Kohl's

2,676 Reviews

Kohl's Chairman, President & CEO Kevin B. Mansell
Kevin B. Mansell
1,142 Ratings

Pros
  • Encouraging work life balance but this can depend on the team you are on (in 86 reviews)

• The employee discount was nice but it didn't make up for anything else (in 188 reviews)

Cons
  • There is no work life balance as much as they would like you to believe there is (in 103 reviews)

• Minimum wage is also not enough to be paid for what you deal with (in 120 reviews)

More Highlights

Couldn't see myself anywhere else!

Current Employee - Human Resources in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Human Resources in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Kohl's

Pros

I've had the good fortune of a challenging 14 year career with several different roles and promotions. I'm always learning something new and always rewarded for hard work. I feel like my opinion matters and my leaders help develop my skills. Being a member of Management team provides good benefits, bonus and decent salary.

Cons

Hourly Sales Associates could benefit from higher wages and more payroll hours. Feels like they often get dissatisfied quickly and leave.... those providing valuable service to our customers should be a higher priority!

Continue to grow and change! The company is always evolving and those resistant to change or incapable of managing through it often don't provide the right level of Customer or Associate engagement.

I loved working here!

Former Employee - Sales Floor Associate in Saratoga Springs, NY
    Former Employee - Sales Floor Associate in Saratoga Springs, NY

I worked at Kohl's

Pros

They are very hands-on with training and constantly checking in to make sure you have everything you need. I really loved my coworkers. I worked here for 3 years and loved it!

Cons

Nothing really to say other than, as with any retail job, you HAVE to work Black Friday. Which I found to be fun and exhilarating.

Keep doing what you're doing.

Kohl's is a great employer and an amazing place to work!

I have been working at Kohl's

Pros

Kohl's greatness agenda has had a huge impact on the culture creating a lot of excitement and showing great results across the organization. It's great to be part of a forward moving company that thinks outside the box, consistently challenges, rewards, and is defining greatness.

There are also amazing perks like an on-site concierge service, spa services, a full health & wellness center with an impressive gym and fitness classes. There is also an on-site day care facility, just to name a few.
    While I don't take advantage of all of the perks, they are there to show that the associates are valued and a work-life balance is not only spoken about, but fully supported in a variety of channels.

Cons

A strive towards greatness is not a walk in the park... it take a lot of effort, collaboration, and a push beyond what we're comfortable with. In the end it is totally worth it, but you will be stretched regardless of your role.

One of the best retailers in the business.

I have been working at Kohl's full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Its a family focused retailer with a culture that centered around employee engagement. You have flexible scheduling, the latest technology to make your work easier. Best of all they are very stable and they do what it takes to remain profitable without being forced. I have worked for companies that went bankrupt that failed to take action until it is too late, not the case here.

Cons

This is no different then any other retail management position. Work-life balance can be a challenge based on workload and business periods.

Continue to keep up your efforts in customer engagement. It seem listening to your customers is often overlooked in this changing retail landscape of dot com's and on-line shopping.

Great Progressive Company

Former Employee - Senior IS Manager in Milwaukee, WI
    Former Employee - Senior IS Manager in Milwaukee, WI

I worked at Kohl's

Pros

Very progressive lots of freedom

Cons

Sometimes a lot of process to get things done

I had a good experience with this company! Great people and even better customers!

Former Employee - POS Associate in Morrisville, PA
    Former Employee - POS Associate in Morrisville, PA

I worked at Kohl's part-time (less than a year)

Pros

The managers are really easy-going but are also firm but have no problems working with. Pay is ehh but it's a retail job so you can't expect much.

Cons

You must be there for your entire 90 days probation before you even think about trying to call out for any reason other than being sick with a doctors note

Be lenient with employees who have to have a medically necessary surgery. We don't get to choose what day we want to have surgery, its whenever the first date available is. Please don't fire employees based on this because some are good workers.

Framer

I worked at Kohl's

Pros

Working with hands and people

Cons

Repetitive and seasonal service for often rude people

hire people who could potential replace you

challenging

Current Employee - Area Supervisor in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Area Supervisor in Portland, OR

I have been working at Kohl's full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I've had some great opportunities

Cons

The pay is not very competitive

Great team

I have been working at Kohl's

Pros

Great team not a hard job it's fun. I just started working recently but I have loved it so far

Cons

The pay isn't great. I'm at minimum wage. The pros make up for the cons though

I was hired for seasonal and it was an all right place to work, I didn't love it but I didn't hate it either.

Former Employee - Replenishment Associate in Monrovia, CA
    Former Employee - Replenishment Associate in Monrovia, CA

I worked at Kohl's

Pros

It was an easy place to work to everybody got along with each other. It was a pretty friendly environment.

Cons

It was difficult to get a lot of hours of work, but I was only seasonal so that's expected.