Konica Minolta Business Solutions U.S.A.
www.kmbs.konicaminolta.us Ramsey, NJ 5000+ Employees

Konica Minolta Business Solutions U.S.A. Reviews

Updated Apr 14, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Konica Minolta Business Solutions U.S.A. President and CEO Nobuo (Ned) Umehara

Nobuo (Ned) Umehara

Pros:
  • "What u put in u get out - Good Product , support and resources"
    in 10 reviews
  • "Average compensation - good benefits"
    in 7 reviews
Cons:
  • "Upper management/Executives need to come down out of the ivory tower"
    in 10 reviews
  • "Sales Managers take the call in deals from sales reps and reward friends with the business"
    in 8 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Great company

Regional Solutions Engineer (Current Employee)
Mechanicsburg, PA

I have been working at Konica Minolta Business Solutions U.S.A. full-time for more than a year

ProsGood salary, good work environment

ConsN/A nothing comes to mind at this time

Advice to Senior ManagementToo many middle managers slow sales process

Vertical Marketing

I have been working at Konica Minolta Business Solutions U.S.A.

ProsGreat specialists and support, concept was good.

ConsKM was a down the street type business , they decided to completely make a change to vertical / major account sales. They wanted to run this similar to a down the street business looking at the clients from the same angle vs looking at the longevity of earning a major account... A struggle.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave both... KM had always excelled in down the street, slowly start with the verticals with a couple of good reps per territory and that is all those two reps would do ... Concentrate and earn the business of major accounts.

A good learning experience

Gardena, CA

I have been working at Konica Minolta Business Solutions U.S.A. full-time for less than a year

ProsLearn about outside sales: cold calling, setting appointments, networking, creating proposals, closing deals and customer service

ConsVery little guidance or structure, you are expected to just go out and keep knocking on doors until you find businesses that want to buy a copier. A lot of rejection and frustration, people closing doors in your face and hanging up on you. Customers will blame you if they have service issues with their machines.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore structure, guidance, and help with time management for new employees would help them get off to a good start so they can avoid having to work harder to catch up later.

Only been here 3 months, so far I have done well but it is very difficult

Chicago, IL

ProsFun corporate culture, promotions are possible in a timely manner if you do well as an account executive. The office is nice with good amenities.

ConsThe pay is not amazing, mainly commission will decide how much money you will make in a year. The training is relatively 0, you are just thrown out into the field to set appointments.

Advice to Senior ManagementSpend more time training new hires

Solid company

Sales (Current Employee)

I have been working at Konica Minolta Business Solutions U.S.A. full-time for more than 5 years

ProsLeader in Multi-Function product line
Less cumbersome organizational structure than most competitors
Good opportunities to learn sales and product skills. Good advancement opportunities.
Average compensation - good benefits

ConsGenerally not structured for Fortune 500 penetration. IT services are SMB focused and team selling is extremely challenged.
Very silo driven company. Lot of internal political issues.
Behind in solutions offerings and still wrapped up in a 30 day sales process.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe vision and strategy from senior management is spot on. Do not assume that middle management is embracing your vision.

Great way to get your foot in the door in the IT field

I have been working at Konica Minolta Business Solutions U.S.A.

Prosmanagement is easy to talk to
location

no animals in office
dont
know
whatelse to say

Advice to Senior Managementcompensation - raise it in the bay area.

Neutral

I have been working at Konica Minolta Business Solutions U.S.A.

ProsYou can earn a good living.

ConsThe internal work processes could be better.

Take this job only if you can't find anything else

Account Executive (Current Employee)

ProsGet your feet wet in tech sales. You can qualify for food stamps and other types of federal aid. Your team members and coworkers are great to work with because they're in the same sinking ship as you are.

ConsWhere do I start. $300 a month for cell phone/gas means corporate has a poor sense of humor at the expense of others. Comp plans are so horrible that closing some deals end up costing YOU money just to get the revenue on the board. Dealers undercut you left and right selling Konica products for a fraction of the price. Management preaches one thing, practices another.

Office morale is extremely low, with certain managers improving this situation with constant negativity. Corporate and management tend to focus on garbage instead of improving present situation. They ask for input from the sales/support team only to make jokes of they have to say AND/OR have zero follow up.

Corporate finds anyway to not pay out on promos/comps. You have to pay the taxes on the president club trip which gets removed from your last paycheck before Christmas.

Advice to Senior ManagementGuys, many of your reps are new in the career of sales! Improve training within the office and you will have less turnover.

Guys, were all on the same team here try and act like it. Chances are most of you will be looking for work within the near future and many of your former employees will be interviewing you.

Eye opening experience

Named Account Executive (Former Employee)
Dallas, TX

I worked at Konica Minolta Business Solutions U.S.A. full-time for less than a year

ProsGreat benefits, decent base pay, protected territory accounts. You got lots of talent to get input for your customers. Training centers really are dedicated to the sales teams.

ConsToo much time spent with preparing proposals, getting approvals w/ managers. Senior reps cherry pick vacant territories for easy sales. You are left w the difficult to reach accounts. Every business is on contract w some competitor and looks at price as main reason to stay or upgrade equipment.not enough flexibility, managers play favorites & distrust the sales persons. You learn thru mistakes rather than being trained right firstly!

Advice to Senior ManagementHigher base pay since most commissions are small per sale.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Account Executive/Named Account Executive

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Konica Minolta Business Solutions U.S.A. full-time for more than a year

ProsGreat starting sales gig. Gets your feet wet into an ultra competitive industry that is pretty cut throat with lots of companies involved. Sales experience & stories will translate well when talking to your next job position since you have already been stomped on, kicked, gut punched, and chewed/spit out yet you at least stuck it out. That is about it for pros, use it as a stepping stone

Conscompensation is a joke, no wonder why they can't retain talent. Your car/gas/whatever allowance doesn't even cover gas. Favoritism within the sales teams meaning some of your accounts in your territory are not yours and belong to the senior reps as a handout, your experience will depend hugely on your manager and branch manager so choose wisely when interviewing. Did I mention, HUGE MICROMANAGEMENT?

Advice to Senior ManagementRetain your new hires with better compensation if you actually want to establish relationships with customers for the long term. Younger generation people do not want to be micromanaged and believe it or not will actually work harder/smarter if you give them the freedom to and not bog them down with pointless reports.

Worked for Konica Minolta Business Solutions U.S.A.? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Konica Minolta Business Solutions U.S.A. reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Konica Minolta Business Solutions U.S.A. CEO Nobuo (Ned) Umehara. All 166 reviews posted anonymously by Konica Minolta Business Solutions U.S.A. employees.