Kool Smiles Reviews

Reset

Dental Asst

Former Employee - Dental Assistant
    Former Employee - Dental Assistant

Pros

The little kids faces that I seen on a day to day basis

Cons

Location and the unprofessional of the company

2. DA/ PC

I have been working at Kool Smiles part-time

Pros

Paid and closed on every single holiday

Cons

Poor management, unprofessional, Office Managers Need to stay consistent!!!

3. Kool smiles

Pros

Good people had a lot of fun through the day

Cons

Bad ppl lot to do through the day

Advice to Management

None advice management was very very good

5. Dental Assistant

I worked at Kool Smiles (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fun staff, love kiddies, love to help people

Cons

To busy, over worked , management takes there stress out on the staff

Advice to Management

Over working staff

6. patient coordinator

I have been working at Kool Smiles full-time

Pros

great enviroment to work with kids

Cons

there is favoritism and long hours

7. All about the numbers

Former Employee - Office Manager in Mission, TX
    Former Employee - Office Manager in Mission, TX

I worked at Kool Smiles full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Awesome monthly bonuses almost a full extra paycheck.

Cons

Drs also earn bonuses. Ton of procedures that aren't really necessary. Run out CHIP leaving parents with no balance for any procedures that truly may be needed in the future. Kids are put in restraining tool - kids were really traumatized. Parents are ready to rip your head off when they find out unknowingly sign off with appointment papers. Not a good work environment. I love kids, but this was an horrible work environment. Pay was excellent, but not enough to deal with the day to day and Dr. attitudes. Funny, I would think Drs would have more professionalism.

Advice to Management

Train your people on labor laws, align goals between medical staff and office staff so they aren't pushing and pulling opposite ways. Treat children better, inform parents better.

8. Office Manager

I have been working at Kool Smiles full-time

Pros

Flexible schedule that works around my family life. Promote a fun and safe work environment. Team oriented.

Cons

Sometimes the corporate office sets goals that look good on paper but are not realistic in the real world office environment.

Advice to Management

Learn to trust managers decisions or coach them to be good decision makers if you don't like the way they are managing things.

9. good company, fast paced, room to grow especially if willing to relocate

Pros

good people, very diverse teams

Cons

very busy, fast paced, stressful

Advice to Management

more competitive pay

PTSD from working here!

Former Employee - Dentist
    Former Employee - Dentist

Pros

Working with children, decent facility and equipment, good pay but I wouldn't put up with working here again for less than $600,000/year!

Cons

Where do I begin? Worst experience of my life! I'm literally traumatized from working here. I always wanted to work with children and I also wanted to help the underprivileged so I chose to work here and be relocated to TX. I found out they don't care a thing about the patients, only profit. You literally have to do whatever management says or they threaten to fire you and if they do you are responsible for paying them back $500/day that is unfulfilled on your contract plus any relocation fees they put out. They set the schedule so you honestly have an average of 7 minutes per patient, plus they come down on you if you aren't treating AT LEAST 3 quadrants of teeth (there's only 4!) per patient. You will get a talking to if you don't place a SSC for any interproximal decay. So you are doing at least 3 SSCs on an anxious child in papoose in under 10 minutes with their crying mother in the room. They don't want you to explain or discuss anything with the parents because the assistants can do that while you are off to another patient. You will be working through lunch and into the evening every night. The staff and I had recurrent UTIs from never getting a bathroom break all while being yelled at by parents and the office manager for being behind on the schedule. The staff is constantly stressed. To keep with the schedule many staff would take short cuts such as not washing their hands, etc. Every second counted. The base pay is good and there is the chance to bonus, but I found out the hard way that you are EXPECTED to qualify for bonus and if you don't you are also at risk for being fired. So I would bonus not to get the extra money but only to keep my job. You are never allowed to take vacation when kids are out of school since those are "peak" times so this includes the week of Thanksgiving, all Christmas/New Years break, the whole summer and any other holidays like Martin Luther King, etc. Obviously this isn't great for you if you are a parent and want to spend time with your kids or if you relocated for the job and would like to finally go see your family for the holidays. The patients and parents aren't treated great either because they are on Medicaid (looked down upon). I try to be a caring, friendly doctor but was told not to waste my time making sure they like me or have a good experience because they have no choice, they'll have to come back since we were the only office in the area to accept Medicaid. I had/have a hard time sleeping at night having to live with myself after working at this place.

Advice to Management

Treat employees and patients/parents like individual people with feelings. It isn't all about profit. Reputation is also important.

Kool Smiles is the best!

Current Employee - Dental Assistant in Monroe, LA
    Current Employee - Dental Assistant in Monroe, LA

I have been working at Kool Smiles full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Upon working at Kool Smiles, everyone becomes family. We are all about teamwork and professional and quality patient care.

Cons

Corporate puts too much rules on us so sometimes it makes us have to rush and compromise patient care.

RSS Feed </> Embed