Knott's Berry Farm Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
3.1
Matt Ouimet

Pros
  • You met great people great experience great first job (in 3 reviews)

• You get to go into the park for free anytime you want and get free tickets like once a year (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Pay is minimum wage and stays that way until (in 7 reviews)

• Looking for a part-time or full-time status (in 3 reviews)

Fun Place to Work

Former Employee - Security Officer
    Former Employee - Security Officer

I worked at Knott's Berry Farm

Pros

Very flexible schedule in security (Security's the only Department in the park working 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year). Can work 28-40 hours a week depending on availability. Security's pay range is a little higher than other entry-level departments. The job is different every day. You're not stuck in a single location doing the same thing over and over. You have freedom to patrol within your beat, and every call is different.

Cons

In Security you'll frequently be put in positions of risking your safety dealing with less than desirable people, and all for a relatively low wage (though the pay is higher than other entry-level park departments). You'll frequently have to deal with drunks, thieves, credit card fraud, scitzos, and just jerks in general. Though not a frequent occurrence by any means, we've had people pull weapons on us.

Advice to Management

Better pay. Everytime the minimum wage increases, our pay grade doesn't increase in proportion. Eventually, the department that defends your property will be making the same as the 16 year old kid picking up trash outside.

2. Ride Operator

Current Employee - Ride Operator in Fullerton, CA
    Current Employee - Ride Operator in Fullerton, CA

I have been working at Knott's Berry Farm part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great coworkers, a lot of hours, overtime, ability to move up. Free entrance to the park as well as free tickets and other benefits.

Cons

Management is guilty of nepotism, Punishments are harsh. Very little job security after making a mistake. A lot of hours, overtime, no life during summer.

Advice to Management

Be more prepared for summer, staff your rides so that people don't have to work 50 hour work weeks. Implement a more flexible discipline system.

3. Management

I worked at Knott's Berry Farm

Pros

Had a blast working at Knott's - people are great

Cons

Theme Park industry hours difficult - 24/7

5. Good place to get experience

Former Employee - Security Aid in Buena Park, CA
    Former Employee - Security Aid in Buena Park, CA

I worked at Knott's Berry Farm part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Knott's is a nice job to work at when you're going to school. They're fairly flexible and are willing to work around your school schedule. Lots of young people to work with so you can make a lot of friends.

Cons

A lot of people come and go. There are times when your supervisor can be pretty bad to work with. A lot of rules can depend on their mood. Upper management will at times breathe down supervisors necks, and then they take their frustration out on the employees below them. You will work holidays. Knott's only closes on Christmas.

Advice to Management

There was a lot of times where we would all get punished for the mistake one person made. It really hurts the morale of everyone working there and takes the fun out of being there.

6. Move on

I worked at Knott's Berry Farm

Pros

Free admission...except during Knotts Scary Farm

Cons

Long hours during Knotts Scary Farm

7. OK summer job

Former Employee - Ride Operator in Buena Park, CA
    Former Employee - Ride Operator in Buena Park, CA

I worked at Knott's Berry Farm part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Summer position for summer break between school years. Most newcomers were my age and fun to work with. Shift managers were good to work with for the most part.

Cons

Did not pay well and tasks were boring at times. I can't really complain though. It was a decent job.

Advice to Management

Better pay for promoted positions. I made like 8/hr and the shift manager only had a 50c pay raise if I remember correctly.

8. Great First Job

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ontario, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ontario, CA

I have been working at Knott's Berry Farm part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They are completely understandable to students. The most you have to work is during the weekends. Most of the people who work there are

Cons

A lot of the time the supervisors try to attend to your concerns but if you do not keep reminding them nothing will happen.

Advice to Management

Employees know more about the guest's likes better than management so listen to the employees

9. Fun & easy job

Former Employee - Guest Service Associate (Games Department) in Buena Park, CA
    Former Employee - Guest Service Associate (Games Department) in Buena Park, CA

I worked at Knott's Berry Farm part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Knott's was really fun. The overall environment is pretty relaxed. Co-workers usually hang out afterwork and it's really great if you're a younger kid just looking to make some extra cash on the side. I worked here starting in the summer going into my senior year through my first year of college. There's a lot of younger people too, so lot's of parties if you're into that. I had no drama and miss my days there! HALLOWEEN HAUNT WAS THE BEST!

Cons

Some of the people take the job too seriously and when you're making minimum wage it's pretty sad. People that've been there longer think they're so cool for being there so long but let's be honest, you're 30 and barely making over minimum wage, nothing cool about that. Also for some departments they're super strict, I was in games and I've had days where they wardrobe checked us twice in one day to make sure our uniforms were correct.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. I had a blast working there and made the most out of it. Just try and make sure everyone's well hydrated if they're working a position outside because I've had co-workers faint from heat stroke

10. Great place to work, only con is pay.

Current Employee - Ride Operator in Buena Park, CA
    Current Employee - Ride Operator in Buena Park, CA

I have been working at Knott's Berry Farm

Pros

Flexible Hours Friendly Coworkers Organized Scheduling Easy, Fun Work Great for Students

Cons

Minimum Wage Starting Pay Rate.

11. A jobs a job

Current Employee - Hostess and Cashier in Buena, CA
    Current Employee - Hostess and Cashier in Buena, CA

I have been working at Knott's Berry Farm part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It's a job that gives plenty of hours when their busy.

Cons

Management is pretty bad on every level. Hostile environment.

Advice to Management

Take better care of your employees and place of business and maybe your turnover rate wouldn't be so high and you wouldn't get so many complaints.

RSS Feed </> Embed