Kofax Reviews

Updated September 11, 2014
Updated September 11, 2014

Kofax CEO and Director Reynolds C. Bish
Reynolds C. Bish

Pros
  • There are a few good people, although most of them end up changing to comply with the horrendous management (in 6 reviews)

• Good technology offering that leads the market (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • While very capable and smart, the executive management team comes off as elitist and is alienating rank and file employees that are busting their rears (in 4 reviews)

• Senior management only cares for shareholders interests (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

Great Experience

Current Employee - Professional Services Consultant  in  Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Professional Services Consultant in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Kofax full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Working on the professional services side is both a rewarding and challenging task.

Cons

Compensation and perks are fair.

There is a downside to the aggressive over-selling style.

Innovative Company. Great Employees.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Kofax full-time

Pros

The employees at Kofax are passionate and hard working. You're constantly busy. Some may see this as a bad thing, however, I'd prefer to be busy than bored. Considering the industry, it's hard not to expect a fast-paced environment, however, Kofax makes a conscious effort to keep the employees engaged and provides the opportunity to connect on a personal level by having company events/activities, which include breakfasts/lunches/social activities during work hours, employee only events, family events, and the annual holiday party. Coming from larger organizations, it's nice to work at a company where you have more of a voice and the company takes the time to do fun things for their employees.

Cons

Are there some leaders that could use some polishing? Sure, but you're going to find that anywhere you go. It's a tough culture to get used to considering the pace, the workload, and the communication style. You need to have thick skin and learn not to take things personally.

Continue focusing on growth and retaining the employees you have. A big thank you to our CEO for having meetings with the employees to keep us informed about what's happening with the company.

Fast paced, fun, experienced team and leadership

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Kofax full-time for less than a year

Pros

The company is innovating, growing, has a solid vision and great leadership

Cons

You have to enjoy growth and a fast paced environment

Include employee ownership in compensation

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Toxic

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I worked at Kofax full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The people who do the real work are exceptional but literally not recognized by senior management. Any of the senior management team can pass you in the hall and act like you are a stranger, even if you have been there twice as long as them.

Cons

TOXIC.

Every day you are made to feel like one mistake and you are out the door. No one has your back.

No team effort.

Step out of your ivory tower and mingle with the real people. When you pass them in the hall, give them a smile and acknowledgment. It costs you nothing and can go a long way to raise moral.

Mature company failing to adapt to change

I worked at Kofax

Pros

The only pro is they have a global business presence through a direct sales and good regional marketing

Cons

Grade inflation in titles, with people doing fairly simple work having Director and VP titles. That lead to egos that prevent them from learning new things and fight against innovation. Since their main market is a mature one, they need innovative thinking and skills to get the next upward curve. They're not doing it.

Upper management seems to have a good strategy how to move forward, but they don't have the tactics. They're not shaking up a staid, bureaucratic organization to become more adaptable. Perhaps that means senior management needs to change first.

The grass is greener!

Former Employee - Professional Services Consultant  in  Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Professional Services Consultant in Boston, MA

I worked at Kofax full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

There are a few good people, although most of them end up changing to comply with the horrendous management.

Cons

Management try to break employee’s confidence by saying the poor treatment is “normal” within our industry. And anyone who complains simply can’t take the pace, or is not up for the job.

This of course is SO wrong, and leaving was absolutely the best decision I’ve ever made in my career. I really wish that my fellow co-workers have the confidence to take control of their careers and LEAVE – I promise you will be so much happier.

You don’t have to put up with this subpar company any longer – the grass is so much greener.

Just do it!

Break the cycle of dishonesty.

Not a great place don't believe the fake positive reviews

Former Employee - IT Department  in  Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - IT Department in Irvine, CA

I worked at Kofax full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The people is why I stayed but after years of high turnover and bad management I had to leave.

Cons

So all you have to know about this company is that they blocked glassdoor.com to employees before I left. Yet there is 100% access to everything else and only glassdoor was targeted, I'm sure because Kofax can not handle the truth. HR or marketing are posting fake positive reviews to offset the negative ratings, yep that's the type of company this is. Just look at the many job postings, that shows high turnover and lack of employee retention. They just run you into the ground with no compensation.

Give employees profit sharing stop restricting it to the top tier. Give more at merit increase time, the amounts given are a slap in the face. Review all management critically from manager on up if you want to stop the exodus of people. Fix HR they are the most unprofessional bunch I have ever seen at any company in my 18 years of working.

SHAMEFUL COMPANY - RUN AWAY FROM THEM!

I have been working at Kofax full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

good team of co-workers - obviously not the managers

Cons

- company is not transparent at all, employing staff and co-workers in illegal working conditions
    - dubious business plan
    - NO possibility to grow
    - NO company culture
    - NO company vision, managers clearly do not know what they are doing
    - NO respect for the staff or for the people in their network (clients and community)

They should all resign/close down the office.

Great Company, Great People!

I have been working at Kofax full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The CEO and Senior Management have a great vision of where they want to go to make Kofax one of the best if not the best in the Industry. The company performs well year after year and seems likely to achieve more in the months to come. We seem to be looking for new talent on a regular basis as we need people who have strong skills, who love a challenge, can adapt to a fast pace, high achievement atmosphere/culture and contributing to the bottom line. Contributing is one thing but making a strong impact is another.

Cons

Every company has cons with leadership, time off policies, benefits, salaries and raises. I think Kofax fits into this catagory but the question to be asked does management recognize this and are willing to make changes when they see fit? The answer is an open one depending on the Executive. I think change is made when employees are honest with their management and share concerns. If someone isnt happy with the way things are then maybe the company is not the best fit for them and people need to move on. If you do well, there are opportunities - but you must create your own career path. It is not about entitlement its about earning the title, or raises and promotions.

Keep focus on the goals we are headed to achieve. The pace can be tough so adding more headcount to assist those who are dedicated and loyal would be a strong motivation and moral booster. Can't wait to see what the future brings.

Vice President

Current Employee - Vice President
    Current Employee - Vice President

I have been working at Kofax full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I enjoy the people at Kofax. For the most part people are passionate about their work. The market is growing and the Kofax strategy poises the company for success.

Cons

Sometimes difficult for many to keep up with the pace but in general most of management believes in work-life balance.

Extend the bonus program deeper within the company. Implement an all employee stock options program to keep people motivated to perform in the best interest of the company.

Worked for Kofax? Contribute to the Community!