Knowledgent Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
2.9
Peter Gibson & Shail Jain

Pros
  • Big Data into the larger picture is now the main thrust (in 6 reviews)

• The company has a super experienced and supportive senior management team (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Former presenters for their meetup group Big Data Palooza are no longer with the company (digitally verifiable) (in 8 reviews)

• The firm is a body shop that claims to be a boutique consultancy (in 6 reviews)

For the Data and Analytic talented

Current Employee - Informationist in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Informationist in New York, NY

I have been working at Knowledgent full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There is a core focus of the firm. If you specialize in data and analytics and are engaging and truthful its a great place to work. You need to be very realistic with yourself when coming here, its not a place to settle when looking for work. There are 300+ very talented people here for a reason and with mission.

Cons

There is a history predominately around the back office that needs to be modernized. Way too much overhead put on consultants for travel and expenses.
    Interview process needs to be more rigorous and consistent.
    Great expertise in Data need to up the game in Analytics.

Advice to Management

The negative energy of glassdoor is a distraction that needs to be addressed. Get rid of anonymous reviews and only allow one review per registered person. It is painfully obvious that both the the majority but not all negative and positive reviews are written by the same people over and over again. Without these changes in glassdoor I would advise any candidate not to take this too seriously and to do your own due diligence by talking with people at the firm and getting to know them.

Awesome Work Life Balance

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Knowledgent

Pros

Company gives very effective training on Big Data Technologies; Friendly Environment

Cons

Nothing that I could think about

So far, so good. Seems to be a lot of room to grow and plenty of opportunity

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Warren, NJ
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Warren, NJ

I have been working at Knowledgent full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Time off better than most places, good opportunity to grow, Awesome people to work with, everyone is very caring and hard working. They work you hard but also understand work/life balance. Great team spirit with the patient always at the heart of every decision.

Cons

Promotion not balanced, need more work on this.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work, and expect high effort for high pay

Great talent, great focus and a great culture

Current Employee - Informationist in Warren, NJ
    Current Employee - Informationist in Warren, NJ

I have been working at Knowledgent full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

If you are looking for a company that has an amazing talent pool in the data and analytics space, this is the firm. Ever since the company has zoomed in on data and analytics space, it's been a great place to work for professionals who like the space. This is a true meritocracy where talent shines through and is well rewarded.

Cons

1. The expense process is archaic, needs to go paperless!
    2. They are not a government organization or a non-profit firm, so if you don't measure up to what you advertise yourself as in the interview process you will be asked to leave in due time. Having said that, I find that they are more than generous in giving people fair chances, warnings and performance feedback.

Advice to Management

Ignore the unfair and baseless comments from 'losers' ex-employees who pretend to be still working there (I know who are, shame on you!) and keep on doing what your are...but do deploy a new expense management system.

Solutions Architect

Current Employee - Architect in Newark, NJ
    Current Employee - Architect in Newark, NJ

I have been working at Knowledgent full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Smart people to work with, challenging projects working with advanced technology. Lots of opportunity to learn and explore lots of domains. Solid bunch of folks in c-suite

Cons

Quite a mundane expenses policy. Need to take a vacation day just to organize and submit expenses. Time to go paperless! Opportunities to engage in outside conferences are not easy to obtain

Advice to Management

Strong attempts being made internally to provide transparency to the company direction and overall strategy. Ensure employees are kept engaged. For being a data and analytics, we have a weak presence in visualization. Let's set the gold standard for advanced visualization

Entrepreneurial & Exciting

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Warren, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Warren, NJ

I have been working at Knowledgent full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Knowledgent is a great place to work for those who have an entrepreneurial spirit and like to work on cool projects with smart people. The company has evolved its focus and employees to be almost entirely focused on data and analytics and there is a constant flow of innovative big data and data science projects to dive into. Good work has been done create data-centric competencies that facilitate collaboration, knowledge-sharing and training.

Cons

As the company is relatively young, there's some work needed to improve processes and organizational discipline. The pace is quite fast and can be overwhelming for those who aren't prepared.

Advice to Management

Things are going great but keep getting better...

Not Easy, But Well Worth It!

I have been working at Knowledgent full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

My time with Knowledgent has been a challenging and rewarding voyage. We typically work on critical strategic initiatives that shape the future of our clients; sometimes just by providing solid business practices and other times by instituting cutting edge technologies and capabilities. The people I’m surrounded by are smart, energized and motivated by success, which in turn brings out the best in everyone. Leadership keeps their eye on the prize, but still manages with compassion and integrity. If you’re willing to work hard, constantly learn and challenge yourself, your opportunities are endless.

Cons

It’s a hard charging environment that requires you to regularly keep an eye on your work vs. life balance. Meaningful programs for employee growth and company alignment are now gaining real momentum, through the forming of true communities.

Advice to Management

Continue to hire only the best and success will continue to follow.

You can flourish here

Current Employee - Informationist
    Current Employee - Informationist

I have been working at Knowledgent full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

People - the reason I joined and the reason I'm still here.
    I've had the good fortune of working on many very strategic client engagements.
    Did I mention the people?

Cons

Expectations are high....reasonable, but high.

Advice to Management

Remain focused on recent initiatives related to people development - coaching program, competencies, etc.

Sordid

I worked at Knowledgent full-time

Pros

This section is completely irrelevant for this employer.

Cons

This employer does the business by exploiting highly skilled technology people;
    most of the hires do not realise the harm at the beginning but they do soon after few weeks.
    The harmful effect is also on client side - some do identify and boycott them; few corrupt ones remain.

High Risk

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Warren, NJ
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Warren, NJ

I worked at Knowledgent full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

No longer being an employee is a big pro, but never having worked here would have been even better.

Cons

Experienced professionals should understand that joining this organization is a high risk gamble. Salary is high, yet attrition is equally high. Do not factor a bonus into your total compensation as it is unlikely you will survive to payment. If you cannot find a way to keep yourself billable you will be quickly terminated. You will need to leverage your network to make this happen given the lack of a functioning sales team. If you are not comfortable cold calling people you know to show you can generate revenue and remain billable this will not be a fit. There is a small executive cadre that is immune from being a walking target, but all other employees are expendable. Revenue is king, so do not expect much in the way of downtime. Parents with young families should consider this before joining Knowledgent. Days will be long and expect calls on the weekend, understanding that Knowledgent must take priority over everything else. Typical projects run 8 - 12 weeks, informatica, simple requirements gathering deals. A few projects are big data, yet mostly it's basic business analysis. Look at the jobs posted to get a clearer view. If knowledgent says it's using cutting edge technology it's referring to Microsoft Office. Having seen how much firms are now investing in their own advanced analytics I question the long-term viability of a consultancy focused on this for its survival. The new technology is becoming ever more end user friendly and our rationale to exist questionable. The long-term viability of Knowledgent is concerning and we are not a saleable asset given our delivery issues.

Advice to Management

Shrink the egos, the machismo, the self-interest and show some humility.

RSS Feed </> Embed