Kony

Updated December 8, 2014
3.1

Kony CEO Thomas E. Hogan
Thomas E. Hogan

Pros
  • Flexible office hours, good pay and sophisticated environment (in 12 reviews)

• Work with latest technologies, flexible timings (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • The work/life balance is poor; there's just too much to get done (in 17 reviews)

• No work/life balance due to poor planning (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

Great first two weeks

I have been working at Kony full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Very fast paced, client focused and leader in the industry. Decisions are made quickly and upcoming products are going to be well received in the market.

New leadership is some of the best in the industry and will be great for partners and clients.

Cons

Formal training is coming up to speed, but expectation is you hit the ground running. As with any company this size you are going to be forced to figure some stuff out along the way. Most view that as a positive.

No committed focus forward, reactionary

Former Employee - Marketing in San Mateo, CA
    Former Employee - Marketing in San Mateo, CA

I worked at Kony full-time

Pros

fun office vibe, nice people for the most part

Cons

reactionary, no clear marketing goals or road map. can be depressing as you don't feel like you are making progress.

He won't listen, don't bother

Having an impact right out of the gate

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Kony full-time (less than an year)

Pros

It is amazing how much impact you can have in a short period of time. If you have a good idea, data and experience to back it up, and a plan to execute, you can do almost anything ! Everyone is eager to learn, and there is no "not invented here" at Kony. I see Kony as a great environment to apply the things I've learned in 25+ years in marketing and sales enablement, without being held back by unnecessary processes or negative attitudes.

Cons

The company is highly distributed. VTC and phone meetings are the rule, and it's not always easy to build relationships and rapport that way.

I love where Kony is going, and will do whatever I can to help get us there. Just like T-Mobile is the "un-carrier", Kony could be the "un-IT Company". Being in Gartner's magic quadrant for mobile application development platforms lends credibility to our capabilities. Let's package and communicate our value to our clients' businesses more effectively than old-time IT providers like IBM and SAP.

Great place to make a contribution to the success of the business in enterprise mobility.

I have been working at Kony full-time (less than an year)

Pros

meaningful impact, opportunity to grow and learn, exciting to be part of the fast moving mobile enterprise market with great technology. Industry leading technology that is well matched to the need of the mobile time enterprise. Kony enables organizations to develop apps once and run anywhere on multiple types of mobile devices.

Cons

Putting systems in place to make things happen faster as well as good organizational alignment between the different organizations.

Provide ongoing feedback to team on success of the business, help organization to focus with limited resources

I can't tell yet.....

I have been working at Kony full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Brand new leadership across the board. I guess that could be a con too. But all the new leaders seem super smart and seem to really care about the future of the company. I can't imagine what it was like before they came on board because everyone seems so optimistic.

Cons

Brand new leadership across the board. Everything is moving SUPER fast. If you can't play ball then I suspect you will be out.

Momentum is good, but make sure the team knows what you need and expect of them! People are ready to pitch in and do the work, but you have to provide direction!

Hold on tight...

I worked at Kony full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great people with amazing knowledge and skills, product is top notch, compensation and benefits very competitive

Cons

Financial instability (multiple rounds of investment), lack of clear strategy/direction, constant turnover of employees, never felt truly "settled," always waiting for the other shoe to drop, have to work ridiculous hours due to lack of resources/tools

No shortage of opportunity.

I have been working at Kony full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I joined Kony this summer and it's everything I expected, and more. Mobile Apps for business is one the biggest untapped markets. It will be game changing for businesses that embrace the consumerization of IT to provide employees Apps that enable a new level of productivity. The leadership team is seasoned and focused on driving performance and growth to new highs. Personal growth can be had at all levels of the company and performance is recognized and rewarded. I'm pleased that I made the decision to come to Kony.

Cons

It's a very dynamic market that requires a sense of urgency -- for some this may or may not be a con.

A Thrill Ride in the Mobile Application Race

Current Employee - Director, Marketing in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Director, Marketing in Austin, TX

I have been working at Kony full-time (less than an year)

Pros

It's an extremely exciting time to be in the mobile space. Enterprises are realizing that mobility is critical and that they need good tools to succeed. Kony's products are acknowledged best in the industry. The company has hired an awesome leadership team and is poised for great things. This is a place where you can make a measurable difference to the success of the company, and politics take a back seat to growth.

Cons

The work/life balance is poor; there's just too much to get done. You have to be willing to sacrifice a lot to be a part of the team and there's no guarantee of success. The competition from much larger players in the space (or the ERP space) is relentless and we're running hard to succeed.

Keep driving sales growth! Invest in headcount for sales & marketing to differentiate Kony value and sell it to the broad market.

Ignore the other astroturfing reviews

Current Employee - Project Manager in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Kony full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Kony is a leading provider of mobility services and is rated highly by analysts
    You can get paid above the market rate and may be able to get relocation costs to Austin or Orlando, both of which are state tax-free locations

Cons

No clear strategy for the company's products
    Ongoing reorganization has left everything in disarray with new owners for all functions
    onsite / offshore continues to work in their own silos
    they claim they will release an IPO soon but there is more chance of NASA getting funding for space shuttle program
    HR has been adding 5 star reviews to glassdoor citing roles that don't even exist in the company

Don't fire all the old employees just for bringing in your previous colleagues.
    Simplify the product offerings and pricing
    Stop the song and dance type of quarterly all hands calls

Kony Mobile

Former Employee - Engagement Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Engagement Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Kony full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Hot mobile space - can do some cool stuff

Cons

Proprietary product Proprietary product Proprietary product

n/a