Knowledge Services

Knowledge Services Reviews

Be The First To
Add Photos

Joe Bielawski

The only thing they did was process the paycheck.

IT Consultant (Current Employee)
    Indianapolis, IN

ProsI got my paycheck on time.
    They took me out to lunch once.

ConsMy manager told me that my contract was extended. I asked the employees at Knowledge Services to follow up and make sure that the paperwork went though. I was shocked to find out that my manager's supervisors did not approve the contract and that my contract would end within a week. When I did not send in a timesheet Knowledge Services sent me an email reminder and had no clue about the status of the contract.
    I had to contact the office several times when my client's fiscal year was done and I needed the new billing code in the time keeping application. All the other contractors had the same issue. The lady in billing claimed that she had wanted us to put the previous hours in the old number but she never called us or sent us an email. It was up to me to contact her and not the other way around.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop having Q&A sessions. That does nothing for the contractors. I did not have questions. I wanted you to follow through on the requests to know the status of the contract and to update the time keeping system on time.

My management advice you ask? Cease to function.

Assessment Interviewer (Former Employee)

ProsA decent hour rate
    pier diem pay
    1 paid for lunch

ConsFirst off, I would like to say I went into this completely positive and excited to work in an entirely new field from what I was used to. I found the position online and applied for it as it promised a 3 month contract and a decent hourly, coupled with a bonus upon completion. On paper it sounded great. Everything listed on the application was confirmed by Knowledge Services team members that I spoke with on the phone, assuring me of the length of work and salary. Looking back, I wish I would have gotten it down in writing.
    The position called for people all over the state to interview residents of nursing homes in and around our local area. The company was nice enough to pay for a hotel room for us to stay at for training the next day, which consisted of a routine and boring slideshow for several hours and a having to sit through a few more hours of watching each of our classmates "roleplay" basically the same scenario over and over again. NO technical training was done in person. All issues of time submittals, payment delivery, required paperwork, and how to fill out that paperwork, were covered a week later on an over the phone conference call that had at least 20 people on the line. I went into the job with little but my own common sense, as everything we learned in "class" was things we would be forced to learn on the field and could probably have been covered in 30 minutes. A few days into our first assignment, we had discovered that our case manager had told us the completely wrong way to fill our the required paperwork, which ultimately led to the negation of an entire nursing home's worth of interviews. The manager failed to own up to his mistake, which would be the trend throughout my ill-fated endeavor with this directionless company. Time after time, I received the wrong information on my assignments and direction from an obviously overwhelmed and undertrained manager and the numbers that Knowledge Services projected were so unrealistic and off the mark that our work was done for nothing, as most of the elderly people we interviewed could not meet the cognitive requirements. Towards the end of the 3rd or 4th week I was contacted by my manager who informed me at first that he had no assignments for me the next week and to plan on "taking a few days off" as we had "exhausted all the nursing homes in my area". As I asked about the 3 month deal he had little answer, aside from technical babbling in circles. I had to basically beat it out of him for him to finally tell me that I should probably look for another job, which he did so apologetically and respectfully.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe company was a complete joke from everything to the pointless training seminar to the case managers that led us in the task. I can't decide if we were purposely guaranteed 3 months of work for a job that they knew would take 1 (maybe for some early completion bonus they would receive) or if the state pulled the plug on the thing realizing it was a doomed ship from the start. Either way, poorly managed, poorly executed, a frivolous waste government funds, and aside from a [very] few weeks of a decent paycheck, a complete waste of time. If the government contract that our state left in the hands of Knowledge Services is a reflection of how the rest of their business is carried out, don't expect them to be around for very long.

Horiible Staffing Company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Indianapolis, IN

ProsGot placed fast. Background check and drug test turnaround time was quick.

ConsThey are nice and friendly UNTIL they place you then they are the worst ever. You are only just a $ amount and not treated as an employee. They never checked in to see how assignments were going and they didnt care when people complained about the companies' they would just tell them to stick with it. They rarely responded to emails and wouldnt call back to see what someone wanted. And they pay the worst of all the staffing companies.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat the employees right because they are the ones that brings in the income.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Completely Dissatified

Project Coordinator (Current Employee)

ProsIn the beginning: quick response time and communicated a lot

ConsNo paid holidays or PTO in the first year.
    Not able to view payroll information online. Only through checkstub.
    Does not stay in contact with employees only if an issue arise that is initiated by you.
    Medical, Vision, Dental are limited.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou might not have problems getting employees but to keep them implement a few PTO hours. Reach out to employees that may not be local, just because they are out of sight do not mean they need to be out of mind!

Worked for Knowledge Services? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Knowledge Services reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Knowledge Services CEO Joe Bielawski. All reviews posted anonymously by Knowledge Services employees.