Knetik Media

www.knetikmedia.com

Knetik Media Reviews

Shane Robinett

Fun and focused company developing wide array of media from gaming to video on demand and more.

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Altamonte Springs, FL

ProsLoose environment where work goes hand in hand with play, great opportunity to grow and expand your skills as well as work on interesting and unique properties. They have several different types of projects revolving around delivering media through the web.

ConsSometimes more work than we might know what to do with, but that's not necessarily a bad thing.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep growing, keep getting more projects, and allowing the employees to grow with it.

Jul 3, 2014Executive Assistant

Thank you for your input!

Working in young and challenging environment

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Orlando, FL

ProsYoung, Challenging, Interesting projects, Good opportunities to learn

ConsLots of work sometimes which is OK

Jul 3, 2014Executive Assistant

We're incredibly optimistic as well!

I look forward to my work week

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Longwood, FL

ProsGreat co-workers, caring employers, always new opportunities to learn and grow, and flexible work atmosphere

ConsCurrently none. Anything I've had to address that would be a 'con' was taken care of immediately.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue the great forward momentum.

Jul 3, 2014Executive Assistant

Glad you notified us of your 'con' and that it was taken care of - this is what we strive to accomplish with our employees. Quick turnaround and positive changes.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Life of a Software Engineer at an OTT Company

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Longwood, FL

ProsConstant new tech, new devices, exciting stuff, free food and caffeine

ConsLots of work, have to deal with arabic and english at times (don't have to translate).

Advice to Senior ManagementMore english clients please :)

Constructive and Educational

Web Developer (Former Employee) Longwood, FL

ProsThe company management is very generous and allowed me to continue my education while under employment, also when a personal matter arose they where more then generous with allowing me time off. The management was willing to listen to me make criticism about the company and policy and used it in a constructive manner to build and grow. The projects are often very exciting and deal with large structure such as clustered databases and servers this often made the process of development very educational. Also the developer team is often very supportive and willing to listen to all opinions and feedback on challenging problems that might arise.

ConsThe project managers where somewhat overbearing in obtaining and following deadlines, even if the deadline was outrageous. They often would not accept reasonable estimates and if given an estimate would immediately communicate that to the client as a deadline completely ignoring QA process.

Advice to Senior ManagementTell project managers to back off, plan ahead, and allow time for client and developer feedback, Also allow time for planning and to create the proper list of priorities, just because a client is upset does not make their project a drop everything emergency.

A good company to work with

Business Development (Current Employee) Longwood, FL

ProsNo Micro management, Peaceful work environment, Promptly recognizes achievements

ConsThere is not much to mention

A little out of touch with reality.

Web Developer (Former Employee) Longwood, FL

ProsRelaxed environment without a lot of micromanagement. Usually working on large and somewhat interesting projects, so at least its wasn't boring.

ConsA lot of time it seemed management had some very unrealistic expectations in the way they calculated project deadlines. Generally expect to work 70-80 hours a week, EVERY week. (and weekend, and be expected to answer emails at 3am) They also seem to have a very bad habit of NOT paying former employees what they're owed. Don't expect to receive anything after you leave.

Advice to Senior ManagementDevelop much better project management and time estimation skills. Just because a client throws money at you, it doesn't mean its feasible from a technical stand point.

Be careful, PHXX is a company that sucks

Web Designer & Developer (Former Employee) Orlando, FL

ProsThey will assign you jobs, so good for staying busy if you have lazy times.

ConsMany employees didn't get paid and left the company since the beginning of the company. So, please be careful before starting with PHXX.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou should be honest and pay to your employees. Stop giving false promises, please.

Big time 'hands on' experience with large and heavy traffic web sites.

Programmer (Former Employee)

ProsIn just couple years get to the experience point, most developers get in several years.
    Relaxed working atmosphere with flexible working hours and open door policy to access SEO for any questions or needs.

ConsMake projects planning more specific step by step.

Worked for Knetik Media? Contribute to the Community!