Knight Armaments

Be The First To
Add Photos

C. Reed Knight Jr.

Worst employer ever

Weapon Assembly II (Former Employee)
Titusville, FL

I worked at Knight Armaments full-time for more than a year

ProsFirearms assembly knowledge, fellow employees are as down-trodden as you will be if hired and offer sympathy.

ConsLow pay unless you are a friend of Reed Knight and land a management level position. Poor part quality offers lots of chances to do the same work twice. Good advice from the technicians with hands on knowledge is ignored. High turn-over rate so don't get to know anyone well. Don't ever expect a raise or to climb the company ladder. A promotion will probably not qualify for a raise.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake a difference or fall in behind all the other yes men. Treat your employees better. Work on parts scheduling and inspections. Pay your employees what they are worth so they want to stay.

A very backwards company

Titusville, FL

I have been working at Knight Armaments full-time for less than a year

ProsIf you have no experience, this is the place for you. This company loves to hire inexperienced people because they do not have to pay as much. They much prefer to hire two level 1 people and split the pay of a level 2 then hire one level 2 person that could offer a whole lot more. Get it and get out.

ConsLow pay, which is artificially low. You are not listened to, and you are punished when you share your knowledge. This is not advised, keep your head down. In 10 months, of the 300 people that worked there, in that time 300 people either quit or were fired and 300 were hired in. The turnover rate is bad here.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees.

A very negative work environment

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Knight Armaments

ProsTutition re-embursment, good coworkers that are very sympathetic and understanding as they are all in the same work environment too.

ConsVery poor leadership from the top down. Mr. Knights attitude seems to be "This is my company and I will do as I please." Very little regard fro how he treats employees. Hire people for their expertise and then disregards their opinion, but is quick to place blame when thing go wrong. Upper management is filled with cronies and friends that are not qualified for the positions they hold. They will not go against what Mr. Knight wants for fear of losing their spot on the gravy train. Mr. Knight's family comes from the citrus industry, and to him his employees are just pickers. Hires machinists, trains them, and then wonders why they leave when they can make $3-$4 more down the road.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to the experts you hire, suprisingly you will find they do know what they are talking about. Pay your workers the prevailing wage as you are supposed to be doing by your contracts. Those 2 things alone would turn around employee moral, improve quality, and reduce turnover. Senior management need to stop being "yes men" and take a stand when you are right.

Squandered Potential.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Knight Armaments

ProsPatriotism; you know your work is supporting the troops which can go a long way terms of motivation.

Pays the bills.

ConsLow wages.

Unstable work environment, direction changes daily at times.

Lack of respect and appreciation of employees.

Benefits packages are not as desirable as they may seem.

Advice to Senior ManagementIn Stephen R. Covey's "The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People", the seventh step is sharpening the saw; i.e., taking care of your investment so that it continues to produce for you. Sadly, this simple principle is somehow lost on Knight's. Employees are treated as a liability, rather than an investment

Worked for Knight Armaments? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Knight Armaments reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Knight Armaments CEO C. Reed Knight Jr. All reviews posted anonymously by Knight Armaments employees.