Konica Minolta Business Solutions U.S.A.

www.kmbs.konicaminolta.us
  www.kmbs.konicaminolta.us

Konica Minolta Business Solutions U.S.A. Reviews

Updated September 11, 2014
Updated September 11, 2014
2.9

Konica Minolta Business Solutions U.S.A. Chairman & CEO Toshimitsu (Tom) Taiko
Toshimitsu (Tom) Taiko

Pros
  • What u put in u get out - Good Product , support and resources (in 11 reviews)

• Great products backed by a quality service dept (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management/Executives need to come down out of the ivory tower (in 11 reviews)

• Sales Managers take the call in deals from sales reps and reward friends with the business (in 8 reviews)

More Highlights

Account Executive/Named Account Executive

I worked at Konica Minolta Business Solutions U.S.A. full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great starting sales gig. Gets your feet wet into an ultra competitive industry that is pretty cut throat with lots of companies involved. Sales experience & stories will translate well when talking to your next job position since you have already been stomped on, kicked, gut punched, and chewed/spit out yet you at least stuck it out. That is about it for pros, use it as a stepping stone

Cons

compensation is a joke, no wonder why they can't retain talent. Your car/gas/whatever allowance doesn't even cover gas. Favoritism within the sales teams meaning some of your accounts in your territory are not yours and belong to the senior reps as a handout, your experience will depend hugely on your manager and branch manager so choose wisely when interviewing. Did I mention, HUGE MICROMANAGEMENT?

Retain your new hires with better compensation if you actually want to establish relationships with customers for the long term. Younger generation people do not want to be micromanaged and believe it or not will actually work harder/smarter if you give them the freedom to and not bog them down with pointless reports.

Konica Minolta's Tax Department

Current Employee - Tax Intern  in  Ramsey, NJ
    Current Employee - Tax Intern in Ramsey, NJ

I have been working at Konica Minolta Business Solutions U.S.A. full-time for less than a year

Pros

Konica Minolta's headquarters in NJ is a great place to work. The Facilities are nice and the people are friendly. The tax department especially, is full of great co-workers and has a friendly atmosphere that's great for getting some work done while still enjoying your day. I can't speak for the other departments but the tax department definitely had the whole, "happy employees make for hard working employees" type of feel. Each of the buildings also has their own cafeteria with some pretty good food being put out on most days which is a big plus.

Cons

The only downside i can think of would be dealing with rt. 17's traffic in the evening, and that is only a small con.

DO NOT INTERN HERE.

Former Employee - Sales Intern
    Former Employee - Sales Intern

I worked at Konica Minolta Business Solutions U.S.A. as an intern for less than a year

Pros

You can do whatever you want. Do your homework! Watch TV! Binge on your favorite netflix show, for 4 months.

Cons

This is THE worst internship I have had. And I have done several throughout college. Throughout my 4 month internship, I got to go out in the field 4 times total. I was given several "projects" that never took more than an hour. I sat 8-5 three days a week, doing nothing of value to a "sales internship." If you are looking to learn something or actually further your sales career, this is NOT the internship to do it. It is a waste of time and money, both yours and the company's. It was not a welcoming environment. At the end of the 4 months, 5 people had ever even said a word to me.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Account Executive

I have been working at Konica Minolta Business Solutions U.S.A.

Pros

Good work environment, lots of promotions

Cons

Culture and office environment isn't the best

Account Executive

Current Employee - Account Executive  in  Anaheim, CA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Anaheim, CA

Pros

No pros. Just gets you experience to apply to another job.

Cons

Does not respect employees so turnover is high.

Give up, paper is dead.

Horrible company culture for techs link

I have been working at Konica Minolta Business Solutions U.S.A. full-time

Pros

Stable work. Atleasyt you get benefits. That's it

Cons

Management only cares about numbers. They don't care about the workers or the customers, only about hitting the targets that their managers give them. Despite increasing revenue, techs get pitiful raises. Workload is very heavy, at times unreasonable, and their is little actual local support. Stress levels are very high for many techs. Management constantly try to get you to take on more training and consequently handle more responsibilities, but will not move your salary along in a commensurate way. I hate this company, I'm only there because it pays the bills

Pay respectable salaries, internally review morale and make the necessary changes. A company is as good as its people. You have a lot of unhappy employees. How long do you think this business model is going to last

Take this job only if you can't find anything else

Current Employee - Account Executive
    Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at Konica Minolta Business Solutions U.S.A. full-time for more than a year

Pros

Get your feet wet in tech sales. You can qualify for food stamps and other types of federal aid. Your team members and coworkers are great to work with because they're in the same sinking ship as you are.

Cons

Where do I start. $300 a month for cell phone/gas means corporate has a poor sense of humor at the expense of others. Comp plans are so horrible that closing some deals end up costing YOU money just to get the revenue on the board. Dealers undercut you left and right selling Konica products for a fraction of the price. Management preaches one thing, practices another.

Office morale is extremely low, with certain managers improving this situation with constant negativity. Corporate and management tend to focus on garbage instead of improving present situation. They ask for input from the sales/support team only to make jokes of they have to say AND/OR have zero follow up.

Corporate finds anyway to not pay out on promos/comps. You have to pay the taxes on the president club trip which gets removed from your last paycheck before Christmas.

Guys, many of your reps are new in the career of sales! Improve training within the office and you will have less turnover.

Guys, were all on the same team here try and act like it. Chances are most of you will be looking for work within the near future and many of your former employees will be interviewing you.

Solutions makes me want to gauge my eyes out

Former Employee - Senior Account Executive
    Former Employee - Senior Account Executive

I worked at Konica Minolta Business Solutions U.S.A. full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

I actually made pretty good money after being there a while. The copiers are good and President's club is a really good time.

Cons

Selling anything other than boxes is a waste of time. Actually going through the process of selling a customer a software solution at KM is a fools errand. First, the software pays horribly even if you don't discount it. Second, there is a horrible disconnect between the people that actually install the solution and the people that do all of the discovery of what the customer actually needs. Then when the customer starts asking the installers for what they were promised, the 3rd party vendor starts talking about "scope creep" Prism was especially bad every time I sold it. The only thing worth selling out of the solutions catalog is Unity because even on a low deal you can slip it in at retail to actually make a commission.

If you want to truly transition to a "solutions services company" instead of a revolving door for box slingers, then act like it. Make the solutions attractive to sell from a commission standpoint, hire people to actually manage the install and configuration of the software that is sold like a project, and if you want anyone to actually pay for all covered services make them competitive. Anytime anyone in my branch ever got an all covered quote in a competitive situation it was ridiculous. Frequently 2 to 3 times the price of the next highest quote.

IF you want to make money - avoid this place at all costs.

Former Employee - Sales Representative
    Former Employee - Sales Representative

I worked at Konica Minolta Business Solutions U.S.A. full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

They have great health insurance, 401K plan and benefits. They have outstanding products and lead the way in technology (MFP Product).

Cons

They have good intentions, but no focus or training programs that roll out smoothly to new sales associates. They are scatter brained and have little to no communication internally. Customer service is not on the forefront. They try and cover to many offerings and specialize in none. CRM is useless and there is no level of responsibility to use it, fix it or find new business to enter into it. There is no accountability. No chance of advancement. Commission is non existent even when you hit your quota. They are all box slingers.

Practice what you preach. Embrace technology. Cold Call and find new business.

Antiquated Management, Not open to anything new. Have to beg for any kind of anything.

Current Employee - Middle Manager  in  Ramsey, NJ
    Current Employee - Middle Manager in Ramsey, NJ

I have been working at Konica Minolta Business Solutions U.S.A. full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Nice people to work with.

Cons

No advancement
    Too many chiefs not enough indians
    Vacation policy is a joke, 2 weeks, but you are never allowed to take any.
    All of management leaves early before a holiday, and no one else is allowed to.
    So many people here with a lot of service years, but no ambition. They only care about quantity not quality of work.

CHANGE CHANGE CHANGE

Worked for Konica Minolta Business Solutions U.S.A.? Contribute to the Community!