Klout Reviews

Reset
4.3
Joe Fernandez

1. Great culture

Pros

Amazing culture and smart team

Cons

No clear roadmap for team to execute on

2. Amazing company culture

I worked at Klout full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Worked with the best people around and everyone has got your backs no matter what. Kloutlaws stick together.

Cons

There's no cons to discuss, working there was the best!

3. Amazing people. Toxic management.

I worked at Klout full-time

Pros

Fun Pre-sale to Lithium, Klout was basically a high-functioning frat house. It's come down to earth a bit now. Amazing culture full of people who know how to hammer out work. We somehow executed well as a team, despite the fact that what we executed could loosely be described as "product strategy." Great Teammates Not going for drama, just truly never seen worse management. How SF billionaires thought this group was worthy of, and could manage their millions in investment is beyond me. We sold, but at what cost? Fear of layoffs, layoffs, hope of a massive sale, missed opportunities for massive sales, becoming a meme for Silicon Valley. But I've never had better coworkers. I don't know if we were any good at our jobs, but we tried harder than everyone around us and enjoyed almost every day. I have lifelong friends that I adore. I'm so grateful to have shared Pistol Whip Alley with them. Network A high-ranking exec told me they'd give me a recommendation to any company I wanted. I think that would have hurt my chances of being hired, so I left them off my resume. My coworkers told me they'd recommend me anywhere. I'd recommend them anywhere.

Cons

No vision. No communication. Little hope. Sold to a company that makes Klout boring, but at least gives it structure.

Advice to Management

Good luck.

5. Great culture and incredibly smart people

I have been working at Klout full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working here has a ton of Perks. At Klout you get to discover new technologies, challenge the norm, work with intelligent people and get creative in your approach to your career.

Cons

The trajectory of the campaign is not always clear and doesn't always align with what you are told by middle management.

6. A very smart, hungry, and fast moving company

I have been working at Klout full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You'll get a chance to work with the smartest people in the tech space, be challenged with the hardest math and science problems in social, work with cutting edge open source software, and get a chance to datamine the largest and most valuable social dataset in the world.

Cons

You must be ready for this level of energy and pace. Previous startup experience should be a must.

great place to learn big data

Current Employee - Software Engineering in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineering in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Klout full-time (More than a year)

Pros

great people to work with to learn big data

Cons

consumer product is not clear

8. Intern

Former Intern - Intern in San Francisco, CA
    Former Intern - Intern in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Klout as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Top-notch hires, great people & culture. A true startup experience with a vibrant intern community. Interns operate like full-time hires, tasked with key products, features & verticals.

Cons

Changing internal priorities. Hope our work is utilized after the summer's over!

Advice to Management

Thank you for a great experience!

9. It was both as fun and educational as I could have ever imagined work being, and my only fear is that I'll never

Former Intern - Sales Intern in San Francisco, CA
    Former Intern - Sales Intern in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Klout as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Amazing work hard play hard culture. Great people and perks: free lunch, parties every friday, cool office, and always something new happening. The pace of growth was blistering.

Cons

Not a whole of females might be the only con

10. Great minds, Great culture.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Klout full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Smart, passionate, and collaborative individuals - Array of professional experience, skills, and backgrounds - Encouraged to "do" and learn from mistakes - Provide clear constructive feedback/communication - Leadership opportunities - Work hard, play hard

Cons

- Bandwidth, need more good help - Too many "cooks in the kitchen" at time to make a decision

11. Challenging, yet rewarding if you know what you want in your career. A tight-knit family.

Current Employee - Creative Director in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Creative Director in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Klout full-time (More than a year)

Pros

VERY fast paced and environment, where quality of work, skill, and enthusiasm gets you to where you want to be. Slacking off and trying to get by doing the bare minimum won't fly here. Problem solving is valued, and execution is rapid. Klout's overall mission is admirable and fascinating.

Cons

Lots of work due to small teams, scope of projects is very grand, and timelines often very agressive so meeting goals is hard. Real commitment to Klout means letting other things in your life fall by the wayside. Lots of executive decisions are made with no input from the rest of the team.

Advice to Management

Trust the people you hire to make the right decisions. Keep making the company you want to make, not the one the investors tell you will make money.

RSS Feed </> Embed