Konica Minolta Business Solutions U.S.A.

www.kmbs.konicaminolta.us
Profile Unclaimed

Named Account Executive

Current Employee - Named Account Executive in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Named Account Executive in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Konica Minolta Business Solutions U.S.A.

Pros

Good entry-level experience. You really learn and implement the entire sales-cycle in your sales. Training program is so-so, as the key to learning everything is having a good team in-house. GREAT product, but needs to learn how to compete in-terms of pricing.

Cons

Handle the entire cycle of the sale, not just the sales-cycle. Poor pay and are given very little in expenses. Minimal increase in base-pay. I have been fortunate enough to have 2 good sales managers, but the other ones do not seem to be effective.

Better pay. Better Branch Management. If the branch continually suffers and there is constant high-turner, more than likely it is the operations and the employee morale.

Decent Salary, Unrealistic Goals in some roles

Current Employee - Account Executive in Stamford, CT
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Stamford, CT

I have been working at Konica Minolta Business Solutions U.S.A. full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

>Decent salary for sales position
    >Potential to make a decent amount in commission
    >Great product

Cons

>Unrealistic goals for reps with smaller account bases
    >Customers don't know the company name, which makes it harder to sell to them
    >Offer way to many products and services

>Follow up on what you say your going to do
    >Lead your team, they won't follow you if you don't

Konica Business Solutions

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Daytona Beach, FL
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Daytona Beach, FL

I worked at Konica Minolta Business Solutions U.S.A. full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Konica is a good place to work because corporate is forward thinking and innovative. They are determined to develop products that will drive revenues and increase cross-selling. Partnerships and acquisitions with companies like All Covered and Swiss Post are good ideas and give grassroots sales reps a lot of weapons to pick and choose from when selling solutions.

Cons

Selling printers is not a wonderful career. If you get stuck in a bad vertical you will feel the consequences and it seems as though upper management is not doing their best to drive motivation and work culture on the branch level.

Develop more motivational tools for sales reps.

Overall a great place to work

Current Employee - Named Account Executive in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Named Account Executive in Minneapolis, MN

Pros

Excellent support from many areas of the business. Forward thinking company that pays well for those that perform. Great expertise brought in when needed for client solutions or problems. Very high level of customer satisfaction emphasized in all areas of company.

Cons

Too many levels of management and a very confusing approval process for many transactions, creating a backlog when trying to perform daily business.

Reduce paperwork and approval process. Also look at all the layers of management that need reporting and scrutiny on business. Many layers of authority seem unnecessary.

Good Products, Great Solutions, Great Support

I have been working at Konica Minolta Business Solutions U.S.A. full-time

Pros

I've never had the support I have at Konica Minolta. In pre sale and post sale they are great.

Cons

I am stuck under a boss I gan't get around or above.

Be a little more careful of who you make a VP. May also re think why there are so many.

Great Company, Great People

Former Intern - Sales Intern in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Intern - Sales Intern in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Konica Minolta Business Solutions U.S.A. as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

Potential for growth, great corporate culture, and great training

Cons

Low Compensation, time demanding, competitive industry

Good B2B Experience

Current Employee - Named Account Executive
    Current Employee - Named Account Executive

I have been working at Konica Minolta Business Solutions U.S.A. full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Good benefits and 401K plan. Good all round experience with the sales process from prospecting, closing, and account management. Managers know what they are doing and have useful advice. They are willing to go on appointments and help close deals whenever needed.

Cons

Not much training, and when there is, not much follow up or exercises to help. Usually consists of an hour long meeting or some kind of webinar and you're expected to continue the learning experience on your own despite all of the other tasks involved in an outside sales role. Base salary is low compared to other AE roles in the Bay Area. If you want to succeed, expect to be working 52+ hours a week.

This has been my least favorite place I've ever worked. I'm giving them the second star for having some many paid holidays off.

Current Employee - Warehouse Worker in Brooks, KY
    Current Employee - Warehouse Worker in Brooks, KY

I have been working at Konica Minolta Business Solutions U.S.A. full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The best that I can say is the benefits are really good & there's always overtime. As stated earlier there are lots of paid holidays off.

Cons

One of the main complaints from the employees is management. Most of the employees wish that some of the management would learn how to be professional & treat the employees better. The other part of management needs to speak up more for their department &/or people. There is always overtime. People are away from their family's more than they should be.

Be professional & treat the employees right. There is no need to belittle people. A building shouldn't be ran on intimations either. Cut back on some of the Overtime.

Ah... management...

I worked at Konica Minolta Business Solutions U.S.A. full-time

Pros

Great local boss, but otherwise...

Cons

National bosses leave a L-O-T to be desired.

Get rid of the DA's (and I don't mean district attorney's).

Great place to work, excellent management team!

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Ramsey, NJ
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Ramsey, NJ

Pros

Excellent co-workers, everyone is always willing and able to help in the office, or out in the field whenever possible.
    Fantastic management and directors. Management is willing to roll up their sleeves and get in the trenches to help with the work load. The management staff is also very approachable and does an excellent job in coaching and development of career paths at Konica Minolta.

Cons

The channel program unfortunately was limited because the Bizhub line could not be sold via the channel, only direct. All other printers and copiers were allowed for the most part to be sold via the channel sales group.

Whomever is doing the hiring, keep them! Konica Minolta has a great eye when it comes to hiring managers and directors that lead their teams to success and a happy work-life balance.