Konica Minolta Business Solutions U.S.A.

www.kmbs.konicaminolta.us

Konica Minolta Business Solutions U.S.A. Reviews in Ramsey, NJ

Updated Mar 25, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Konica Minolta Business Solutions U.S.A. Chairman & CEO Toshimitsu (Tom) Taiko

Toshimitsu (Tom) Taiko

Pros
  • What u put in u get out - Good Product , support and resources(in 11 reviews)

• Great products backed by a quality service dept(in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management/Executives need to come down out of the ivory tower(in 11 reviews)

• Sales Managers take the call in deals from sales reps and reward friends with the business(in 8 reviews)

12 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Konica Minolta's Tax Department

Tax Intern (Current Employee) Ramsey, NJ

ProsKonica Minolta's headquarters in NJ is a great place to work. The Facilities are nice and the people are friendly. The tax department especially, is full of great co-workers and has a friendly atmosphere that's great for getting some work done while still enjoying your day. I can't speak for the other departments but the tax department definitely had the whole, "happy employees make for hard working employees" type of feel. Each of the buildings also has their own cafeteria with some pretty good food being put out on most days which is a big plus.

ConsThe only downside i can think of would be dealing with rt. 17's traffic in the evening, and that is only a small con.

Antiquated Management, Not open to anything new. Have to beg for any kind of anything.

Middle Manager (Current Employee) Ramsey, NJ

ProsNice people to work with.

ConsNo advancement
    Too many chiefs not enough indians
    Vacation policy is a joke, 2 weeks, but you are never allowed to take any.
    All of management leaves early before a holiday, and no one else is allowed to.
    So many people here with a lot of service years, but no ambition. They only care about quantity not quality of work.

Advice to Senior ManagementCHANGE CHANGE CHANGE

Overall good, large corporation

Clerical (Current Employee) Ramsey, NJ

ProsGreat benefits. Nice working environment

ConsDrop in employee incentives resulting in lack of moral

Advice to Senior Management*Reinstate hour lunch. Half hour lunch results in drop in performance by 3pm as there is not even enough time to go out and revitalize.
    * Re-evaluate annual increase procedure. Should be based on merit. Everyone seems to get the same annual % increase regardless of performance. Increase should be based on performance to encourage employees to excel

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Mediocre

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Ramsey, NJ

ProsGood staff to work with. Intranet courses to improve work skills. updating the facilities to a more professional appearance in addition to going green.

ConsVery poor communications between departments, senior management to middle management and lower employees. Poor communications on projects. No incentives for employees, and salaries could be higher.

Credit Collections Representative

Credit Collections Representative (Former Employee) Ramsey, NJ

ProsMy Coworkers, for the most part, were a fine group of people. My manager was awesome!

ConsThe credit department was never really treated with the respect it deserved. This is a sales oriented organization. The credit department is an integral part of that process and needs to be recognized.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe credit department was never really treated with the respect it deserved. This is a sales oriented organization. The credit department is an integral part of that process and needs to be recognized. A decent incentive program needs to be implemented and not a $50 contest. A bonus structure should be put into place.

KMBS is a worldwide recognized company!!!

Customer Service (Current Employee) Ramsey, NJ

Pros“Leader in the industry." The relationships with my coworkers is the most pleasant I have ever had!
    Furthermore there are countless opportunities to learn.

ConsIt is VERY hard to "stand out" and move up in the company. Don't expect your manager to be much of an advocate or enabler to help you meet your career goals - they are basically trying to survive the stack rank every year too

Advice to Senior ManagementWhat were GREAT benefits are now VERY GOOD a step down and costing the employee more out of pocket.

One of the best company I have worked for

Analyst (Current Employee) Ramsey, NJ

ProsVery balanced work and personal life

ConsRack of interaction between co workers, due to rigidly segregated work responsibility

Advice to Senior Managementhosting year end party will likely to give boost to employees before starting fiscal year ending quarter.

Event Management

Event Marketing (Former Employee) Ramsey, NJ

ProsGrowing company, great products, good service

ConsWas working there during a merger

Advice to Senior ManagementUse some employee engagement process. Discover what employees need to be recognized. Thank them for their contribution.

Excellent Employer, Forward Looking Company.

Sales Manager (Current Employee) Ramsey, NJ

ProsFair Compensation
    Excellent Products
    Excellent Web Presence for Authorized Resellers
    Continuing to Grow During Economically Tough times

ConsSome Middle Management Requires Education on Both Human Relations and Company Policies

Advice to Senior ManagementLook closer at your managers. Some are an excellent resource. Some are in way over their heads and are innefective.

Entitlement, Seniority and Culture of Experts

Business Development Analyst (Current Employee) Ramsey, NJ

ProsNeed a job to pay the bills and get by. Work here forever with good benefits.

ConsSeniority rules especially if you take a look at the average age (and weight lol). Everyone has an attitude of entitlement. I am guessing that it stuck around after the merger and their release of all the young talented employees. Most of all everyone knows more then you and change is irrelevant.

Advice to Senior ManagementJapan is now the 3rd largest economy behind China. Their business structure is out dated. Get with the times. Seniority brings mediocracy. Hire young talent and pay them to take your company to the next level.

Worked for Konica Minolta Business Solutions U.S.A.? Contribute to the Community!