Kony

Be The First To
Add Photos

Kony CEO Thomas E. Hogan

Thomas E. Hogan

Pros
  • Work with latest technologies, flexible timings(in 11 reviews)

• Good pay check comparing to similar jobs in Orlando area(in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance may be difficult to maintain(in 14 reviews)

• No work/life balance due to poor planning(in 6 reviews)

The New Kony - A powerful future

Manager (Current Employee) San Jose, CA

ProsI've worked at this company for over a year now and while there had been some growing pains, it has been well worth the push to get through them. This is a fun, fast paced atmosphere where thinking outside the box, and innovating is expected. As a team member I really see and feel my impact and my opinions are respected. The management and the people are what make the culture, and Kony has brought on some of the best and brightest in software, cloud, and mobility.

ConsThere have been some growing pains, but it has all been worth the push. We've lost some good people with all the change, but are bringing in some GREAT people.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue the strategy and culture transformation. I can feel the impact already. Kony is going from Good to Great! Keep up the open communication.

Exciting Times Ahead!

ProsThe people, company vision, products, and executive team are all top Notch! We have an incredible market opportunity to be the leader in our space.

ConsThere is a lot of change underway due to new leadership which is common and requires patience, flexibility, and the willingness and desire to work in a highly dynamic environment that is fast-paced. I think this time is exciting and look forward to the changes that will take place.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to frequently communicate your vision, goals and progress to the employee base.

Manager

Manager (Current Employee) Orlando, FL

ProsScrewy, machine gun approach to planning and marketing, and thats the positive.

ConsReally screwy. lazy executives more concerned with perks than work. Big pay and little to no impact. Disloyalty in the ranks and no regard for the people who have worked hard over the years. The new executive team is a joke.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou are ruining Kony.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great pay, complete chaos

Manager (Current Employee) Orlando, FL

Prosgood pay, good benefits, and reasonable work-life balance

Consmismanaged company, ad-hoc reactive culture. constantly chasing its tail, putting out fires, no strategy - neither business nor product.

Advice to Senior Managementkill off the unproductive areas, and focus on ONE thing that can win. Get 12-18 months ahead of the market and go for it. It's not too late to turn this around.

Where much is given, much is expected.

Solutions Engineer (Current Employee)

ProsWork with great people, all top of their game
    Pay is typically ahead of the market
    Great support all around, feels like a larger organization
    High Energy, in this way feels like a smaller company
    Brand new CEO. Adjustments to culture and company are positive.

ConsFirst few months are stressful.
    Expectations are very high.

Advice to Senior ManagementPromote more team collaboration. Most team members are spread internationally so synergy isn't as good as it could be. Lessons learned have a slow trickle down effect. Get creative and look for ways for varied teams to share, interact, & grow.

Very Chaotic. No proper organization

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsEasy to progress in a project environment with hard work.
    The experience will look great on resume. Nice exposure to mobile related technologies

ConsNo value for the work you do outside the company.
    There is no transparency in the organization.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop treating employees like machines. Follow a bottom up approach rather than top down.

Company in turmoil

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosgood pay in a great industry

Consexecutive turnover and lack of company vision

Salty, but Sweet

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Orlando, FL

ProsFlexibility
    Diversity
    Ability to work from home

ConsProfessionalism
    Not what you know but who you know

Advice to Senior ManagementGet out and get to know employees

A mistake

Vice President Marketing (Former Employee) San Mateo, CA

ProsDomain expertise in the area of mobile

ConsIncompetent management team that floundered

Advice to Senior ManagementIt's too late

Crazy roller coaster ride

BDR (Current Employee) Orlando, FL

ProsThis is a great industry that is growing and changing all the time. Kony is a leader in this space.

ConsEverything changes all the time. From position responsibilities, to management, to products, it can be tough to keep up with everything.

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove the culture

Worked for Kony? Contribute to the Community!