Kohler

www.kohler.com
  www.kohler.com

Kohler Reviews in Hattiesburg, MS

3.3

Kohler Chairman and CEO Herbert V. Kohler Jr.
Herbert V. Kohler Jr.

Pros
  • Good benefits and flexible working time (in 9 reviews)

• Kohler is a great product and the relationships built are incredible (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • very little training or advice from upper management (in 11 reviews)

• Not much analysis goes into decision making in strategic sourcing (in 7 reviews)

More Highlights

5 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Hattiesburg facility is a great place to co-op/ intern with if you are a self starter

Current Employee - Design Engineering Co-op in Hattiesburg, MS
    Current Employee - Design Engineering Co-op in Hattiesburg, MS

I have been working at Kohler as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

-Opportunities to get involved in critical projects immediately
    - Friendly and helpful co-workers
    - Varied work day to day.

Cons

-Not enough work assigned at times, you have to find work for yourself to do or sit around bored.
    -Lack of structure in co-op program, it ends up being what you make it.

-Continue to develop structure in co-op program
    -Be sure that co-ops are given enough work to do.
    -Equip co-ops with betters tools for the job (computers that can run 3D modeling programs, etc.)

Politically Eye Opening

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hattiesburg, MS
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hattiesburg, MS

I worked at Kohler full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great exposure to a national company with opportunity to learn. Enjoyed working with all the co-workers.

Cons

Policies were enforced for some but not all. Corporate office doesn't understand the culture in a small town and assumes that what works well in other locations would work the same in MS. Human Resource Department is very inefficient has had great turnover and Corporate HR is lacking in leadership. Their are some in your face discrimination that occurs but the vast majority of the discrimination is masked and condoned by upper management. I found it to be a very racist place to work for if you are a female or a person of color. I would not recommend this company to anyone solely because of the underhanded dirty politics that I saw first hand. The overall vibe just isn't a good one and most people would like to enjoy the environment they work in.

Do some self assessment and listen to your employees because without them there would be NO Kohler.

learned a lot, good for my first intern

Former Employee - Safety Intern in Hattiesburg, MS
    Former Employee - Safety Intern in Hattiesburg, MS

I worked at Kohler as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

great pay, good learning experience

Cons

some of the people were not easy to work with

Good learning experience with completely incompetent upper level management

Former Employee - Manufacturing Process Engineer in Hattiesburg, MS
    Former Employee - Manufacturing Process Engineer in Hattiesburg, MS

I worked at Kohler

Pros

The position allowed me to further my knowledge in the machining process. The fellow employees that I had interactions with were very friendly and put forth a good amount of effort in doing their best job.

Cons

Management at this facility in particular is completely incompetent. My experience has been that they play favorites and will have nothing to do with any ideas for process improvement. The managers will go to great lengths to show you (in front of others) why your idea has no merit, and that their idea is most feasible. One manager that was particularly prone to doing this didn't even have a degree in the field of those he was managing.

Please pay closer attention to the practices of mid-upper level management. The more ideas presented to address an issue, the more likely a company will be successful. Put managers in place who have extensive experience in the same field of those they manage.

maintenance

Current Employee - Electrician in Hattiesburg, MS
    Current Employee - Electrician in Hattiesburg, MS

I have been working at Kohler

Pros

The medical insurance is probably the best you'll find in the area. It is a good place to start and gain experience.

Cons

Management is constantly changing. When you reach the top out pay there isn't much of an opportunity to advance. They lay employees with the least experience off during the summer months.

They need to improve on the way they treat their employees. Listen to their employees when ever they have something to say about the process.