Knology Reviews

Updated June 13, 2014
2.6

Knology President, CEO, and Director Rodger L. Johnson
Rodger L. Johnson

It's a good company as it is small and still has the mom and pop feel.

Current Employee - Field Supervisor in Montgomery, AL
    Current Employee - Field Supervisor in Montgomery, AL

I have been working at Knology full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The benefits are good but the insurance sucks. Working conditions are as good as you could ask for in this industry.

Cons

The pay is low. The insurance plan could be a lot better. Budgeting process should be different. Leadership training should have more emphasis.

Give managers the autonomy to discipline/fire employees that are dragging down the morale by their lack of professionalism and not meeting expectations.

Knology is a good stepping stone, but not much in the way of a career.

Former Employee - TSR in Augusta, GA
    Former Employee - TSR in Augusta, GA

I worked at Knology

Pros

Immediate managers and supervisors are excellent; benefits are very good; laid back atmosphere; great coworkers who are willing to help out.

Cons

Low pay in comparison to average industry salaries; Knology hires externally instead of internally too often; very little room for upwards mobility.

People work to make money and have the opportunity to advance their careers. If you are not going to do both, then at least focus on one. I enjoyed working at Knology, but it only took me one year to realize that I was not going to stay. When you have employees who have served Knology for 5 - 6 years, yet they are still in their same position, making only slightly more than those coming in the door, then you are not going to lose those who are looking for careers.

Poor management and loyalty to employees.

Former Employee - Operations Department in West Point, GA
    Former Employee - Operations Department in West Point, GA

I worked at Knology

Pros

Flexible when it comes to family most of the time. Good people to work with in most departments. Small discount on service.

Cons

Long hours, poor management, no loyalty, no praise, low pay. Minimum senior support. Segregated groups that backstab or do anything to get ahead.

Rehire management or grow a pair. If you can't take care of your employee's you'll have hire temp people to replace well experience who would be faithful. Oh wait you're already doing that. Temp seems to be cheaper in the mind of some people.

love the coworkers but the company is shaky

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Augusta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Augusta, GA

I have been working at Knology

Pros

Knology has great employees, they work well around your schedule but this is only if u end up under a understanding sup or manager

Cons

The pay is not good, company has no loyalty to dedicated to employees, the benefits are not good either. Leadership is lacking

local call center management should be more hands on with employees and the day to day business of knology. This would boost moral

Learning

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Point, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Point, GA

I have been working at Knology

Pros

Multi business unit opportunities - hands on

Cons

Employee Compensation for work content

Initiate incentive programs

Avoid this company!!!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL

I have been working at Knology

Pros

Discount on Cable services. Nice uniforms.

Cons

Horrible pay. Laughable pay raises. Near impossible QC standards. Very expensive Ins. Very low emp moral. No chance for advancement. Vehicles are run down and falling apart.

Upper management needs to witness first hand the affects their policy changes have on their employees in the field. Make policy changes that directly affect an employee's earning potential known before these policies are implemented. Take problems and concerns more seriously. Treat employees as a person, not a number. We have families to support.

Run...Away...Very fast

Current Employee - Tech Support Representative in Sioux Falls, SD
    Current Employee - Tech Support Representative in Sioux Falls, SD

I have been working at Knology

Pros

Anyone can get hired there and unlimited overtime, management is always on site. Break rooms have ample seating and tv/internet available.

Cons

The pay at Knology is horrible. I could make the same or better flipping burgers. Career advancement is a joke there is nowhere to advance. The more work you do, and the more responsibilities you take on the less likely you are to get a decent raise or shot at a promotion. Front line management/supervisors only do what they absolutely have to in order to not get fired and make it through the day. mid level and upper management are mostly disconnected from what actually goes on and show no wish to change that. I have been with this company going on 4 years and I have gotten a TOTAL of $0.40 in raises since day one, and that is as a "top performer". If a customer asks to speak to a supervisor you will ALWAYS get push-back no matter who it is.

Start practicing what you preach in your values both INSIDE and OUTSIDE the building. Pay people what they are worth instead of what looks good on the bottom line and maybe you will make it up on not having to train loads of replacements.

Eh

Current Employee - Dsr in Charleston, SC
    Current Employee - Dsr in Charleston, SC

I have been working at Knology

Pros

Make your own hours...mostly
    good commision scale

Cons

No lead generation
    no commission before $1250

At one point was a great place to work

Current Employee - Service Technician in Huntsville, AL
    Current Employee - Service Technician in Huntsville, AL

I have been working at Knology

Pros

Plenty of hours, a fair wage paid to those who put forth effort. Company vehicles to drive home when you are a service tech or higher plus laptops. and phone to use as well. Most of your co workers are great people to be around. The company stays fairly up to date with technology. Mid level supervisors are great. The maintenance crew is top notch so you don't have to worry a lot about crappy signal to use at the customer premises.

Cons

Over the last year and a half the new management over install and service has been incompetent. You are asked to keep your repeats below %15 but given up to 15 jobs a day and expected to take your time on everyone of them. When the installation and service manager was taken on route with a service tech and the tech was so far behind he couldn't take a lunch, he had him drop him off to eat and pick him up the next job was done. If you are sent to repair a phone and a week later their house is hit by lightning and kills the modem you are considered at fault on your repeats. If you are sent to replace a remote, you are only given 15 min. to replace the remote, and if all the wiring is trashed you are expected to fix it, not the installer who won't do his job right, then you have to make it on time to your next job. It used to be a team oriented place to work but the new management over serv. and install has made it every man for himself. The worst part is that the general management is so clueless that it is the biggest joke in the office that he has no idea whats going on, and if you want to get the attention of the serv. and install management you can find them under the desk of general management. Oh yeah and most of the fleet is trash, maintenance cant keep 2 bucket trucks running for longer than a week.

Listen to your mid level supervisors and your long term employees. Get yourself an installation and service manager who has done service before, and a GM who knows what is going on I have been at there 4 years and see him every morning and he still doesn't know my name and keeps asking about my daughter...I have a son too , but I told him this every morning for the past 4 years

decent place to work

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Augusta, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Augusta, GA

I worked at Knology

Pros

decent place to work, as long as you do your job well and stay out of any drama.

Cons

keep your distance from local mangement, keep personal life seperate from work

respect your employees more.

Knology Photos

The guy in jeans needs to go
Don