Kotak Mahindra

Updated January 2, 2015
2.9

Kotak Mahindra Executive Vice Chairman & Managing Director Uday S. Kotak
Uday S. Kotak

Pros
  • Good working environment, Nice products, A more of Government like company (in 15 reviews)

• There was a good work life balance (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • bad work culture; worst work-life balance; working on saturdays; low salaries (in 7 reviews)

• No work life balance, you wont get free after working for 8 hours (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

Good company , fair management , good working conditions

Former Employee - Relationship Manager
    Former Employee - Relationship Manager

I worked at Kotak Mahindra full-time (more than an year)

Pros

There was a good work life balance. Upper management is very open to ideas. It is a progressive company

Cons

Salary could be higher. Offices must be more well maintained.

Be more transparent with salary structure

Feed back

Former Employee - ARM in Baroda, MI
    Former Employee - ARM in Baroda, MI

I worked at Kotak Mahindra full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Gr8 experiance in a broking industry as working in KOTAK

Cons

No cons as m satisfied

Manager

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Kotak Mahindra

Pros

employee appreciation is done well and knowledge advancement is highly possible

Cons

senior management ambiguity and work satisfaction is less

clearer administration of duties to every level of hierarchy,transparency

Branch Relationship Manager

Current Employee - Branch Relationship Manager in Bangalore (India)
    Current Employee - Branch Relationship Manager in Bangalore (India)

I have been working at Kotak Mahindra

Pros

Good for freshers
    Opportunity to grow
    Decent pay and benefits
    Better compared to other Indian Private Banks
    Fast growing company

Cons

Targets are unrealistic
    customer base not that great compared to other private sector banks
    Too much pressure and micro management from top
    very less parties and fun events

nothing mch

Great on learning but low on salaries and work life balance.

I have been working at Kotak Mahindra

Pros

Develops business sense and ownership in employees. Good place to learn.

Cons

No work life balance, people have to work even on sundays at times, less compensation as compared to peers.

Retail Branch Banking

Current Employee - Area Manager
    Current Employee - Area Manager

I have been working at Kotak Mahindra full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Everyone is approachable, which tend to instill confidence for getting the answers quickly, but usually we get 'NO" as an answer, at least there is no gestation period for it.

Cons

I came to join KOTAK from a much larger private sector bank and found that I committed the gravest mistake of my life. I worked with my previous organization for more that 6years and its been already 2yrs working here, but I have not been able to adjust to the culture that prevails in this organization. Middle/ Senior Management is output driven and exert only pressure on staff to sell bank products, their apathy towards their staff concerns and issues does not excite them when they launch contests. They will make you work extra hours and call you on Sundays to showcase how committed they are, and they forget about your personal space, your peace of mind, and dissatisfaction it generates. I have seen it becoming counter productive as the staff that comes on Sunday never really works and they tend take out time during the weekday to compensate for time lost on Sunday/ Holiday.

Management should propagate healthy way to get their work done, then to abuse staff for non-deliveries and making them work on holidays. Focus on input rather than output should be the mantra, as I have learned from a senior management official, who I consider as my guru, from my previous organization. Its good to be a taskmaster but not at the cost of staff dignity/ peace of mind/ excessive stress.

Frequent staff rotation is must, as an employee in the same work role for a long period of time (max 2yrs) tend to loose the focus, as the monotony sets in, they also don't see any value addition happening in themselves after such time. During this phase they tend to explore external options, thinking that if they have to do the same work then why not get better money for it. Retaining such employees, through rotation, will not only save you cost, time, effort to train the new staff to an optimum level where they will be able to give equal services, but also will help you retain customers who are taken away or tend to loose interest in the bank as they don't usually get same attention. I don't know whether this review would be read/considered by the management as they think they are way above all these things and they are far too intelligent to be told such things, but let me assure it to them that even after them being so intelligent there is a lot of dissatisfaction in the staff. And as they benchmark bigger banks to achieve their balance sheet figures, they should also benchmark best global human resource practices if they envision themselves to become gobal brand etc..

Pathetic ethical standard

I worked at Kotak Mahindra

Pros

Supportive senior management for campus recruits in the early phase of the start of their career. The pressure is a little less as compared to other Indian Banks.

Cons

I would like to paint an exact picture of the branch offices of this company.

The working of the company ethics wise, is really pathetic. Quite oftenly, false commitments are made to the customers. At one point of time, you will yourself land up in a self-guilty state. The working atmosphere is far more pathetic. Loads of employees are flooded on to 1 system. The company itself asks its employees to follow unethical route. There is no set criteria for recruitments- persons having different caliber working on the same position resulting in employee dissatisfaction. The products being offered by the company are very poor. Nothing is done as far as the employee delight factor is concerned.

There are tonnes of other issues which I can bring up but I don't want viewers to have a negative perception regarding the importance of this review.

This section is of no use since it will definitely fell into deaf ears.

Nice company to work

Current Employee - Deputy Manager in Mumbai (India)
    Current Employee - Deputy Manager in Mumbai (India)

I have been working at Kotak Mahindra full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good working environment, Nice products, A more of Government like company.

Cons

No work life balance, too much pressure, Lack of proper process.

Good working place

I worked at Kotak Mahindra

Pros

good working environment, gets to learn many things related to banking

Cons

low growth and salary in customer service

Manager Branch Banking.

Current Employee - Manager in Ahmedabad (India)
    Current Employee - Manager in Ahmedabad (India)

I have been working at Kotak Mahindra full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Kotak is one of the fastest growing bank in india. Providing good lucrative products which u can easily promote. Also kotak is paying good package compare to other bank with clear pathway.

Cons

To much pressure. No work life balance, you wont get free after working for 8 hours. Because of multiple processes you will get frustrated and tired to complete work. Flat structure. Training required at each level. Compare to other banks you will emjoy working here.

Good amount of training is required. Work life balance is highly required.

Kotak Mahindra Photos