Kony Reviews

Updated September 17, 2014
3.2

Kony CEO Thomas E. Hogan
Thomas E. Hogan

Pros
  • Good pay check comparing to similar jobs in Orlando area (in 11 reviews)

• Work with latest technologies, flexible timings (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance may be difficult to maintain (in 14 reviews)

• No work/life balance due to poor planning (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

It's a new day at Kony!

Current Employee - Sales  in  Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Sales in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Kony full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great space - fun, dynamic, growing!
    New leadership is great, very experienced - breathe of fresh air! Totally reinvigorated the entire company and we are poised for greatness!

Cons

Space is constantly changing, but if you are up for a challenge this is a positive, not a negative! Huge earning potential in years to come!

Make sure you give the company the time it needs to mature, don't make short sited moves. Fully commit to development of people, turnover can be extremely costly. Loyalty and skill is winning combination!

Technology, Team, Culture

Current Employee - Director of Product Marketing  in  San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Director of Product Marketing in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Kony full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I've been with Kony for almost three years now and the growth we've had has been amazing. We've attracted top tier leadership and retained amazing entrepreneurs. We're building a global powerhouse. Pro's include team, communication, technology, leadership, comp and work/life flexibility. I get paid well, work hard, and am able to carry on my personal life.

Cons

This company moves fast. I consider that a good thing, but not all would.

I would suggest management keep a very close eye on the evolving market and competition and pay extra attention to making sure that the organization is aligned to the CEO vision -- good job at this so far, just need to be sure it's kept up.

Kony New Hire!

Current Employee - Director  in  Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Director in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Kony full-time for less than a year

Pros

I recently joined Kony in the U.S. and am excited and energized by the people and the company culture. Kony is already a great company but it's definitely positioned to become even better. I'm very excited to join the team for this exciting adventure!

Cons

I don't see any evidence of current or potential issues, other than the usual growing pains that any company in this stage of the evolutionary process would have.

Continue to actively integrate the new executive management team and improve internal processes and efficiencies.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

The Place to Be!!

Current Employee - Director  in  Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Director in Austin, TX

I have been working at Kony full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great people, fun team environment, great energy, love the mobility space, LOVE the new leadership team - we are positioned to do amazing things!

Pay and benefits are fantastic!

Cons

New leadership team just needs a little time to get traction. We need to continue to focus on systems, processes and efficiencies.

I'm extremely excited about our potential as a company under this new leadership team. Continue to communicate to employees and operate with transparency. We are headed in the right direction - Keep it coming!

Exciting time to be at Kony - Great place to grow a career and shape the future!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Kony full-time for less than a year

Pros

Gartner MQ leader, exciting market position, seasoned new executive team that have worked in exceptional companies and have proven track records, clear focus and goals. The environment is rapidly improving and positive momentum is building. This is not a place to come if you want a 9-5 status quo job. If you want to shape the future of mobility and work with a great team of people - Kony is the place to be.

Cons

It is up to each of us to manage priorities in a very fast environment. This can be overwhelming at times. As with many late stage start-ups, processes and tools are continuing to evolve.

Stay focused and keep driving changes.

The Eye of the Hurricane in Mobile Applications

I have been working at Kony for less than a year

Pros

A chance to make major contributions given Kony is still a pure play independent. The new executive team is seasoned and committed to balancing performance with a strong set of ethics and values. Finally, the opportunity to play on a winning team.

Cons

We have a ton of competition....especially from the large companies.....to succeed everyone needs to work harder and smarter and our success is not guaranteed.

You have established a strong vision and strategy.....give it the time it needs to flourish....it will take time but we can get there.

Hold On Tight, Your In For a Great Ride

Current Employee - Human Resources Manager  in  Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Human Resources Manager in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Kony full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

This company delivers a strong product that you can have full confidence in. We have a reputation to be proud of in the technology industry. Kony has a fast-paced work environment, your skills are utilized at a maximum level, and a great senior leadership team. The senior leadership team at Kony is dedicated to it's success and their enthusiasm is felt company wide.

Cons

Typical growing pains from a start up company to a large organization. Nothing to spend too much time on. The opportunities for improvement have been identified, and are being addressed and resolved.

Continue the upward thrust that we are currently on. Continue to remain positive!

Great exposure, fantastic learning environment!

Current Employee - Recruiting Coordinator  in  Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Recruiting Coordinator in Austin, TX

I have been working at Kony as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Great time to get involved with many different project and parts of the company. In the short time I've been at Kony I've been given more opportunities to learn and work on important projects than I ever did at my last position. Senior people want to train and grow their employees not just for their career at Kony but beyond.
    Extremely friendly/talented people who want to grow the business.

Cons

As to be expected, with a new exec staff there is a lot of change taking place and things are moving a million miles a minute.

Great enthusiasm throughout the company! Looking forward to continuing the Kony journey and watching the company grow

Excited to be a part of Kony!

I have been working at Kony full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

With the amazing leadership team that has joined in the last 6 months, we now have a unified strategy & vision to grow the company to its fullest potential. Top talent, amazing product, excellent pay & benefits, always opportunity to learn and grow! What more can you ask for???

Cons

A lot of changes over the last several years with regard to leadership and strategy. This has been resolved with the recent changes in leadership

To the new Leadership Team... Keep it up! Your experience, passion, vision, and investment in people & product are exactly what we need.

Phenomenal culture/incredible Salesforce retooling and customer excellence benchmark focus! We are going to win!

Current Employee - Sales Growth  in  Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Sales Growth in Boston, MA

I have been working at Kony as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Incredible leadership, nicely rebranded and retooled. They hired the best C level and made many upgrades. I think there is a bright future here. Getting Tom Hogan as the CEO says everything about us and where we are going! I feel at home.

Cons

Moving very quickly which is actually exciting. I think people don't realize how much change towards excellence and best practices s happening here. Message of positive change needs to get delivered super quickly to the outside world.

Continue to hire great leaders. Your SVP of HR, CEO, Senior Director of Recruiting are amazing. Continue to brand the culture the way you are. Also the longer sales cycles and quality you are putting into your product demos and customer facing visual efforts is a new industry standard. .

Worked for Kony? Contribute to the Community!