Knott's Berry Farm Reviews

Updated March 17, 2015
51 reviews filtered by
2.7
Matt Ouimet

Pros
  • A great place to meet new people, for the most part its a great "first job" to have (in 3 reviews)

• You get to go into the park for free anytime you want and get free tickets like once a year (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Pay is minimum wage and stays that way until (in 7 reviews)

• Looking for a part-time or full-time status (in 3 reviews)

1. Decent as a first job - Merchandise

Current Employee - Cashier
    Current Employee - Cashier

I have been working at Knott's Berry Farm

Pros

It's a job
    If you get your management to like you, they'll give you decent hours
    During slow seasons, (January - March, and November) they're very stingy with hours and allow zero overtime.

Cons

The whole company is very cliquish.
    If somebody doesn't like you, they will definitely try to get you in trouble every chance they get
    Almost no communication between upper management and people on the front line

Get to know your employees, people respond better when they can relate to you on a slightly personal, but still professional level. Acknowledge what your people are doing for you, and they'll always want to do better and make you look even better in Raffi's eyes.

2. Unfair was told sometimes doing the right thing isn't the right thing to do...what an idiot

I have been working at Knott's Berry Farm

Pros

Close to home. can't come with 5 pros but this dumb review won't let me submit unless i come up with (5) pros.

Cons

not enough hours, mgmt./supervisors have favorites, bad working conditions

The TV show UNDERCOVER BOSS really needs to do a show on this place. The Knott family would be turning in their graves. The Loss Prevention staff really got to get the sticks out of their anal cavities. If H.R. really knew what was going on. Really surprised that they haven't had harassment lawsuits. Their lower/entry level employees are the most honest hardworking employees that they have and not appreciated at all.

3. Great environment and good people to work around.

Former Employee - Park Attendant in Buena Park, CA
    Former Employee - Park Attendant in Buena Park, CA

I worked at Knott's Berry Farm part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great environment and great experience working around thousands of different people. Excellent hours if you work hard.

Cons

Hard to move up. Favoritism runs deep within departments and management can be unprofessional.

Managers need to get on level with their employees and recognize the things they do. There is a big difference between being professional and being a deushe. You want your employees to respect you and look up to you not hate you. Then maybe you wont get so many call ins. Oscar was the best team lead

Park services

Worst Job Experience

Former Employee - Food Service in Buena Park, CA
    Former Employee - Food Service in Buena Park, CA

I worked at Knott's Berry Farm part-time (less than a year)

Pros

The only benefit to working there was free tickets and entry into the park. Other than that, there wasn't much in terms of benefits but it's understandable for a food job.

Cons

I used to work at the Coasters restaurant. It was the first job I ever held and it was the worst. I worked in the front taking orders, bussing, sending out food, and stocking. Just general fast food employee stuff but my issue was that I was the only person ever doing anything out of the 7 employees that normally worked during my shift. Whenever things slowed down enough the lazy employees always went to the back room to hang out with the chefs and supervisors. There was a younger chef that always had an attitude whenever I asked for an order.

I left after a few months and right before they cracked down on the place. I got a little lucky because apparently all the employees were stealing from the place and they snitched on each other.

Keep a closer eye on the place. Fix the cameras watching the store. Fire employees sooner

6. Not bad for a short-term job

Former Employee - Entertainment Technician in Buena Park, CA
    Former Employee - Entertainment Technician in Buena Park, CA

I worked at Knott's Berry Farm

Pros

Perks like being in the park, cheap food, tickets for your friends, working Haunt. Not too crowded most of the time (unlike that other theme park close by)

Cons

The pay isn't great and there are no real long term career options. Possums, cats, roaches everywhere. No benefits when I worked there, but that may have changed with the new laws.

Value the people you have instead of just accepting the high turn over rate. Programs and opportunities for career growth could be mutually beneficial.

7. Working as street talent for Halloween Haunt was amazing

Former Contractor - Halloween Haunt Talent
    Former Contractor - Halloween Haunt Talent

I worked at Knott's Berry Farm as a contractor (more than 10 years)

Pros

Having a work experience that is unlike anything else- there are not many jobs out there where you get paid to scare people.

Cons

Low pay, tough hours but very worth it if performing as part of this group is something you want to do.

Was fun

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Buena Park, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Buena Park, CA

I worked at Knott's Berry Farm full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Lots of overtime during peak season. Met lots of new people

Cons

Crazy schedules. Management plays favorites.

Not a pleasant work experience

Former Employee - Guest Service Associate in Buena Park, CA
    Former Employee - Guest Service Associate in Buena Park, CA

I worked at Knott's Berry Farm full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Knott's employed mostly teenagers and young adults, making the work environment lively and exciting.
    They were a little more lax about length of breaks and lunches.

Cons

Horrible management, supervisors played favorites and threw people under the bus
    Worked in the foods department and the shop I worked in was a very unhealthy work environment

Worst summer of my life!

Former Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier/Food Service
    Former Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier/Food Service

I worked at Knott's Berry Farm part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Free admittance to the park

Cons

Bad pay, bad hours, Supervisors who exist only to yell, awful working conditions

all of your employees are human beings, treat them as such

11. Such a awesome place to work.

Former Employee - Busser in Buena Park, CA
    Former Employee - Busser in Buena Park, CA

I worked at Knott's Berry Farm

Pros

Free entry to soak city and Knotts, free tickets, discounts, etc

Cons

Not much hours during the school year, cafe not so good, employee parking, etc

you can be lead after a year and after another two years be superviser and after 4 to 6 years manager so it's kinda easy but super hard busy and responsibility.