Konica Minolta Business Solutions U.S.A.

www.kmbs.konicaminolta.us

Konica Minolta Business Solutions U.S.A. Reviews

Updated Jul 23, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Konica Minolta Business Solutions U.S.A. Chairman & CEO Toshimitsu (Tom) Taiko

Toshimitsu (Tom) Taiko

Pros
  • What u put in u get out - Good Product , support and resources(in 11 reviews)

• Great products backed by a quality service dept(in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management/Executives need to come down out of the ivory tower(in 11 reviews)

• Sales Managers take the call in deals from sales reps and reward friends with the business(in 8 reviews)

Decent company to work for...

ProsThe opportunities to work with many different businesses is pretty good, because everybody needs our services. The support for all the products sold are very high, and each business that you enter there can be an opportunity.

ConsMicromanagement, a corporate environment where processes and approvals can take a very long time and leave you frustrated. People are always passing projects and "to-dos" off on other people and pointing fingers. Lot of repetition.

Growing company with good people.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat people. Strong work ethic. Opportunities available if willing to adapt to change.

ConsDue to multiple mergers, management is often at odds with each other due to differing agendas. Sometimes does not seem to be a single company working together towards a unified goal.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees as they also can have good ideas.

Major Account Executive

Major Account Executive (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsFlexibility, good B2B Sales foundation, benefits

Conscompensation, lack of inside sales support, inefficiencies, time off policies

Advice to Senior ManagementIncrease pay and invest in inside sales support especially for larger accounts, better incentives to top reps

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good and Bad

Named Account Manager (Current Employee)

ProsManager does not micromanage. Flexible work hours.

ConsNot enough training. Not enough support. It takes too long to get things approved. Special projects and solutions they want you to sell but then when you try you do not have the support you need to be successful. No one really cares about how you are doing unless you are writing big numbers. Some rules do not apply to all employees. Unfair treatment. You have to figure a lot out on your own or from other co workers. Training did not teach us anything about the copier or how it works. It was a lot of information squeezed into two 5 day sessions and no follow up within your own branch to ensure you understand or are using what you learned.

Advice to Senior ManagementBecome more knowledgeable so you can be of better assistance to the Sales Teams.

Industry leader, average employee treatment

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsDefinitely offer outstanding products, tremendous people/teams to work with, excellent online training offering, flexibility in job (particularly field), generally good at bringing teams together fairly regularly.

ConsLimited employee incentives, not all departments have yearly employee reviews so no apparent focus on career development or mobility, tunnel vision with technology and sometimes slow to market with products/partnerships

Advice to Senior Management"Walk the talk". The future is not about copiers which are the ultimate commodities.

proffesional

Field Technician (Former Employee) Las Vegas, NV

ProsA very good service manager,a good team of coworkers and knowledgeable hot line reference assistance, and a very good technical reference knowledge base.

Conscorporate issues , sometimes upper management should not just look at the bottom line , but listen to the local management they have in place.

Advice to Senior Managementgive Craig Fox a well deserved raise, and give the techs that are doing the work a little more recognition in the field.

It was great but this company is not for me.

Sales Manager (Current Employee) San Antonio, TX

ProsThe team, the company and the enviroment

ConsIt was an every day challenge and for me it was way too hard to adjust.

Advice to Senior ManagementThey must work closer with the team

Promises Not Kept

Sales Intern (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsGood for people looking to have a career in Sales after graduating College. It is also a pretty easy internship with very laid back management.

ConsThey do not keep their promises. Not a guaranteed position after the internship is over. They may make you travel frequently.

Overall an ok experience in this industry.

Named Account Executive (Former Employee) McLean, VA

ProsNice people. Flexibility. Decent commision.

ConsLow base. High pressure to beat the streets.

Great Company!

Named Account Executive (Current Employee)

ProsBest job you could ask for straight of college. Potential to gain lots of experience in sales.

ConsCan be a lot of work, but it depends how much you want to put into it. The harder you work the more money you can make.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement is great! Always there to support and guide you and was extremely helpful in the beginning when you are just getting started.

Worked for Konica Minolta Business Solutions U.S.A.? Contribute to the Community!