Kofax Reviews

Updated March 25, 2015
86 reviews filtered by
Kofax CEO and Director Reynolds C. Bish
Reynolds C. Bish

Pros
  • There are a few good people, although most of them end up changing to comply with the horrendous management (in 6 reviews)

• Free coffee and drinks in the kitchen (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • While very capable and smart, the executive management team comes off as elitist and is alienating rank and file employees that are busting their rears (in 4 reviews)

• Senior management only cares for shareholders interests (in 5 reviews)

1. Featured Review

The IT side is a fun and fast paced environment

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Kofax full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I've read some of the reviews, and I'm going to guess they are from the side of the company that doesn't involve IT. With that being said, this review is based on the IT side of the company aka Building 2. I work on the IT side of the company, and as my title has mentioned it's a fun and fast paced environment. Since we have to be on the cutting edge (or bleeding in some cases) of technology, we implement various technologies. This may overwhelm some people, but I see it as an opportunity to learn many things. It also makes the days go by fast.

Management has also done a good job on hiring a group of well rounded people to cover any weaknesses in the team. If one person isn't strong in a particular area, there is another person on the team who can help train on the subject. None of the departments work in silos and this is also helpful for getting challenging projects completed.

The IT group has a familial feel to it. On Thursdays, people from the different IT departments meet up for a group lunch at various locations in Irvine. It's an escape from work and a fun time to listen to how everyone's families are doing. Our HR also schedules team building events every 2-3 months and it's a good way to meet the large amount of people that work in the company. Although I haven't been to all the events, so far I've seen K1 racing, Boomers, and Knotts Berry Farm. The company Christmas party is also a nice touch for the end of the year.

I can honestly say this is one of the few places I've enjoyed working at and would encourage people to apply for IT jobs at Kofax.

Cons

From my current personal experience, I don't have any cons against the company.

I have no advice at this time.

2. Pre-sales

I have been working at Kofax

Pros

Great company to work for.

Cons

Can't think of any at the moment.

3. QA Intern

Current Intern - Anonymous Intern
    Current Intern - Anonymous Intern

I have been working at Kofax as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

Great Managers, and flexible schedule.

Cons

I have no cons for the company.

Fun at First!

Former Employee - Director of Sales in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Director of Sales in San Jose, CA

I worked at Kofax full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

In early 2000 the Capture market was growing and consolidating and the products were fresh. With the addition of KTM and IDC Capture was top of mind for most fortune 500 companies. Made a ton of money and top rep for several years.

Cons

Bish sold his failing Craptiva company to EMC and the idiots at DiCom thought it would be a great idea to bring him over to run a company that was having fun and doing everything right. Bish fired some of the best sales leaders I've ever worked for and killed the moral of the sales teams who made Kofax who they are today. He started bringing in his morons from Craptiva to run things and everything started spiraling downward from there.

Stop being an errogant &^*% with an ego the size of California! Never forget your employees make you who you are and they are what drives revenue and profitability...not you and your team of minions that follow you from company to company.

Fog

Former Employee - Professional Services in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Professional Services in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Kofax full-time (more than a year)

Pros

A very competitive set of products
    Excellent marketing
    Good people

Cons

CEO is a clueless jerk - as demonstrated at every all hands meeting. Talks about himself and what meetings he's been to, and how much money we should be making, exclusively; Very little mention of the fact that he's purportedly leading a technology company.

Internal management conversation is almost exclusively a regurgitation of the latest marketing babble, or who is doing what to who - little mention of the fact that Kofax is a technology and services company and that leadership's responsibility is to make both better than they are

Some buggy and incomplete products. Development Eng offshoring didn't work out well, at least in the initial years

Little support to the people actually doing the work in the field.

Replace the CEO. Listening to him talk for 10 minutes informs all that there is little hope for the company or their careers.

A Company with their Landing gear up on final approach!! They will Crash and burn.

I worked at Kofax full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

You have to be joking....Sr. .Management in the areas of H.R., Marketing, Sales...and at the TOP...and not let's forget IT...the worst I have ever seen. IT is usually running around trying to kiss the rear ends of top management. Somehow IT has a group called CPO...Company Purchasing I guess....Led by a group of people that are the most uneducated that walk this earth...all I ever heard from them was "I don't know"

Cons

No Pro's and all Cons....yes, they con you to come over to work, then treat you like crap.

Total change needed from Top Down..

8. Friendly Lively Exciting working environment!

I have been working at Kofax

Pros

People are great, working life balance is great!

Cons

Not yet found one here.

9. Good place to work

Former Employee - Sales Executive in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Executive in Irvine, CA

I worked at Kofax

Pros

Great pay and good benefits

Cons

Be careful which boss you work for. Some managers are good and fair and others are horrible.

Make sure your all regional managers understand the company roadmap and what the company does.

Could be a great company to be a part of but falls so short in so many ways.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Kofax full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great co-workers (the individuals that actually do the day to day work, not upper management). The products have lots of potential, the company has some nice perks at the corporate headquarters in Irvine, CA. Free water bottles, soda, coffee. There is a workout room with showers, ping pong, exercise classes. Nice Irvine Spectrum location, good office with good sized cubes. It is a global company with offices throughout the world. Employees can have a good experience here as long as they are shielded from upper management.

Cons

There is one motto at this company; "increase shareholder value by growing revenue quarter by quarter". Kofax is a publicly traded company so this isn't a "bad" motto to have in and of itself. However, the culture that this breeds from within the organization is down-right toxic. It doesn't have to be this way, but with the current executive management team, that is the way it is. The blame game, drama, greed and politics that take place is almost comical. Sales is fighting tooth and nail to make sales, taking out whoever gets in the way. While engineering ships as many versions of products and as quickly as possible which drastically reduces product quality that simply fuels the whole cancerous cycle.

Stop the blame game. Yes, growth of the company is important but does it really have to be done is such a hateful way? Rather than blaming, try taking some ownership yourself. Turn it around in a productive way to better our employees and products. And with that, organic growth will come. I'd also suggest implementing some form of bonus program for all employees, not just upper management.

High energy environmnet

Former Employee - Senior Sales Executive in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Sales Executive in Irvine, CA

I worked at Kofax full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Pays market to above market salary for talent. High achievement atmosphere with accolades from Sr. Management. Focus on customer satisfaction and employee development and satisfaction

Cons

Sales organization changes with each fiscal year end. Quick to cut programs and positions if not meeting short term expectations.

Take care of your current talent.