KnowledgePoint360 Group Reviews

• Any Status
Employment Status

Reset
CEO

1. In summary, I would recommend the company as an employer on the whole, but my specific job role left much to be desired.

Current Employee - Scientific and Healthcare Research Associate in Macclesfield, England (UK)

I have been working at KnowledgePoint360 Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Friendly, close-knit team; Great way to learn new IT skills, especially with regards to Excel and web searches; Company itself is a world-leader in its field. It is expanding, so a good bet for job stability and security. Offices are modern with kitchen areas on each floor and even a shower room and changing facilities; Good supervision and management. Respectful and never micro-managing, always encouraging questions, communication and feedback from new starters; Relatively varied remit of tasks and projects; In my position, 9-5 Monday-Friday is the norm. Very rarely have I been asked to work overtime; Informal work environment with a good social element. Reasonable (though not outstanding) employee benefits include free eye tests, reduced gym membership and optional "cycle-to-work" scheme.

Cons

Although there is a fairly wide range of different project types, my job position invariably involved tedious and banal searching of websites, databases and even mundane Google searches. There is absolutely nothing to get you to think, nothing to challenge you, nothing for the ambitious young graduate. It is a very structured, procedural job role. My BSc in Biomedical Sciences was completely unnecessary for the tasks at hand. It is the kind of work that makes you think "how am I benefiting humanity with this work?", "What am I getting out of this job?" It is at times unfulfilling, and is not the kind of work if you are prone to suffering from a midlife crisis. I would recommend the company in general, but this job role that I was in...no. Certainly not with the salary and holiday time I get. Although supervision was generally acceptable, no context was given to many of the projects. One minute I would be working on one thing, the next minute I would be doing a completely different project with no background given as to what the long-term plan is for the work. This led to confusion and errors on my part; The team I was working in did none of the pitch-work or exciting client-facing discussions - it was as if we were simply on hand to pick up the boring, run-of-the-mill grunt work that the other departments were unable to do, either because they had no subscription to the resources we use to search for documents and material online, or because they were too busy writing scientific manuscripts or preparing for pitches with pharmaceutical companies; Company policy prohibits traditional references from being given. If you want a reference for a new employee when you leave this company, it will be a formulaic verification of employment from HR. Understandable I suppose, but no less disappointing.

Advice to Management

The company is growing, the outlook for the future is promising, but remember that throughout all the integration and mergers and recruitment going on behind the scenes, it is the current employees that got the company to where it is now. Do not lose the friendly camaraderie and sociable element between colleagues in a desperate bid to generate an ever-larger profit.

Showing 1 of 13 review