Klout

klout.com

Klout Reviews

Updated Jun 2, 2014

Joe Fernandez

Great culture and incredibly smart people

ProsWorking here has a ton of Perks. At Klout you get to discover new technologies, challenge the norm, work with intelligent people and get creative in your approach to your career.

ConsThe trajectory of the campaign is not always clear and doesn't always align with what you are told by middle management.

A very smart, hungry, and fast moving company

(Current Employee)

ProsYou'll get a chance to work with the smartest people in the tech space, be challenged with the hardest math and science problems in social, work with cutting edge open source software, and get a chance to datamine the largest and most valuable social dataset in the world.

ConsYou must be ready for this level of energy and pace. Previous startup experience should be a must.

great place to learn big data

Software Engineering (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

Prosgreat people to work with to learn big data

Consconsumer product is not clear

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Intern

Intern (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsTop-notch hires, great people & culture. A true startup experience with a vibrant intern community. Interns operate like full-time hires, tasked with key products, features & verticals.

ConsChanging internal priorities. Hope our work is utilized after the summer's over!

Advice to Senior ManagementThank you for a great experience!

It was both as fun and educational as I could have ever imagined work being, and my only fear is that I'll never

Sales Intern (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsAmazing work hard play hard culture. Great people and perks: free lunch, parties every friday, cool office, and always something new happening. The pace of growth was blistering.

ConsNot a whole of females might be the only con

Great minds, Great culture.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

Pros- Smart, passionate, and collaborative individuals
    - Array of professional experience, skills, and backgrounds
    - Encouraged to "do" and learn from mistakes
    - Provide clear constructive feedback/communication
    - Leadership opportunities
    - Work hard, play hard

Cons- Bandwidth, need more good help
    - Too many "cooks in the kitchen" at time to make a decision

Challenging, yet rewarding if you know what you want in your career. A tight-knit family.

Creative Director (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsVERY fast paced and environment, where quality of work, skill, and enthusiasm gets you to where you want to be. Slacking off and trying to get by doing the bare minimum won't fly here. Problem solving is valued, and execution is rapid. Klout's overall mission is admirable and fascinating.

ConsLots of work due to small teams, scope of projects is very grand, and timelines often very agressive so meeting goals is hard. Real commitment to Klout means letting other things in your life fall by the wayside. Lots of executive decisions are made with no input from the rest of the team.

Advice to Senior ManagementTrust the people you hire to make the right decisions. Keep making the company you want to make, not the one the investors tell you will make money.

Mixed bag

Senior Engineer (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsSmall company with fair chance on working with cool, new technologies. Rapid development pace.

ConsInexperience and ineffective management. Disrespectful treatment of many employees. Poor hiring decisions.

Advice to Senior ManagementShape up or ship out.

Worked for Klout? Contribute to the Community!