Kohl's

Updated Jul 28, 2014

3.0 2,003 reviews

Kohl's Chairman, President & CEO Kevin B. Mansell

Kevin B. Mansell

Pros
  • As a part timer they work well with work life balance in scheduling (in 69 reviews)

• The only positive reason to work at Kohl's is the employee discount (in 163 reviews)

Cons
  • There is no work life balance as much as they would like you to believe there is (in 84 reviews)

• Kohl's is essentially a credit card company which also happens to sell clothing (in 100 reviews)

More Highlights
2,003 Employee Reviews

Very good experience

ProsEnjoy working with the people and culture. The work is fast paced but also very rewarding. The people make the challenges fun.

ConsFor a well established company, there can be an immaturity in processes which slows down the decision making process.

Great environment, my second family

Store Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) Cary, NC

ProsFlexible schedule, opportunities to move up, incentives to perform and rewarded excellence, work life balance

ConsThe pay isn't as high as at other store to begin with

Fabulous training, even better experiences

Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) Milwaukee, WI

ProsI was supported every step of the way when it came to my career with Kohl's. The leadership invested time to develop me based on my strengths as well as my passion's.

ConsI excelled in Stores and wanted to move to a corporate position. All positions have to go through your store manager and they rarely give you a chance to even interview for positions that would be a step down for you and you are over qualified for. After training you store side they want to keep you store side at least until you hit Store Manager level.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Sales associate

Sales Floor Associate (Current Employee) Columbus, OH

ProsFamily like community. Great people

ConsNormal retail hours. Great place to work though!!

I like working at Kohl's because of the people i work with and the products we provide as well as the friendly customers

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) Tulsa, OK

ProsWhat i like about working here is the people I work with. They are friendly and genuinely care about you and they encourage you to grow. We have great products and I really like the special discounts they give staff and the bonuses we receive for signing up new credit card members.

ConsSome of the challenges we face at times is a shortage of staff to cover the floor which means that those that are on the registers or floor have to cover multiple areas. This shortage sometimes reflects negatively when a customer is trying to find something in a department and the person they need has been called to a register to help with checkout.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere are several people I work with that have kohl's as a second income because their main job doesn't pay enough to cover bills. I feel that if kohl's were to change the base rate of pay it would retain more of the loyal employees and they wouldn't have as large of a turn over and shortage of staff as they do.

awesome

Prosdiversity, great work life, dependable supervisors

Consdifficult customers, promotions, salary, hours

Kohl's

Cashier (Former Employee) Cottage Grove, MN

ProsGreat discount. Good work environment.

ConsStanding on feet all the time.

Advice to Senior ManagementGreat Job!

Working at Kohs as an Area Supervisor or Executive

Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee)

ProsGreat pay (area supervisors and executives), always opportunities to advance, they never lay people off due to company restructuring, very easy to get promoted as long as you are a dedicated and hard worker, mainly promote from within

ConsManagement works as hard as floor associates, very long process to term difficult associates that are hurting the company

Great

Cashier (Current Employee) San Diego, CA

ProsFriendly managers great flexibiity and time off

Consnot diverse, high goals, constantly on your feet

Advice to Senior Managementgreat area for advancement be more diverse

lps

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosi love it.. great opportunity

Consbetter benefits, and great opportunity for growth

Worked for Kohl's? Contribute to the Community!