Kno

Add Photos

Osman Rashid

Kno knows it all

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Santa Clara, CA

ProsThe management is amazing. Yes I do work hard, and am learning so many new things. I have more responsibilities then I was originally hired for. However, this is a great learning opportunity for me, and I see advancement opportunities in this company in the future. Hard work does pay off here, and I've seen that on countless occasions.

The perks are definitely there to keep you at work, and my hours at work do cause me to miss the sunshine. I make the best of it though. I always go out during my break or lunch, and just walk around the building with the gorgeous scenery and wild life.

My bosses remind me to take my lunch and break, as I'm usually caught up in my work by my own doing.

ConsThe only thing that I do not currently like, is the uncertainty. This company is so dedicated to their customers, that if there's an issue with the app, or even one customer...They work through the night to get it fixed. So sometimes I do not know what my schedule will be, or if I will be needed for over time until the last second.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work. I'm loving all the recent promotions, and contractors becoming full time. It shows the company is still going strong.

Intense.

ProsThe managers are intelligent veterans from all the Fortune 100 companies, so you learn a lot and can generally trust their ability to lead you in the right direction. The pay is competitive, but be prepared to sacrifice everything you love in life for this job.

The work experience is sound, and a year at Kno is the equivalent of 2 or 3 years of experience at any other company. It makes sense given the long hours.

If you're just starting out in your career, or have a mediocre resume- take the job if you can make the sacrifice. However, if you're looking for a normal but stable job, keep looking.

The CEO is very intelligent, but too focused on maximizing productivity per employee. Unfortunately, buying Jamba Juice on Thursdays isn't "enough" to deal with the insane demands.

ConsThe "load" on any one person is probably equivalent to two or three full-time jobs at a normal company. There is far too much work on everyone's plate, mistakes happen, people get chewed out, and the result is stress and loathing.

On a typical day, you'll see about 70% of workers eating both lunch and dinner at their desk. While all this food is catered, this "setup" guarantees that you won't see a ray of sunshine throughout the day.

In a typical rush season, the CEO will request that all employees work 7 days a week (many end up working 21 days straight)- which is an enormous mental burden for anyone.

The combined pressure of the workload, stress, and sacrifice of all personal pleasure is demonstrated by 85% of the employees having worked there for one year or less (at the 3 year old startup).

Advice to Senior ManagementIt's very much a "guy culture". While this makes it more fun than a more 'balanced' company, it's also a very aggressive culture. Employees get shredded by overly aggressive managers for mistakes that occur- which are inevitable when you are working 80+ hours a week.

Never ever do this mistake

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Cluj-Napoca (Romania)

ProsOffers treats and game rooms, but you don't really get to use them since you are reprehended when taking breaks.

ConsMight seem like a good workplace at first, but then you realize that only the more important members of the company, such as the engineers, benefit of a laid back attitude from the manager. The rest of the employees were treated like slaves; the management never missed a chance to pinpoint the difference between some employees and others. Also, if you can't kiss a**, you don't get your contract extended or you're being mocked and made fun of. Not only this, the manager was incapable to make up with a schedule so you never knew when you had to go to work. You could never make plans because you were not allowed to have a life, but to be always available for work. Big sacrifices and low salaries. They make you work during week-ends, national holidays and night shifts. But what's the he icing on the cake is that they fire you in the middle of the night, without a reason, without a notice, regardless of the contract you signed. Glad I still don't work there.

Advice to Senior ManagementMay things in U.S be great but in Romania is a total lack of interest and respect for the employees. Maybe you should pay more attention to this detail.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Always running at 110%

ProsYou learn a lot and some of the managers are good to work with.
    I have learnt more here in the last come couple months than the last few years in the industry.

The Perks are sorta nice but this is nothing brag about when every start up in the bay has the same perks...

I guess it all depends on who your manager is and what team you work for.

ConsWAY too many family members and close friends of the Founders in the company who don't even come close to pulling their own weight...(This doesnot apply to everyone, some managers work 13hrs a day)

This learning is But with a huge cost... Kiss your time with family, wife and kids goodbye. Kinda of rough when you are running at 110% 365 days a year.

And they pay you below the market rate.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement has gotten better but there is still room for improvement.

Horrible and worst company to work for.

(Current Employee)

ProsProbably you will learn a lot because they make you work on weekends and late in to the nights.

ConsThe managers make employees work over time all the time (weekends and very late into the nights) round the year for salaries less than industry standards. Some employees are not even informed during the hiring process about the work environment they might be facing. Employees are forced to cancel their vacation plans for the bad planning of the management while the management and people related to the management go on vacation any time. Married employees could go to the brink or into divorce when working at this company. If you have a family, don't even bother applying at this company. Some Mangers are very bad. They harass on the phone thinking they don't leave any trial behind for a law suit. Some managers are good though. They advertise on their careers section: "Take time off as needed" but they will not let you take time off even when you really need it.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat employees with respect. Recognize that their employees are people with families. The slave days are gone. You have to pay for what you want. What is the point of working like crazy and end up with broken families and health problems?

Good environment, a lot of things which I learned

Ingestion Specialist (Current Employee) Cluj-Napoca (Romania)

Prosgreat people, good conditions of work, learning new stuff

Consnot for now, will be useful a raise

Worked for Kno? Contribute to the Community!