Konica Minolta Business Solutions U.S.A.

www.kmbs.konicaminolta.us
  www.kmbs.konicaminolta.us

Konica Minolta Business Solutions U.S.A. Reviews

Updated December 17, 2014
Updated December 17, 2014
2.8

Konica Minolta Business Solutions U.S.A. Chairman & CEO Toshimitsu (Tom) Taiko
Toshimitsu (Tom) Taiko

Pros
  • What u put in u get out - Good Product , support and resources (in 11 reviews)

• Great products backed by a quality service dept (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management/Executives need to come down out of the ivory tower (in 14 reviews)

• Sales Managers take the call in deals from sales reps and reward friends with the business (in 8 reviews)

More Highlights

This company suffers from poor management, deteriorating industry, unhealthy products, and very poor compensation.

Former Employee - Administrator/Receptionist in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Administrator/Receptionist in Dallas, TX

I worked at Konica Minolta Business Solutions U.S.A. full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The paycheck is on time.

Cons

Provide employees with better training, more room for advancement, and more competitive compensation.

Horrible company culture, horrible favortism, horrible management and HR support!

Former Employee - Named Account Executive in Miami Lakes, FL
    Former Employee - Named Account Executive in Miami Lakes, FL

I worked at Konica Minolta Business Solutions U.S.A. full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good name on resume from a company that is worldwide and having equipment sales experience. That's about it.

Cons

Deals are handed to those who are favored, deals are taken away for it not being in your "vertical" even though you got a a referral or found the deal and again handed to someone who is favored. Management are very rude, harassing, abusive and unfair. No help or support for new hires, new hires aren't sent to sales training immediately, they make you try to figure it out on your own and them harassing you to bring in deals as a new hire after months of that you pretty much have to beg them to go to official sales training. Company rules are different for everyone depending on who you are, again favortism. If you are treated unfairly and call HR, good luck cause HR people are just as bad and are long time friends with the management and back them up and protect them not the new employee. Very extremely high turnover rate. My office alone had about 35 people come and go within a year. All because of what I mentioned above. Stay FAR away from this company if you want to work in a good healthy environment to make money and grow. No I'm not a bitter ex employee. I decided to leave because of personal family decisions and moved out of state. Just letting future prospect employees to beware!

Get a grip! Stop harassing and abusing your employees, support them, stop the FAVORTISM, help them learn and grow, and maybe the'll actually prosper and be successful and stay in the company rather than start and quit within a few months which in turn means KMBS has to spend time to rehire and retrain and lose money in the end.

The culture of the company deteriorated around 2009 and has never been the same

I worked at Konica Minolta Business Solutions U.S.A. full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Company develops leading edge, competitive products

Cons

After the last merger there was tremendous patronage shown towards one of the former companies

Get out of your ivory tower and into the field to see what's really going on with your employees

Great benefits, horrible mgmt and commission structure.

Former Employee - Senior Account Executive in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Senior Account Executive in Phoenix, AZ

Pros

Excellent health benefits and nice 401K match if you can last 5 years ... which in sales is not economically feasible. My training was adequate and my co-workers were awesome. They would help any way possible including going on sales calls that involved unfamiliar circumstances. My sales team manager was great at the beginning until new upper mgmt arrived.

Cons

Shortly after joining the company they changed the commission structure, then did it again less than a year later. Both were not employee friendly. Many long-time sales associates left just before and soon after I was hired. They knew you could not make a decent wage.
    When the new sales mgr was hired, the whole office environment and morale changed. He made sales team mgrs micro-manage and daily sales activity could not be planned in a time and mileage effective manner. They stopped treating us like sales professionals and started treating us like we were trying to cheat the company.

Hire good employees, instead of your old cronies and relatives, and then treat them like the professionals they are. I was highly successful before joining KMBS and I am a top regional producer for my current company, that treats me with respect and dignity. Your loss, my gain.

Great people to work with, worst management EVER!!! Products are solid but if management stays asleep they'll fall.

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Ramsey, NJ
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Ramsey, NJ

I worked at Konica Minolta Business Solutions U.S.A. full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The colleagues from various departments, the travel, decent pay and benefits. Need to go back to old per diem, new plan is very unhealthy, promotes gorging.

Cons

Terrible, meddlesome managers that care only about numbers, my last manager knew NOTHING about what our team does, tried to run us as a hardware group. Worst manager I have had in over 30 years. Also to make things worse, they have "pet employees" who are favored by upper management who will retain their jobs no matter how many other positions they fail in. One also admitted he is overpaid by 60k/yr simply because his boss "likes him"

Get rid of the kiretsu style, bottom kissing method of management, especially middle managers. Get rid of "favored" status for clear losers, merit currently means nothing at KMBS. Some didn't even get performance REVIEWS in over 3 years!!!!!!!!

Intern- Business

Current Employee - Intern
    Current Employee - Intern

I have been working at Konica Minolta Business Solutions U.S.A. as an intern (more than an year)

Pros

Very relaxed employment opportunity. Friendly atmosphere between employees, my direct managers were fantastic and helpful throughout

Cons

Upper management treats Interns as though we are worth less than nothing. Most of the time they will not even acknowledge Interns existence and would not be interested in working for Konica over other corporations

Work with your lower management more/ and become more appropriate around all employees

KM has been a good experience to star out at. It's great for getting into an entry-level sales job.

Current Employee - Named Account Executive in Fort Worth, TX
    Current Employee - Named Account Executive in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at Konica Minolta Business Solutions U.S.A. full-time (more than an year)

Pros

401K, Work/Life Balance, personal growth, uncapped commissions

Cons

Low Starting salary, $32K. No on going training. No support from upper management

Be there for your team members to support. No support whatsoever.

Good Company to Work For

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Pros

Tons of upside as far as commission goes.

Cons

back-order issues can cause the reps to not hit their bonus and lose lots of $$$.

Love working for KM, tighten up the inventory so back-orders become less of an issue.

A big let down!!!

Current Employee - Warehouse Worker in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Warehouse Worker in Houston, TX

I have been working at Konica Minolta Business Solutions U.S.A. full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits. pay,knowledge and meeting a couple of good people.

Cons

Supervisors who engender, promote and maintain a hostile environment as well as allowing theft of company time.

Managers who allow theft of company time and fail to lead in a professional manner.

Low moral legal standards.

Set and hold higher standards for ethics, morals, policies and background checks. Keep a closer eye on employees- time clocks, cameras etc. You will save large amounts of money

Decent company to work for...

I have been working at Konica Minolta Business Solutions U.S.A. full-time

Pros

The opportunities to work with many different businesses is pretty good, because everybody needs our services. The support for all the products sold are very high, and each business that you enter there can be an opportunity.

Cons

Micromanagement, a corporate environment where processes and approvals can take a very long time and leave you frustrated. People are always passing projects and "to-dos" off on other people and pointing fingers. Lot of repetition.