Kohler Mira Reviews

2.1

Roger Wilson
1 Rating

Be honest and open, disclose salary levels. Recognise talent across all areas of the business

Current Employee - Won't Disclose
    Current Employee - Won't Disclose

I have been working at Kohler Mira

Pros

Most people here are in manufacturing jobs so they are easy to communicate with, helpful and respectful of the company, its brand values and heritage.
    However many of the Kohler brand associates here think they are bigger than the company
    they reside and work at - Mira showers

Cons

Limited car parking causes big problems
    Completely hidden salary /compensation scale structure causes resentment
    between different job roles. Staff engineering roles are generally poorly paid.
    Strong and consistent effort does not equal financial reward here.

Carry out a poll to seek out those in the company that truly do believe in the product, those that will go to the end of the earth to uphold brand values. The true workaholics within KM.
    Give a payrise/merit increase or whatever is required to retain these valuable people before they
    feel they need to jump ship to the competition..

Frustrated. Marginalised in the job

Former Employee - NPD Engineer  in  Cheltenham, England (UK)
    Former Employee - NPD Engineer in Cheltenham, England (UK)

I worked at Kohler Mira full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

It was a good place to work. There were opportunities for personal development

Cons

No chance of a work life balance. HR won't allow homeworking. You must 'clock in' every day. Real old school American labor time management. The company now has a culture of annual redundancies and this has had an effect on morale.

Get into the 21st Century. The Mira business needs to be

Dont go there

I worked at Kohler Mira

Pros

LIfe assurance and Health care, and most of the people who work there (not management) are good honest people who make good freinds.

Cons

Idiots and bottom lickers who the the world is flat and the rest of us are plebs.

Get a life.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Better employers are elsewhere...

Current Employee - Current Employee  in  Cheltenham, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Current Employee in Cheltenham, England (UK)

I have been working at Kohler Mira

Pros

Cheltenham. Great place to live, can be expensive
    Mira. A great brand name that I am proud to work for.
    Workforce are friendly and very supportive of each other

Cons

Bad attitude of HR who make up new rules and policies on the fly to deal with day to day issues.
    No respect from senior management. Its all take never give and its all become a constant disatisfaction with profit. Never enough for Mr Kohler. Max P 'performance/' grading has become a worthless exercise and an excuse for micromanagement of the worst kind at all levels in the business.
    2009 - pay freeze for all delivered by email direct from Mr Kohler
    2010 - Worthless pay deal. Factory is striking because the pay deal on offer is so bad.

enough said ......

I'd say it was too late to give any practical advice. You seem to know it all. But I will have my say ... Collectively you as management have seriously damaged employee attitudes by taking people in the company entirely for granted. HR needs to undergo a complete change of staff especially because their ideas on how to manage wellness (attendance management by any other name) border on the insane. There is no real wellness in this company just plenty of stress in the employees.
    I know that people in this company are being bullied by their line managers who themselves are hellbent on imposing new HR policies and making peoples working lives a misery.

Worked for Kohler Mira? Contribute to the Community!