Kony

Updated January 29, 2015
3.1

Kony CEO Thomas E. Hogan
Thomas E. Hogan

Pros
  • Flexible office hours, good pay and sophisticated environment (in 12 reviews)

• Work with latest technologies, flexible timings (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • The work/life balance is poor; there's just too much to get done (in 17 reviews)

• No work/life balance due to poor planning (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

great team to work with!

I have been working at Kony

Pros

Great team across the board. I've been working with Kony for less than a year, and have thoroughly enjoyed my experience. It definitely feels like a start-up. Everyone wears multiple hats and is empowered to do so- which is liberating after working for a large, corporate environment. I work remotely but am in contact with my team members every day via chat, etc. Regardless of level, everyone is very accessible and down to earth, which I find particularly refreshing.

Cons

Can be a rough start for some- especially those that have not worked in a start-up environment and are expecting a lot of guidance.

Great Company

I worked at Kony

Pros

This is a good company to work for, fast paced environment, always changing, great support team and managers that know what they are doing.

Cons

Didn't see many cons in the company

Keep advancing and improving

How can you NOT Want to Join Kony?

I have been working at Kony

Pros

When you look at the leadership team's background of the companies they have worked at for decades before joining Kony Inc., you know this is the band wagon you want to jump on. This leadership team has a vision. They know what the competitor is thinking, and building a team and products that will outshine the next. This is a company that hires Quality over Quantity, so if you are just looking for a job...Kony is not the place for you. With this company at the beginning stages, they value each and every person's opinion of what works and doesn't work. Being part of this development is a huge step in my career and honored I was selected be apart of this journey.

Cons

Since the company is new... the person coming into the position expertise is immediately used and no real formal training. Its more throwing your experience into the mix and hope it rises in the oven instead of falling flat.

Developer

I worked at Kony

Pros

faster growth , good salary , great hikes

Cons

limited to a few languages, platform.

Building Momentum......

I have been working at Kony

Pros

I have been at Kony now for 6 months and it has been a challenging and exciting ride. There has been a lot of change due to a new management team but change that I feel is needed and exciting. Our new leadership team continues to make great strides in taking Kony to the next level. We continue to gain recognition in the marketplace, bring new customer wins to the table, and further enhance our products and services. The culture of Kony continues to improve and the transparent communication around our business goals, successes and failures is very much appreciated. I am excited to be here at Kony and feel my work matters and makes a difference!

Cons

There is a lot of work to be done and so I have a lot on my plate. Sometimes it can seem endless but understand why. Definitely pressure to perform but I am up for the challenge.

continue to communicate to employees our progress, successes and failures so that we understand where we are and where we are going.

No committed focus forward, reactionary

Former Employee - Marketing in San Mateo, CA
    Former Employee - Marketing in San Mateo, CA

I worked at Kony full-time

Pros

fun office vibe, nice people for the most part

Cons

reactionary, no clear marketing goals or road map. can be depressing as you don't feel like you are making progress.

He won't listen, don't bother

Having an impact right out of the gate

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Kony full-time (less than a year)

Pros

It is amazing how much impact you can have in a short period of time. If you have a good idea, data and experience to back it up, and a plan to execute, you can do almost anything ! Everyone is eager to learn, and there is no "not invented here" at Kony. I see Kony as a great environment to apply the things I've learned in 25+ years in marketing and sales enablement, without being held back by unnecessary processes or negative attitudes.

Cons

The company is highly distributed. VTC and phone meetings are the rule, and it's not always easy to build relationships and rapport that way.

I love where Kony is going, and will do whatever I can to help get us there. Just like T-Mobile is the "un-carrier", Kony could be the "un-IT Company". Being in Gartner's magic quadrant for mobile application development platforms lends credibility to our capabilities. Let's package and communicate our value to our clients' businesses more effectively than old-time IT providers like IBM and SAP.

Great first two weeks

I have been working at Kony full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Very fast paced, client focused and leader in the industry. Decisions are made quickly and upcoming products are going to be well received in the market.

New leadership is some of the best in the industry and will be great for partners and clients.

Cons

Formal training is coming up to speed, but expectation is you hit the ground running. As with any company this size you are going to be forced to figure some stuff out along the way. Most view that as a positive.

Great place to make a contribution to the success of the business in enterprise mobility.

I have been working at Kony full-time (less than a year)

Pros

meaningful impact, opportunity to grow and learn, exciting to be part of the fast moving mobile enterprise market with great technology. Industry leading technology that is well matched to the need of the mobile time enterprise. Kony enables organizations to develop apps once and run anywhere on multiple types of mobile devices.

Cons

Putting systems in place to make things happen faster as well as good organizational alignment between the different organizations.

Provide ongoing feedback to team on success of the business, help organization to focus with limited resources

I can't tell yet.....

I have been working at Kony full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Brand new leadership across the board. I guess that could be a con too. But all the new leaders seem super smart and seem to really care about the future of the company. I can't imagine what it was like before they came on board because everyone seems so optimistic.

Cons

Brand new leadership across the board. Everything is moving SUPER fast. If you can't play ball then I suspect you will be out.

Momentum is good, but make sure the team knows what you need and expect of them! People are ready to pitch in and do the work, but you have to provide direction!