perform at impossible levels. The pay is not great at all for the duties asked. Management expects you to go above and beyond yet they do not reward with any perks. When you do something wrong; you are picked apart. There is no HR manager and so you feel like there is no one to go to.

Advice to Management

There is some condescending and rudeness from sales managers and assistant sales managers. They can come off as inconsiderate and degrading. I would advise the managers to stop micromanaging and have a little bit of faith in their employees. They spend so much time training and then don't trust that the employee can handle the workload. Also, I've heard from managers about people's personal lives and that's not the best feeling to know you are being trusted with someone's information as they can easily share your information. Overall, I think there should be an HR manager for neutral conversations,

Great work environment.

Current Employee - Sales Assistant
    Current Employee - Sales Assistant

Pros

I have had a very positive experience working in the sales department for about one year. I do a lot of administrative tasks for the account reps and the sales team manager and everyone is always very appreciative of even the smallest things I do for them. It makes my work days a lot easier. The management always makes themselves available for any questions or concerns even with their extremely busy workloads. I am lucky enough to work in my home and at my manager’s home office and telecommute. Although I have not met a lot of my coworkers in the main office they are always very friendly and helpful with anything I need from them. The owner of the company offers a wonderful health insurance and 401k plan to all full time employees. I’ve never had such great benefits working with any other company.

Cons

Because I work in a satellite office and the company is growing so rapidly it is hard for me to pinpoint what my other coworker’s jobs entail without checking an organizational chart. This sometimes makes transferring calls to the right department difficult, but when I call the main office I can always find someone eager to help direct me to the right person.

Jun 2, 2014 – President

Thank you for your feedback. Your input in what is appealing about working for Klein & Co. as well as the suggestion for more details on the responsibilities of each employee is very helpful to both ... More

Great Company!

I worked at Klein & Co. Corporate Housing Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I worked for the Sales Department for approximately 2 years and had a positive experience. if you do your job, it's a great place to work. If you don't do your job, it gets noticed pretty quickly by management. Take my advice and go above and beyond what you were hired for. If you do, you're treated like royalty. The job is pretty flexible and the benefits were great, especially for a smaller company.

Cons

The clients can be very challenging. Some will call after hours and it's sometimes hard to find balance between work and home. By answering your phone, you're keeping clients happy, but taking time away from your personal life.

Great company to work for!

Former Employee - Relocation Coordinator in Golden, CO

I worked at Klein & Co. Corporate Housing Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The company has a family atmosphere and rewards its employees. A few employees were able to bring dogs into the office and we were allowed to wear casual clothing. The managers really do show their appreciation when someone goes above and beyond. Several years ago employees and a guest were taken to St. Thomas for a long weekend. When an opportunity came up to move into a higher position, I was promoted. I left when an opportunity came up to return to a career using my degree but miss everyone at Klein and company. Its a great group of people.

Cons

The work was stressful due to the nature of the business. Its clients are people in a stressful situation who don't always understand all of the hard work that goes on behind the scenes. It can be hard sometimes to leave that at work.

Oct 7, 2013 – President

I appreciate that you took the time to review our company. The feedback on the stress that your position brought is important. We will take a look at what we can do to assist our employees in ... More

RSS Feed </> Embed