Kohler
www.kohler.com Kohler, WI 5000+ Employees

Kohler Reviews in Hattiesburg, MS

Updated Apr 28, 2014

Kohler Chairman and CEO Herbert V. Kohler Jr.

Herbert V. Kohler Jr.

5 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

learned a lot, good for my first intern

Safety Intern (Former Employee)
    Hattiesburg, MS

Prosgreat pay, good learning experience

Conssome of the people were not easy to work with

Politically Eye Opening

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Hattiesburg, MS

ProsGreat exposure to a national company with opportunity to learn. Enjoyed working with all the co-workers.

ConsPolicies were enforced for some but not all. Corporate office doesn't understand the culture in a small town and assumes that what works well in other locations would work the same in MS. Human Resource Department is very inefficient has had great turnover and Corporate HR is lacking in leadership. Their are some in your face discrimination that occurs but the vast majority of the discrimination is masked and condoned by upper management. I found it to be a very racist place to work for if you are a female or a person of color. I would not recommend this company to anyone solely because of the underhanded dirty politics that I saw first hand. The overall vibe just isn't a good one and most people would like to enjoy the environment they work in.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo some self assessment and listen to your employees because without them there would be NO Kohler.

Hattiesburg facility is a great place to co-op/ intern with if you are a self starter

Design Engineering Co-op (Current Employee)
    Hattiesburg, MS

Pros-Opportunities to get involved in critical projects immediately
    - Friendly and helpful co-workers
    - Varied work day to day.

Cons-Not enough work assigned at times, you have to find work for yourself to do or sit around bored.
    -Lack of structure in co-op program, it ends up being what you make it.

Advice to Senior Management-Continue to develop structure in co-op program
    -Be sure that co-ops are given enough work to do.
    -Equip co-ops with betters tools for the job (computers that can run 3D modeling programs, etc.)

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good learning experience with completely incompetent upper level management

Manufacturing Process Engineer (Former Employee)
    Hattiesburg, MS

ProsThe position allowed me to further my knowledge in the machining process. The fellow employees that I had interactions with were very friendly and put forth a good amount of effort in doing their best job.

ConsManagement at this facility in particular is completely incompetent. My experience has been that they play favorites and will have nothing to do with any ideas for process improvement. The managers will go to great lengths to show you (in front of others) why your idea has no merit, and that their idea is most feasible. One manager that was particularly prone to doing this didn't even have a degree in the field of those he was managing.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease pay closer attention to the practices of mid-upper level management. The more ideas presented to address an issue, the more likely a company will be successful. Put managers in place who have extensive experience in the same field of those they manage.

maintenance

Electrician (Current Employee)
    Hattiesburg, MS

ProsThe medical insurance is probably the best you'll find in the area. It is a good place to start and gain experience.

ConsManagement is constantly changing. When you reach the top out pay there isn't much of an opportunity to advance. They lay employees with the least experience off during the summer months.

Advice to Senior ManagementThey need to improve on the way they treat their employees. Listen to their employees when ever they have something to say about the process.

Worked for Kohler? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Kohler reviews and ratings in Hattiesburg, MS — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Kohler CEO Herbert V. Kohler Jr. All 5 reviews posted anonymously by Kohler employees.