Konica Minolta Business Solutions U.S.A.

www.kmbs.konicaminolta.us
  www.kmbs.konicaminolta.us

Konica Minolta Business Solutions U.S.A. Reviews in Ramsey, NJ

Updated August 29, 2014
Updated August 29, 2014
2.9

Konica Minolta Business Solutions U.S.A. Chairman & CEO Toshimitsu (Tom) Taiko
Toshimitsu (Tom) Taiko

Pros
  • What u put in u get out - Good Product , support and resources (in 11 reviews)

• Great products backed by a quality service dept (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management/Executives need to come down out of the ivory tower (in 11 reviews)

• Sales Managers take the call in deals from sales reps and reward friends with the business (in 8 reviews)

More Highlights

13 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Konica Minolta's Tax Department

Current Employee - Tax Intern  in  Ramsey, NJ
    Current Employee - Tax Intern in Ramsey, NJ

I have been working at Konica Minolta Business Solutions U.S.A. full-time for less than a year

Pros

Konica Minolta's headquarters in NJ is a great place to work. The Facilities are nice and the people are friendly. The tax department especially, is full of great co-workers and has a friendly atmosphere that's great for getting some work done while still enjoying your day. I can't speak for the other departments but the tax department definitely had the whole, "happy employees make for hard working employees" type of feel. Each of the buildings also has their own cafeteria with some pretty good food being put out on most days which is a big plus.

Cons

The only downside i can think of would be dealing with rt. 17's traffic in the evening, and that is only a small con.

Great people to work with, worst management EVER!!! Products are solid but if management stays asleep they'll fall.

Former Employee - Software Engineer  in  Ramsey, NJ
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Ramsey, NJ

I worked at Konica Minolta Business Solutions U.S.A. full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The colleagues from various departments, the travel, decent pay and benefits. Need to go back to old per diem, new plan is very unhealthy, promotes gorging.

Cons

Terrible, meddlesome managers that care only about numbers, my last manager knew NOTHING about what our team does, tried to run us as a hardware group. Worst manager I have had in over 30 years. Also to make things worse, they have "pet employees" who are favored by upper management who will retain their jobs no matter how many other positions they fail in. One also admitted he is overpaid by 60k/yr simply because his boss "likes him"

Get rid of the kiretsu style, bottom kissing method of management, especially middle managers. Get rid of "favored" status for clear losers, merit currently means nothing at KMBS. Some didn't even get performance REVIEWS in over 3 years!!!!!!!!

Antiquated Management, Not open to anything new. Have to beg for any kind of anything.

Current Employee - Middle Manager  in  Ramsey, NJ
    Current Employee - Middle Manager in Ramsey, NJ

I have been working at Konica Minolta Business Solutions U.S.A. full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Nice people to work with.

Cons

No advancement
    Too many chiefs not enough indians
    Vacation policy is a joke, 2 weeks, but you are never allowed to take any.
    All of management leaves early before a holiday, and no one else is allowed to.
    So many people here with a lot of service years, but no ambition. They only care about quantity not quality of work.

CHANGE CHANGE CHANGE

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Overall good, large corporation

Current Employee - Clerical  in  Ramsey, NJ
    Current Employee - Clerical in Ramsey, NJ

I have been working at Konica Minolta Business Solutions U.S.A. full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great benefits. Nice working environment

Cons

Drop in employee incentives resulting in lack of moral

*Reinstate hour lunch. Half hour lunch results in drop in performance by 3pm as there is not even enough time to go out and revitalize.
    * Re-evaluate annual increase procedure. Should be based on merit. Everyone seems to get the same annual % increase regardless of performance. Increase should be based on performance to encourage employees to excel

Mediocre

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Ramsey, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ramsey, NJ

I worked at Konica Minolta Business Solutions U.S.A. full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Good staff to work with. Intranet courses to improve work skills. updating the facilities to a more professional appearance in addition to going green.

Cons

Very poor communications between departments, senior management to middle management and lower employees. Poor communications on projects. No incentives for employees, and salaries could be higher.

Credit Collections Representative

Former Employee - Credit Collections Representative  in  Ramsey, NJ
    Former Employee - Credit Collections Representative in Ramsey, NJ

I worked at Konica Minolta Business Solutions U.S.A. full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

My Coworkers, for the most part, were a fine group of people. My manager was awesome!

Cons

The credit department was never really treated with the respect it deserved. This is a sales oriented organization. The credit department is an integral part of that process and needs to be recognized. A decent incentive program needs to be implemented and not a $50 contest. A bonus structure should be put into place.

KMBS is a worldwide recognized company!!!

Current Employee - Customer Service  in  Ramsey, NJ
    Current Employee - Customer Service in Ramsey, NJ

Pros

“Leader in the industry." The relationships with my coworkers is the most pleasant I have ever had!
    Furthermore there are countless opportunities to learn.

Cons

It is VERY hard to "stand out" and move up in the company. Don't expect your manager to be much of an advocate or enabler to help you meet your career goals - they are basically trying to survive the stack rank every year too

What were GREAT benefits are now VERY GOOD a step down and costing the employee more out of pocket.

One of the best company I have worked for

Current Employee - Analyst  in  Ramsey, NJ
    Current Employee - Analyst in Ramsey, NJ

Pros

Very balanced work and personal life

Cons

Rack of interaction between co workers, due to rigidly segregated work responsibility

hosting year end party will likely to give boost to employees before starting fiscal year ending quarter.

Event Management

Former Employee - Event Marketing  in  Ramsey, NJ
    Former Employee - Event Marketing in Ramsey, NJ

I worked at Konica Minolta Business Solutions U.S.A. as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

Growing company, great products, good service

Cons

Was working there during a merger

Use some employee engagement process. Discover what employees need to be recognized. Thank them for their contribution.

Excellent Employer, Forward Looking Company.

Current Employee - Sales Manager  in  Ramsey, NJ
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in Ramsey, NJ

Pros

Fair Compensation
    Excellent Products
    Excellent Web Presence for Authorized Resellers
    Continuing to Grow During Economically Tough times

Cons

Some Middle Management Requires Education on Both Human Relations and Company Policies

Look closer at your managers. Some are an excellent resource. Some are in way over their heads and are innefective.

Worked for Konica Minolta Business Solutions U.S.A.? Contribute to the Community!