Klick Reviews

86 reviews filtered by
3.6
Klick CEO Leerom Segal
Leerom Segal

Pros
  • If you get it and you want to do great work with smart people this is the place for you (in 9 reviews)

• Free ice cream (although pretty ironic given the company's health focus) (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • Management will tell you they truly value work-life balance, and their people are their (in 6 reviews)

• Regular long hours and overtime is a reality of working here (in 6 reviews)

Smart people, smart systems, tough industry

I have been working at Klick full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company is dedicated to the "relentless pursuit of awesome." In many ways, it shows, especially in the caliber of people and the continuous optimization and experimentation with process and technology.

Cons

Professional services is a tough business that's hard to scale. Klick does its best to hire smart people and layer in smart processes and technologies to help. But, despite the best intentions, clients are slippery and you're only ever as good as your last project. Desire (actually, need, as it's essential) to please clients results in tremendous pressure on employees and creates a culture of workaholism. Drive for double-digit growth creates many opportunities but can also lead people to solutions that aren't best in the long-term.

Advice to Management

Invest in product development, but through a separate business unit as otherwise services will always come first. Set a target for achieving a certain percentage of revenue from products by a certain deadline. Set a maximum as well as the current minimum billable utilization to send a clear message that workaholism is just as bad as lack of productivity (it ultimately leads to burnout, quitting and declining effectiveness). Increase dedication to real work-life balance—less partying, more concierge-type services.

Awesome - I'm really good at what I do and I'm NOT good at politics - That's OK here.

Current Employee - Client Services in Princeton, NJ
    Current Employee - Client Services in Princeton, NJ

I have been working at Klick full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I'm used to being the one to drag all of my colleagues up hill with me but I'm running in a crowd of really strong folks here. I didn't always fit in at other places but here I like up nicely with the team mentality.

Cons

I know I fit well here but it's not for everyone. The culture is pretty clear here and if you're note a great fit then you won't love the experience.

Advice to Management

I've got cronies in Jersey, Philly and Chicago that all want to make a move after that Ice Cream Truck Recruiting move - you guys should move quickly to hire people up!

Good place to work

Former Contractor - Designer in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Former Contractor - Designer in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I worked at Klick as a contractor

Pros

The office is quite nice, the people are pretty nice too.
    What I worked on was ok, quite fast paced but not really too hard.
    The compensation was great.

Cons

No cons really, would have liked to work there longer.
    The people who worked there permanently seemed to do a fair bit of overtime.

Advice to Management

Thank you for actually paying designers a fair and competitive salary for their work. A lot of companies do not.

5. Great experience

I have been working at Klick full-time

Pros

The company treats its employees very well. Seven years in a row they've won an award for best managed company and I believe a lot of that is because of their philosophy that good work from smart people is an asset you have work hard at retaining.

Cons

It's an agency which means keeping clients happy by over delivering and exceeding expectations is critical to the sustainability of the companies success. This in turn means high expectations are set on the employees to deliver exceptional quality work at all times even if it means burning the midnight oil from time to time.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. It's working.

Sad

I have been working at Klick full-time

Pros

This is what it must feel to work in a sweat shop in India. Free ice cream and booze is the only plus I can think of

Cons

Where do I begin. Have only been here a few months but I have seen people break down n cry. They fire people who speak up idk how much longer I will stay. The culture folks r the worse - they are the Klick Gustopo - zero work life balance this is all about padding the pockets of an eve enteric playboy ceo and his boy toys

The environment is incredible. So fun!

Former Employee - Executive Assistant to the Chief Executive Officer 2008-2009 in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I worked at Klick full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people who work there are amazing, you get to play video games, they have amazing parties and it's a fun work environment.

Cons

The CEO is too impulsive, resulting in a lot of turn over.

Advice to Management

No comment

Great place to work with some of the best in the business!

I have been working at Klick

Pros

- amazing culture
    - meaningful work
    - ample growth opportunities
    - Owners care about their people
    - Extravaggant company events (especially Holiday party)
    - Company gives back to the community
    - Innovative
    - Open to change and it can even come from employees not just owners and Sr managers. Anyone can speak up and make a difference.
    - Great client relationships, treated as partners and not agency for our clients.
    - Stable pipeline

Cons

- Not really a con, just a fact... high velocity environment is not suitable for everyone. Shows very quickly too.
    - Onboarding takes some time

Great environment and great people!

Current Employee - Recruitment Coordinator in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Recruitment Coordinator in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Klick

Pros

-Perks are amazing, lunch and learns, in office gym, fitness classes, concierge tavern fridays, pizza wednesdays, constant company events. Keeps work interesting.
    - Compensation is fair. When discussing your employment, the hiring managers take your previous work into consideration and discuss salary with you rather then limit it to a strict range.
    - Great people. You can tell people enjoy going to work an doing there job.
    - Company truly cares about it's employees. Added in the perks. They try to make it so that you are always engaged and satisfied.
    - Intranet system is great. Genome is state of the art and makes work and collaboration a lot easier
    - Growing super rapidly, so lots of room for advancement and movement within the company

Cons

- The on boarding is a work in progress. In the past people mostly learn on the go which is alright, but some more time focused on the training process would be nice. Klick is taking steps on improving this process though.
    - While Genome is great, there are some minor issues that do pop up. But the genome team is very responsive and always looking to make improvements. There ability to take recommendations from us non developers and turn them into reality is second to none.
    - If you want a 9 - 5 and go home job than this is not for you. Many people stay late, but more a testament to peoples passion for their work. Concierge dinners for those who stay late helps.

Advice to Management

Amazing company that is always looking to push boundaries. Working on some of the smaller things like on boarding could do wonders for cultivating people into the culture.

Great company + great compensation

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Klick full-time

Pros

Overall Klick Health has been a fantastic company to work for. It is a work hard / play hard environment WITH work/life balance which is often hard to find, especially in an agency setting. They also compensate quite well, and you feel valued for the work that you are putting in.

I work with some of the most intelligent people I have ever worked with before. Everyone seems to be open to collaboration and there is a strong entrepreneurial spirit here.

The list of perks can go on and on including: Pizza days, unlimited ice cream, pop, snacks, in-office bar, gym, classes, lunch and learns, awesome events, etc!

Cons

For me this isn't really viewed as a "con", however some may see it as one. Our internal system here (Genome) is super intuitive and data driven. It tracks everything from the time you arrive/ leave the office, individual tasks, expenses, vacation, etc. It basically enables people to take accountability for their work. Because of this, there is no room to hide or coast by, which can often happen within a larger organization. You end up working with people who take are working hard just as you are. So, if you aren't willing to put in the work its only a (short) matter of time until others start to catch on. If you're a smart and hardworking individual you should excel.

Best place I've ever worked. Challenging, and worth it

Current Employee - Project Manager in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Klick full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Imagine taking the brightest people in every discipline and then being overly picky about personality fit. Full of hard-working and driven folks like most agencies, but the difference I've found here is how genuine and sympathetic they also are. There's all the typical agency life stuff (open bar parties, constant food at the office, recognition for hard work and projects complete). Also, your benefits are completely paid for by the company.

Cons

The upside to the constant growth is there's no limit on where you can go. The downside is that it comes with challenges. There's some inter-departmental communication issues that don't exist in smaller shops. I didn't get much of an on-boarding (here's your computer, try not to drown). Seems they're working on it though because the new people who joined my team got some training. The other thing is there's been a couple times when we've been overly stretched for weeks because our workload outgrew our team size. It's hard to find the right people when the company grows so fast.

Advice to Management

Make sure that SMEs are not arbitrarily promoted to management roles without leadership skills. Otherwise, I don't have much to say because I think you're doing it right.

Klick Response

Mar 4, 2015

Thank you for your positive feedback; we hope Klick will continue to be the best place you've ever worked (in fact we're hoping you stay and grow here for a very, very long time!).

I want to