Kofax

Kofax Reviews

Updated Jul 18, 2014

Kofax CEO and Director Reynolds C. Bish

Reynolds C. Bish

Pros
  • There are a few good people, although most of them end up changing to comply with the horrendous management(in 6 reviews)

• Good technology offering that leads the market(in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • While very capable and smart, the executive management team comes off as elitist and is alienating rank and file employees that are busting their rears(in 4 reviews)

• Senior management only cares for shareholders interests(in 5 reviews)

Great Company, Great People!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Irvine, CA

ProsThe CEO and Senior Management have a great vision of where they want to go to make Kofax one of the best if not the best in the Industry. The company performs well year after year and seems likely to achieve more in the months to come. We seem to be looking for new talent on a regular basis as we need people who have strong skills, who love a challenge, can adapt to a fast pace, high achievement atmosphere/culture and contributing to the bottom line. Contributing is one thing but making a strong impact is another.

ConsEvery company has cons with leadership, time off policies, benefits, salaries and raises. I think Kofax fits into this catagory but the question to be asked does management recognize this and are willing to make changes when they see fit? The answer is an open one depending on the Executive. I think change is made when employees are honest with their management and share concerns. If someone isnt happy with the way things are then maybe the company is not the best fit for them and people need to move on. If you do well, there are opportunities - but you must create your own career path. It is not about entitlement its about earning the title, or raises and promotions.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep focus on the goals we are headed to achieve. The pace can be tough so adding more headcount to assist those who are dedicated and loyal would be a strong motivation and moral booster. Can't wait to see what the future brings.

Mature company failing to adapt to change

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe only pro is they have a global business presence through a direct sales and good regional marketing

ConsGrade inflation in titles, with people doing fairly simple work having Director and VP titles. That lead to egos that prevent them from learning new things and fight against innovation. Since their main market is a mature one, they need innovative thinking and skills to get the next upward curve. They're not doing it.

Advice to Senior ManagementUpper management seems to have a good strategy how to move forward, but they don't have the tactics. They're not shaking up a staid, bureaucratic organization to become more adaptable. Perhaps that means senior management needs to change first.

The grass is greener!

Professional Services Consultant (Former Employee) Boston, MA

ProsThere are a few good people, although most of them end up changing to comply with the horrendous management.

ConsManagement try to break employee’s confidence by saying the poor treatment is “normal” within our industry. And anyone who complains simply can’t take the pace, or is not up for the job.

This of course is SO wrong, and leaving was absolutely the best decision I’ve ever made in my career. I really wish that my fellow co-workers have the confidence to take control of their careers and LEAVE – I promise you will be so much happier.

You don’t have to put up with this subpar company any longer – the grass is so much greener.

Just do it!

Advice to Senior ManagementBreak the cycle of dishonesty.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Not a great place don't believe the fake positive reviews

IT Department (Former Employee) Irvine, CA

ProsThe people is why I stayed but after years of high turnover and bad management I had to leave.

ConsSo all you have to know about this company is that they blocked glassdoor.com to employees before I left. Yet there is 100% access to everything else and only glassdoor was targeted, I'm sure because Kofax can not handle the truth. HR or marketing are posting fake positive reviews to offset the negative ratings, yep that's the type of company this is. Just look at the many job postings, that shows high turnover and lack of employee retention. They just run you into the ground with no compensation.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive employees profit sharing stop restricting it to the top tier. Give more at merit increase time, the amounts given are a slap in the face. Review all management critically from manager on up if you want to stop the exodus of people. Fix HR they are the most unprofessional bunch I have ever seen at any company in my 18 years of working.

SHAMEFUL COMPANY - RUN AWAY FROM THEM!

Prosgood team of co-workers - obviously not the managers

Cons- company is not transparent at all, employing staff and co-workers in illegal working conditions
    - dubious business plan
    - NO possibility to grow
    - NO company culture
    - NO company vision, managers clearly do not know what they are doing
    - NO respect for the staff or for the people in their network (clients and community)

Advice to Senior ManagementThey should all resign/close down the office.

Vice President

Vice President (Current Employee)

ProsI enjoy the people at Kofax. For the most part people are passionate about their work. The market is growing and the Kofax strategy poises the company for success.

ConsSometimes difficult for many to keep up with the pace but in general most of management believes in work-life balance.

Advice to Senior ManagementExtend the bonus program deeper within the company. Implement an all employee stock options program to keep people motivated to perform in the best interest of the company.

A manic year of managing upward

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsSome decent coworkers who tried hard to work smart when given the autonomy to do so (though most of them were driven out either by choice or force).

ConsMy year at Kofax occurred after the acquisition of 170 Systems. I went from a "can do" environment where productivity was encouraged and valued to instead spending 50% of time managing up to the C-level. Execs. did not - and likely could not - provide strategic direction and vision. My time was limited in trying to do the right thing executing work that produced real results because I got sucked into the vortex of creating charts for monthly "EMT" review meetings that could only show what's working, and never, ever show what isn't working. This created an environment where we were unable to course-correct and develop new approaches to market, but instead spent our time spinning wheels, doing the same things, and playing the blame game when those "same things" didn't work anymore.

The C-suite is focused on managing shareholder's perception of the company rather than developing innovative products and solutions. If you focus on the right things, growth comes as a natural extension. Instead, this company is hanging onto a lifeline of tactics to keep treading water, but not truly changing the marketplace in new and exciting ways.

From everything I've heard, not much has changed in the few years since I left. They've cycled through more senior management as they continue to churn doing the same things, playing their shell game, and making very little progress for their customers, partners, and employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementRetire and make room for some executives with an eye for vision and innovation.

Work here if...

Project Manager, Professional Services (Current Employee) Irvine, CA

Pros..you like being micro-managed by vindictive middle managers who have only obtained their positions for being "yes" men to the CEO and his cohorts.

ConsMoral is a record low. Everyone would go if given a chance, but most do not have the transferable skills to obtain an equivalent job elsewhere.

I joined the 6 months ago and knew I was in trouble after hearing the number of people trying to leave! I started job hunting myself within the third month of joining.

Joining this Kofax was the worst mistake I've ever made, but I needed the job as I had been made redundant from EMC.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe problems are not fixable with the current management team.

Good long term, struggle on short term focus.

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Bedford, MA

ProsGood people, good software development tools, free soda/juice.

ConsUpper management doesn't communicate very transparently. They have meetings to tell us things, but then we get a layoff a week later.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe salaries are fine, just need clearer communication and more honesty.

Great place to work!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Irvine, CA

ProsThe company really listens to their employees. I know a lot of people have complained but we are a large company and change doesn't happen overnight. They continue to listen to their employees and work to build a positive work environment.

One thing most people agree is that they have a LOT of great people - a lot of them have been here over 5-20 years.

The salary and benefits are competitive.

They provide plenty of team building opportunities.

The work is challenging and we have the opportunity to work with many different types of technology. It's never boring!

Sometimes we work long hours to get a project done, but it is an exception not a rule.

I have found that management at all levels will listen even if you don't agree as long as you can provide concrete information to support why you do not agree.

Kofax is a clear market leader and I am proud to be part of the company.

ConsI wish the disgruntled employees would offer suggestions for improvement rather than general complaining. If they don't like it, they can always move on. It gets tiring for those of us who like our jobs.

Worked for Kofax? Contribute to the Community!