Kofax Reviews

Reset
3.2
Kofax CEO and Director Reynolds C. Bish
Reynolds C. Bish

Pros
  • There are a few good people, although most of them end up changing to comply with the horrendous management (in 6 reviews)

• Free coffee and drinks in the kitchen (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Senior management only cares for shareholders interests (in 5 reviews)

• Upper management doesn't communicate very transparently (in 5 reviews)

1. Featured Review

The IT side is a fun and fast paced environment

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Kofax full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've read some of the reviews, and I'm going to guess they are from the side of the company that doesn't involve IT. With that being said, this review is based on the IT side of the company aka Building 2. I work on the IT side of the company, and as my title has mentioned it's a fun and fast paced environment. Since we have to be on the cutting edge (or bleeding in some cases) of technology, we implement various technologies. This may overwhelm some people, but I see it as an opportunity to learn many things. It also makes the days go by fast.

Management has also done a good job on hiring a group of well rounded people to cover any weaknesses in the team. If one person isn't strong in a particular area, there is another person on the team who can help train on the subject. None of the departments work in silos and this is also helpful for getting challenging projects completed.

The IT group has a familial feel to it. On Thursdays, people from the different IT departments meet up for a group lunch at various locations in Irvine. It's an escape from work and a fun time to listen to how everyone's families are doing. Our HR also schedules team building events every 2-3 months and it's a good way to meet the large amount of people that work in the company. Although I haven't been to all the events, so far I've seen K1 racing, Boomers, and Knotts Berry Farm. The company Christmas party is also a nice touch for the end of the year.

I can honestly say this is one of the few places I've enjoyed working at and would encourage people to apply for IT jobs at Kofax.

Cons

From my current personal experience, I don't have any cons against the company.

Advice to Management

I have no advice at this time.

2. Kofax Employee

I have been working at Kofax full-time

Pros

Partners, Customers, Technology, People, Opportunity

Cons

Too early version releases & Short term management

3. Great Place To Work!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Kofax (Less than a year)

Pros

Good company culture, good benefits, corporate events, on-site gym with Instructors, managers are approachable, expectations are clear and lots of work to keep you busy.

Cons

Not too much on the con side I have experienced yet.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

Good Place to Work

I worked at Kofax full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

There are many pro's to working at Kofax from the people who I find to be a good group and easy to work with to the product set. Between Capture/Transformation, BPM, Analytics, Mobile, eSignature and Web Integration one gets a great exposure to a number of different verticals in software. Kofax has done a tremendous job of acquiring strong contributing companies that have added to the Kofax Software Portfolio making it ripe for the acqusition that just happened.

Cons

Executive management has always been a problem, they are very harsh and it translates down through management that can set a bad tone to the company. Now that they have been sold to Lexmark this very well may go away.

No Stock options and raises are often very low, as a result people who have been their a long time have lower salaries than the newly hired for the same position.

Their traditional product set has some serious issues and time needs to be spent in Product Management to stabilize the core KTM.

Advice to Management

Management should be looking at some kind of stock purchase plan and reevaluate the raise and bonus mechanism, especially for the top talent.

Lexmark made a huge mistake retaining Kofax Executives

Current Employee - Sales Account Executive in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Account Executive in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Kofax full-time

Pros

There are some very good VP and mid level managers throughout Kofax, unfortunately the same can't be said for those formerly from Captiva who've instilled their micro management, arrogant cut throat culture down throughout the organization.

The greatest pro is knowing that having just accepted an offer to join another company, I won't be looking back wondering if I made the right decision.

Cons

- Kofax employees, especially those in Sales, were praying this acquisition would free us from the micro management, scorch the earth, and narcissistic business practices of CEO and his Captiva minions.

- With the decision made that Reynolds and his team will still be in charge, watch how the already very high attrition rate within the sales team will double. If you doubt this, look at the all the job postings, those are not expansion opportunities, they are replacement.

- if the acquisition includes quarterly performance clauses over the next year for the executives (CEO and Captiva minions)... they will squeeze every ounce of revenue and life from the sales team regardless of it's impact on the employee or customer. They will exit in a year with their big bonuses and leave behind the Kofax/Lexmark employees to suffocate in the ashes.

Advice to Management

to Lexmark CEO - you will regret retaining the Kofax leadership. Looking forward, this decision will be looked upon as the pivotal moment explaiining why the acquisition failed.

7. PS Consultant

I have been working at Kofax full-time

Pros

-good team
    -collaborative env.
    -above average salaries
    -nice location
    -good management

Cons

-401 k is pretty bad
    -you pay a lot for health coverage
    - it takes forever to get promoted
    -career development and growth is an issue !

Advice to Management

-try to fix the 401k plan
    -try to fix the health coverage( i would suggest using a different broker)
    -invest in people

8. Employee

I worked at Kofax

Pros

Kofax had a nice office and nice people.

Cons

Kofax had a very corporate feel.

9. Go down into the trenches

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Kofax full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

You definitely get most of what you need to work, whether it's hardware, software, or education. Personal progress is appriaciated.

Cons

Quality is a big issue with all of the products, because management is too busy worrying about whther something ships on time to care if it works or not.

Advice to Management

Meeting an MBO doesn't mean much if what goes out has to come right back in. Fixing bugs takes twice as much development time as doing things right to begin with.

10. Pre-sales

I have been working at Kofax

Pros

Great company to work for.

Cons

Can't think of any at the moment.

Senior Consultant

I have been working at Kofax

Pros

The people who work at Kofax are good at what they do.

Cons

There is a high attrition rate.

Advice to Management

Pay attention to your employees, they have good ideas.

RSS Feed </> Embed