Klosterman Baking

1 Rating

Decent hours decent pay

Former Employee - Route Sales/Delivery in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Route Sales/Delivery in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Klosterman Baking full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I was hired on to run routes for the company, so I was paid an hourly rate regardless if the bread sold or not. Most people had to buy their routes and lost money most of the time.

Cons

If you buy a crap route, you're stuck. Their answer to you not selling is to try harder. They will rearrange your route and lump bad stores together to sell as routes so the company doesn't lose money, you will...only if you buy the routes though. If you are hourly the only CON I really had was not enough time being trained.

Share the wealth. Do not just put people in management roles just because they are family friends. Also share the wealth on routes. Support your route guys and go to their stores if they ask you to and try to sell for them. If they sell more, you will also make more.

Overall , the people the best asset but not appreciated.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Klosterman Baking

Pros

Allowed to work independently to achieve results. Fellow employees work hard . Employee benefits were good. Product quality was very good.

Cons

Good old boy network in play every day. Management plans a lot but never delivers on the promises. Employee expected work production not equal to what management thinks it achieves.