Kofax

Updated February 27, 2015
3.1

Kofax CEO and Director Reynolds C. Bish
Reynolds C. Bish

Pros
  • There are a few good people, although most of them end up changing to comply with the horrendous management (in 6 reviews)

• Free coffee and drinks in the kitchen (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • While very capable and smart, the executive management team comes off as elitist and is alienating rank and file employees that are busting their rears (in 4 reviews)

• Senior management only cares for shareholders interests (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

The IT side is a fun and fast paced environment

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Kofax full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I've read some of the reviews, and I'm going to guess they are from the side of the company that doesn't involve IT. With that being said, this review is based on the IT side of the company aka Building 2. I work on the IT side of the company, and as my title has mentioned it's a fun and fast paced environment. Since we have to be on the cutting edge (or bleeding in some cases) of technology, we implement various technologies. This may overwhelm some people, but I see it as an opportunity to learn many things. It also makes the days go by fast.

Management has also done a good job on hiring a group of well rounded people to cover any weaknesses in the team. If one person isn't strong in a particular area, there is another person on the team who can help train on the subject. None of the departments work in silos and this is also helpful for getting challenging projects completed.

The IT group has a familial feel to it. On Thursdays, people from the different IT departments meet up for a group lunch at various locations in Irvine. It's an escape from work and a fun time to listen to how everyone's families are doing. Our HR also schedules team building events every 2-3 months and it's a good way to meet the large amount of people that work in the company. Although I haven't been to all the events, so far I've seen K1 racing, Boomers, and Knotts Berry Farm. The company Christmas party is also a nice touch for the end of the year.

I can honestly say this is one of the few places I've enjoyed working at and would encourage people to apply for IT jobs at Kofax.

Cons

From my current personal experience, I don't have any cons against the company.

I have no advice at this time.

Fog

Former Employee - Professional Services in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Professional Services in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Kofax full-time (more than a year)

Pros

A very competitive set of products
    Excellent marketing
    Good people

Cons

CEO is a clueless jerk - as demonstrated at every all hands meeting. Talks about himself and what meetings he's been to, and how much money we should be making, exclusively; Very little mention of the fact that he's purportedly leading a technology company.

Internal management conversation is almost exclusively a regurgitation of the latest marketing babble, or who is doing what to who - little mention of the fact that Kofax is a technology and services company and that leadership's responsibility is to make both better than they are

Some buggy and incomplete products. Development Eng offshoring didn't work out well, at least in the initial years

Little support to the people actually doing the work in the field.

Replace the CEO. Listening to him talk for 10 minutes informs all that there is little hope for the company or their careers.

Friendly Lively Exciting working environment!

I have been working at Kofax

Pros

People are great, working life balance is great!

Cons

Not yet found one here.

Good place to work

Former Employee - Sales Executive in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Executive in Irvine, CA

I worked at Kofax

Pros

Great pay and good benefits

Cons

Be careful which boss you work for. Some managers are good and fair and others are horrible.

Make sure your all regional managers understand the company roadmap and what the company does.

Could be a great company to be a part of but falls so short in so many ways.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Kofax full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great co-workers (the individuals that actually do the day to day work, not upper management). The products have lots of potential, the company has some nice perks at the corporate headquarters in Irvine, CA. Free water bottles, soda, coffee. There is a workout room with showers, ping pong, exercise classes. Nice Irvine Spectrum location, good office with good sized cubes. It is a global company with offices throughout the world. Employees can have a good experience here as long as they are shielded from upper management.

Cons

There is one motto at this company; "increase shareholder value by growing revenue quarter by quarter". Kofax is a publicly traded company so this isn't a "bad" motto to have in and of itself. However, the culture that this breeds from within the organization is down-right toxic. It doesn't have to be this way, but with the current executive management team, that is the way it is. The blame game, drama, greed and politics that take place is almost comical. Sales is fighting tooth and nail to make sales, taking out whoever gets in the way. While engineering ships as many versions of products and as quickly as possible which drastically reduces product quality that simply fuels the whole cancerous cycle.

Stop the blame game. Yes, growth of the company is important but does it really have to be done is such a hateful way? Rather than blaming, try taking some ownership yourself. Turn it around in a productive way to better our employees and products. And with that, organic growth will come. I'd also suggest implementing some form of bonus program for all employees, not just upper management.

High energy environmnet

Former Employee - Senior Sales Executive in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Sales Executive in Irvine, CA

I worked at Kofax full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Pays market to above market salary for talent. High achievement atmosphere with accolades from Sr. Management. Focus on customer satisfaction and employee development and satisfaction

Cons

Sales organization changes with each fiscal year end. Quick to cut programs and positions if not meeting short term expectations.

Take care of your current talent.

Just Terrible.

I worked at Kofax full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Some good co-workers but those who really are good at what they do will leave quickly.

Cons

A petri dish for "The Peter Principle". executive and upper-level management is shockingly incompetent, condescending and preoccupied with self-serving bureaucracy. Mediocre benefits. Scads of current executive level management come from Filenet, an old legacy company that IBM bought ages ago. This maybe a root cause of the lousy company culture practiced by upper management.

Nah. Management doesn't listen to anyone.

Intense

Current Employee - Partner Management in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Partner Management in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Kofax full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Cutting edge technologies, smart aquisitions, solutions that have dominated the market for two decades. Very challenging pace.

Cons

"What have you done for me lately" is such a push one often feels like taking a chance or stepping out of the box would be too big of a risk.

Encourage your teams to take a chance even if it means making a mistake. Move more swiftly with ideas born from the many meetings instead of having more meetings about meetings.

Great company that shows the employees they are appreciated.

Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Kofax full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The environment is fantastic. The staff is friendly and helpful. The office is clean, spacious and set at a pleasant temperature. There are many perks such as food truck days, car wash guys in the parking lot, open parking for the employees, free coffee/soda/water, the technology is current, the IT and Facilities staff are very responsive, the office is close to the freeway, dining and shopping, and the management staff is available with open doors.

Cons

The lack of new hire orientation is the only down fall. Thankfully the HR staff is always available to help.

Management should be proud of the organization and the staff they have on board.

Great Experience

Current Employee - Professional Services Consultant in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Professional Services Consultant in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Kofax full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Working on the professional services side is both a rewarding and challenging task.

Cons

Compensation and perks are fair.

There is a downside to the aggressive over-selling style.