Kollmorgen

Be The First To
Add Photos

Not yet rated.

H. Lawrence Culp Jr.

It was a standard interview process

Intern (Former Employee) Radford, VA

Pros- Hands-on experience
    - Learned a lot about drives, motors, and the automation process
    - Worked on projects that made company money

Cons- The internship program needs to be managed better
    - Should have more opportunities for interns to learn and grow

Advice to Senior Management-Keep it up!

Great exposure but terrible politics

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe company has a great deal of prestige. Benefits were excellent. Excellent exposure to new ideas and systems. There was a lot of opportunity for OT as an hourly worker. Will help pay for classes if you are full time.

ConsTerrible politics. Management fails to see potential in anyone unless you have a 4 year degree. Hourly pay is decent for the region but raises arent great.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to see potential in non graduate workers.

Great Overall Place

Senior Sourcing Engineer (Current Employee) Radford, VA

ProsPay and benefits are above average for the area. Good Engineering team and laid back atmosphere which helps promote work life balance.

ConsUpper management is located in their own separate office area away from the general public with doors always shut. Would be nice to interact with them and to share ideas.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake promotions fair and allow competition with the people that kiss "butt:"

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Danaher Motion and Kollmorgan were the same company

Sales Associate (Former Employee) Radford, VA

ProsI worked in the customer service area, Danaher Motion and enjoyed it while I was there. It is a large customer service center that assists companies in purchasing industrial parts. Employees need to learn four different computer operating systems and a large stack of parts catalogs. The management does try to do things to encourage a sense of teamwork and community among the employees. The overall work environment is a good one. I enjoyed my time there and learned a lot about the industry.

ConsThey seem to cycle through hiring a group of employees and then do layoffs and then a few months later hire again. They also seem to do this without regard to the employees being let go. I know of one man who worked in the factory for over 17 years who had a family and young children and he was let go three weeks before Christmas without any warning. So they don't seem to have a "heart" for their employees. They seem to hire and layoff frequently.

Advice to Senior ManagementI would recommend having more areas of specialized customer service regarding the parts being ordered than having employees needing to know stacks and stacks of catalog parts and different systems to enter the parts.

Improvement is integral in the culture

Sales Applications Engineer (Current Employee) Radford, VA

ProsFlat Delegation structure; small hierarchy

ConsLayoffs are corporate decisions; mandiitory vacation

Advice to Senior ManagementN/A

High Turnover

ProsGood experience out of school

Conshigh pressure, unrealistic expectations, good ole boys club, management talks down to regular employees

Advice to Senior Managementmost employees are unhappy and are planning to leave. its not a question of if someone will leave the company, but of when they will leave. morale is very low.

Understaffed

Supply Chain (Current Employee)

ProsCorporate support, good utilization of lean tools, career advancement opportunities, data driven (PRO and CON), pretty sad when you can come up with more cons than pros...

ConsBoys club, understaffed, unrealistic expectations given resources, data driven (PRO and CON), not good a getting rid of dead weight (underperformers) and top-grading talent

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of the underperformers, staff appropriately, have realistic expectations given resources, trust the instinct of those that have the experience

Worked for Kollmorgen? Contribute to the Community!