Kohler Mira

Kohler Mira Reviews

Be The First To
Add Photos

Roger Wilson

Be honest and open, disclose salary levels. Recognise talent across all areas of the business

Won't Disclose (Current Employee)

I have been working at Kohler Mira

ProsMost people here are in manufacturing jobs so they are easy to communicate with, helpful and respectful of the company, its brand values and heritage.
However many of the Kohler brand associates here think they are bigger than the company
they reside and work at - Mira showers

ConsLimited car parking causes big problems
Completely hidden salary /compensation scale structure causes resentment
between different job roles. Staff engineering roles are generally poorly paid.
Strong and consistent effort does not equal financial reward here.

Advice to Senior ManagementCarry out a poll to seek out those in the company that truly do believe in the product, those that will go to the end of the earth to uphold brand values. The true workaholics within KM.
Give a payrise/merit increase or whatever is required to retain these valuable people before they
feel they need to jump ship to the competition..

Frustrated. Marginalised in the job

NPD Engineer (Former Employee)
Cheltenham, England (UK)

I worked at Kohler Mira full-time for more than 10 years

ProsIt was a good place to work. There were opportunities for personal development

ConsNo chance of a work life balance. HR won't allow homeworking. You must 'clock in' every day. Real old school American labor time management. The company now has a culture of annual redundancies and this has had an effect on morale.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet into the 21st Century. The Mira business needs to be

Better employers are elsewhere...

Current Employee (Current Employee)
Cheltenham, England (UK)

I have been working at Kohler Mira

ProsCheltenham. Great place to live, can be expensive
Mira. A great brand name that I am proud to work for.
Workforce are friendly and very supportive of each other

ConsBad attitude of HR who make up new rules and policies on the fly to deal with day to day issues.
No respect from senior management. Its all take never give and its all become a constant disatisfaction with profit. Never enough for Mr Kohler. Max P 'performance/' grading has become a worthless exercise and an excuse for micromanagement of the worst kind at all levels in the business.
2009 - pay freeze for all delivered by email direct from Mr Kohler
2010 - Worthless pay deal. Factory is striking because the pay deal on offer is so bad.

enough said ......

Advice to Senior ManagementI'd say it was too late to give any practical advice. You seem to know it all. But I will have my say ... Collectively you as management have seriously damaged employee attitudes by taking people in the company entirely for granted. HR needs to undergo a complete change of staff especially because their ideas on how to manage wellness (attendance management by any other name) border on the insane. There is no real wellness in this company just plenty of stress in the employees.
I know that people in this company are being bullied by their line managers who themselves are hellbent on imposing new HR policies and making peoples working lives a misery.

Worked for Kohler Mira? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Kohler Mira reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Kohler Mira CEO Roger Wilson. All reviews posted anonymously by Kohler Mira employees.