Kony Reviews

Reset
3.3
Kony CEO Thomas E. Hogan
Thomas E. Hogan

Pros
  • Good pay nice working conditions (in 12 reviews)

• Flexible timings in the platform team (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • No work/life balance due to poor planning (in 17 reviews)

• bad work culture and lots of pressure on employees (in 8 reviews)

1. Featured Review

How can you NOT Want to Join Kony?

Pros

When you look at the leadership team's background of the companies they have worked at for decades before joining Kony Inc., you know this is the band wagon you want to jump on. This leadership team has a vision. They know what the competitor is thinking, and building a team and products that will outshine the next. This is a company that hires Quality over Quantity, so if you are just looking for a job...Kony is not the place for you. With this company at the beginning stages, they value each and every person's opinion of what works and doesn't work. Being part of this development is a huge step in my career and honored I was selected be apart of this journey.

Cons

Since the company is new... the person coming into the position expertise is immediately used and no real formal training. Its more throwing your experience into the mix and hope it rises in the oven instead of falling flat.

2. Great Company to work!!

Current Employee - Senior Director in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Senior Director in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Kony full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Excellent product Plenty of career opportunities due to the size of the company and its a growing company

Cons

Not many.. Except there are some egoistic managers who care less about your work and worry more about pleasing their bosses... Got to be a Yes Man to prosper & survive. Like any company there are some bad apples!!

Advice to Management

Great work after taking over from old management especially the employee focus.

3. Fastest Moving Company in Mobility

Current Employee - Business Development in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Business Development in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Kony full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fast-paced company in the right industry at the right time. I feel like I've gone back to school for my computer science degree working here. I've learned so much about technology and so many different industries...and more importantly - how to apply technology in those industries to achieve real business benefit. Lots of great people work there - all smart and lots of fun to hang out with. Check out Gartner's latest MADP Magic Quadrant report or their Critical Capabilities for MADPs report - we're #1! This company is going places and while it's a rollercoaster of ups and downs, I'm holding on for the ride. Great pay, fantastic benefits, awesome products!

Cons

Can be stressful at times because expectations are high of people who come to work here. If you're a lazy person or expect to have deals just land on your lap without you having to work for them, don't bother applying. However, if you're a hard worker, a fast learner and have a passion for leveraging technology to change the world, I can't think of a better place to work.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work - we'll break through!

5. Account General Manager (Sales)

Current Employee - Assistant General Manager in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Assistant General Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at Kony full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Tom Hogan and John Joyce are great leaders! The products are, far and away, best in class. A lot of autonomy that lets people do their jobs.

Cons

Since much of management is only been here about a year, some issues still need to be figured out. At times, there is a lot of "heavy" lifting to get things done.

Great products better management

Former Employee - Senior Vice President in Decatur, GA
    Former Employee - Senior Vice President in Decatur, GA

I worked at Kony (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good to see that the company has new management. The products are amazing. Great company.

Cons

The mobile market seems to be a bit flakey and will hopefully come back around.

Advice to Management

Be sure you have the "right" expectations of what customers are willing to spend on mobile.

7. Invigorating

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Kony full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Outstanding place to work. New offices in Austin match the city's vine and the company's trajectory. New leadership is making a real difference in culture, product maturity and customer experience

Cons

It's a fast paced environment matched with a fast paced company. Have to lace up your track shoes if you want to keep pace.

Advice to Management

Keep investing this market is hot and the company will continue to grow. Talent is key. Austin is the place to get it

Revolving Door Defined

Former Employee - Platform Product Manager in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Platform Product Manager in Orlando, FL

I worked at Kony full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Met some outstanding colleagues before most splintered off elsewhere. Other than that it was all cons and a matter of time before finding the right exit.

Cons

Ineffective and disorganized, company is largely controlled 13-1/2 time zones away, directly or indirectly. Very early or late Skype meetings that abound with lack of clarity and decisiveness.

Advice to Management

Invest in professional product development resources with a proven track record, and quality and scalability will follow. A company without vision and core values quickly becomes a nutty mess of opportunists and wanderers.

9. Web Graphic Designer

Current Employee - Web Graphic Designer in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Web Graphic Designer in Austin, TX

Pros

Kony institutes a very friendly and creative atmosphere, combining the exciting fresh feelings of a start-up with the structure and stability of a long-standing business.

Cons

Not considering working here earlier.

Advice to Management

Keep it up. Communicate.

10. Great place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Kony full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There is a lot of freedom to do what is necessary, and I have yet to meet a fellow employee with a bad attitude or non-constructive criticism. The work is exciting and the value I supply to the company is readily apparent to myself and nearly everyone who knows what I do. The company is also extremely gracious when it comes to unexpected life events.

Cons

While many people make a commendable salary, I was hired at a point where I was willing to settle for less than I'm worth, and haven't made much progress towards that level in my years working here. It is a very "hit the ground running and don't stop" work ethic, which is not for everyone. One likely will not last long if you require having your hand held or to be told what to do on a daily basis.

11. Great Place to work with enthusiasm

Current Employee - Senior Director, Business Systems, CIO in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Senior Director, Business Systems, CIO in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Kony full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Complete Liberty and have freedom to implement your ideas. Great teams to interact with and super smart guys all around

Cons

Some times stressful which is due to the initiatives that you drive

Advice to Management

Company is great and is moving in the right direction

RSS Feed </> Embed