Knowledge Learning

Be The First To
Add Photos

Knowledge Learning CEO Tom Wyatt

Tom Wyatt

Overall a good experience, but I don't feel that there are further opportunities for me

I have been working at Knowledge Learning full-time for more than 8 years

ProsAlthough working in the corporate offices is distancing from the company's true goals, it is nice knowing that we, through the thousands of teachers and center directors in the field, have the opportunity to positively impact so many children and families. It can be very rewarding work.

ConsDepending on the department, work life at KU can vary quite a lot. The senior management has been talking about working harder to retain talent and help people in their careers, but I have yet to see it.

Still has not recovered from merger.

Regional Manager (Former Employee)
Chicago, IL

I worked at Knowledge Learning full-time for more than 10 years

ProsMost of the people are friendly. Company is starting to put money back into schools.

ConsPoor benefits. Office culture is not trustworthy. Turnover is crazy.

Advice to Senior ManagementSpend more time in the field to have the real picture. Quit chasing Learning Care Group's philosophy.

There are much better companies out there. Keep looking.

Program Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Knowledge Learning full-time for more than 3 years

ProsBenefits, Locations, leaving, Finding a new position elsewhere.

ConsCrooked upper management, lack of proper training for direct staff, poor staff quality, disgraceful corporate practices that go unreported because of threatening management.

Advice to Senior ManagementFresh faces from the top down. You entered this business to improve the lives of children, however your crooked ways have turned many great staff against you.

Great company to work for

District Manager (Current Employee)
Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Knowledge Learning full-time for more than 8 years

ProsCompany respects and values work / life balance.

ConsContinual chnages of expecutive leadership. Focus changes weekly.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork the plan.

Corporate Headquarters - Highly political, low self esteem, and watch your back

IT Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Knowledge Learning full-time for more than 5 years

ProsOne of the benefits (at least used to be) is a discount on child care at one of their centers. So that can be a plus if there is a good center in your area and you have children.

ConsThis is an extremely political environment and definitely dog-eat-dog world. Even if you don't play politics, it will be hard to stay clear because the political players cannot conceive of anyone not playing their game. If you are with them, that's great while they need you. If you aren't with them (or you are not playing), be prepared to be a constant target.

Management practices can vary from those that follow some semblance of normalcy, to those who will do anything they please including withholding bonuses, bad reviews (however unsubstantiated), critical rebuffs when you don't agree with them, to outright insulting and critical comments to your face with a dozen witnesses. This is true among the upper management, as well.

Most employees won't speak up because they want to keep their jobs, so don't count on any support from the sidelines. Just keep your head down, try not to be noticed, smile when you can, and get out as soon as possible.

Bottom line, if you love politically charged environments where your accomplishments don't count for nearly as much as your backstabbing style, this is a great place to hone your skills.

If you don't thrive in a viciously political environment, -- don't bother applying.

If you do need the money right now, take the job but keep looking.

Churn and Burn mentality

Senior Business Analyst (Former Employee)

I worked at Knowledge Learning full-time for more than 5 years

ProsNon-Management employees are extremely hard working and serious minded about the business

ConsExecutives have little respect for their employees' time. Constantly changing projects, strategies, and work environments. Everything is reactive, and rushed; would be great if management was more proactive in their approach.

Advice to Senior ManagementRespect for their employees, consistency and a long term strategy would be appreciated. Poor decision making at the top, creates a lot of extra work and effort for everyone else. Please ask for 'real' input from your employees, instead of a few select 'yes' people. You will save a lot of money!

Concern for clients. Little concern for employees.

Teacher's Aide (Current Employee)
Chicago, IL

I have been working at Knowledge Learning full-time for more than a year

ProsExcellent curriculum. Strong safety measures.

ConsPoor teacher/student ratio. Little concern for employees. Lack of education and training for teachers' aids.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave managers or administrator walk through schools weekly.

Work at KLC.

Center Director (Former Employee)
Chatsworth, CA

I worked at Knowledge Learning full-time for more than a year

ProsThe best thing about this position was I was able to realize a long held dream to become a Director for this organization. It looked glamorous, important, fun from the outside, but in reality the work was very difficult.

ConsIt consisted of a daily balancing of time, staff, clients, officials, and tons of reports. No support from the district manager. The companies priorities are money, money, money , to the detriment of the only real important resource which are the people.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe honest with staff, people respect transparency. Team support is also very important.

Quite Possibly worse then going to prison.. At least inmates get some respect.

Anonymous Corporate Office Worker (Former Employee)

I worked at Knowledge Learning full-time for more than a year

ProsThe daycare benefits for my daughter were excellent, i got to use the services. Great Location, Great commute options. This is only in relation to the corporate office, not to any of the other locations out there. Some of the low level employees in the office were great.

ConsMy first few months i would vomit just a little bit from being so nervous about what a stupid thing i've done to take the position. It made my physically ill to deal with the irrational management at the company. They have very high turnover and quite a bit of contracting goes on. This is corporate cost cutting not quality, it really shows. Exceedingly political and egotistical. My pay was well below market rates, raises? No! Fair performance evaluation? No.

Advice to Senior ManagementFire yourselves, all of you, not a single one of you are worth

Churn and burn

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Knowledge Learning

ProsIf you're mediocre and like to stay under the radar, you'll do just fine and have a long career at KLC. Salaries are adjusted to market levels only after several people leave or threaten to leave.

ConsIf you like to change things and make suggestions for improvements, you'll be black-balled and quietly escorted out the door. Benefits are very poor.

Advice to Senior ManagementRespect employees a lot more to show that you actually care. Listen to their put because they know what is going on.

Worked for Knowledge Learning? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Knowledge Learning reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Knowledge Learning CEO Tom Wyatt. All 25 reviews posted anonymously by Knowledge Learning employees.