Knology

Updated Jun 13, 2014

Knology President, CEO, and Director Rodger L. Johnson

Rodger L. Johnson

8 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Was great... now not so great

Account Executive (Current Employee) Augusta, GA

Prosgreat products great people flexibility, great customers

Consreliability of services poor
    company not set up to support major accounts

Advice to Senior ManagementIf your reps are succeessful don't threaten their joobs
    manage thier strengths not weaknesses

Level 1 Tech Support

Level I Tech Support (Former Employee) Augusta, GA

ProsDecent pay rate and benefits, nice new facility, opportunity to earn commissions.

ConsMandatory overtime, inflexible scheduling, hectic work environment.

Decent benefits but insignificant pay and raises. Your wrist will be ready to fall off from constant typing.

Inside Sales (Former Employee) Augusta, GA

ProsIf you can read a script, you have found your home. Not a challenging job.

ConsPay is too low compared to competitor's pay scale. Benefits are not inexpensive. Moving up the ladder is very difficult. Everyone is more concerned about numbers than about people. Expect to have your lunch at 10:30 am. if you are a new employee. Not enough new computers for all the employees. People leave the company constantly.

Advice to Senior ManagementHappy employees are more productive and loyal employees.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great at first then rapidly downhill

Tech Support (Current Employee) Augusta, GA

ProsStarted out a nice place to work -- friendly, good pay, fun.

ConsRaises averaged less than 2%, only lip-service to listening to employee input.

Knology is a good stepping stone, but not much in the way of a career.

TSR (Former Employee) Augusta, GA

ProsImmediate managers and supervisors are excellent; benefits are very good; laid back atmosphere; great coworkers who are willing to help out.

ConsLow pay in comparison to average industry salaries; Knology hires externally instead of internally too often; very little room for upwards mobility.

Advice to Senior ManagementPeople work to make money and have the opportunity to advance their careers. If you are not going to do both, then at least focus on one. I enjoyed working at Knology, but it only took me one year to realize that I was not going to stay. When you have employees who have served Knology for 5 - 6 years, yet they are still in their same position, making only slightly more than those coming in the door, then you are not going to lose those who are looking for careers.

love the coworkers but the company is shaky

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Augusta, GA

ProsKnology has great employees, they work well around your schedule but this is only if u end up under a understanding sup or manager

ConsThe pay is not good, company has no loyalty to dedicated to employees, the benefits are not good either. Leadership is lacking

Advice to Senior Managementlocal call center management should be more hands on with employees and the day to day business of knology. This would boost moral

decent place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Augusta, GA

Prosdecent place to work, as long as you do your job well and stay out of any drama.

Conskeep your distance from local mangement, keep personal life seperate from work

Advice to Senior Managementrespect your employees more.

If you have any professional pride, don't even apply

Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee) Augusta, GA

Prosadequate insurance package, adequate work environment when the heating or air conditioning is actually working which is not guaranteed on any given day. Discount on service if you happen to live in one of the scattered service areas and don't mind the service interruptions.

ConsIncompetent management who are unresponsive and often abusive
    Non existent training, employees are expected to figure out issues and new procedures from one or two page handouts passed around with no feedback or hands on instruction.
    A Grading and promotion system geared toward rewarding those who do the least work .
    No reasonable system for granting time off, schedules are deliberately set up to prevent employees from having two consecutive days off and getting a Holiday off is impossible., entire months of the year are blocked out as no vacation times for regular employees.
    Substandard service provided by the Company results in extensive overwork for barely adequate compensation, many employees have to work 10 to 20 hours overtime to make a decent living with this company in an area where prices are generally low.
    No understanding by management of the need for personal or sick time, if you have to take a medical leave you will eventually be terminated for one reason or another when you return.Sick days are held against employees even with a valid doctors excuse.

I worked for this company for 3+ years and its is the only place I have ever worked that I would never under any circumstances return too.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement at this company is out of touch and it would help the company if that were to change
    Hiring Managers who have some clue as to what their job is and how to effectively motivate and manage people should be common sense for any business that expects to survive.

Worked for Knology? Contribute to the Community!