Kraft Foods

Kraft Foods Reviews

Updated Jul 22, 2014

Kraft Foods CEO Tony Vernon

Tony Vernon

Pros
  • There can be great work/life balance, it all depends what group you are in(in 50 reviews)

• Great people who is willing to learn with you and sincerely try to get things better(in 35 reviews)

Cons
  • Long hours no work life balance normally in rural areas(in 25 reviews)

• long hours equates to a good employee which isn't necessarily true(in 16 reviews)

Very pleasant part-time work

Lab Worker (Former Employee) Fair Lawn, NJ

ProsStart at 13/hr, managers don't watch over your shoulder. Flexible schedule. You receive two days' notice about available hours. Bulk of work is loading and cleaning machines to test food products. I've heard that working at the bakery next door can earn you a bonus; it's worth checking out.

ConsAvailable hours can drop fast.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake a late shift available to increase work hours.

Good Company, bad HR

Production Generalist (Former Employee)

ProsPay, co-workers, variety of shifts,

ConsHR not the best, work a lot of Sunday's with no time-and-a-half, the noise will make your ears ring long after you leave there.

Advice to Senior ManagementThey need to review their HR people. I had a situation that could have been easily rectified, instead HR made things difficult for me. You are just another number there...

Mgmt is horrible to workers

Production Operator (Former Employee) Dover, DE

ProsNONE: The Dover Delaware location gives you no reason to like your job.

ConsMgmt is horrible to workers and they treat everyone like their worthless...I didn't meet anyone who could say something nice about this facility even the people that still work there hated their job, but at least its money its not because its a good company to work for...

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat people the way you want to be treated and not like garage. The Dover Delaware location treats everyone like garage and I wouldn't tell my worst eneed it.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

The Crazy Train

Accounting (Former Employee) Northfield, IL

ProsThey have strong brand names which sell themselves. There can be great work/life balance, it all depends what group you are in. Vacation policy is very generous. The fitness center in Northfield is very nice (and you'll find that some people sitting next to you have time to get in 2-a-days!)

ConsI've never worked for so many CRAZY women in my life. If you're a self-starter, they want no part of you - just move on - you will forever be knocking your head against the wall. Also, every round of layoffs targets the white male (of which I am neither, so it didn't impact me, but, tough to watch.); it is very, very quota based. Poor performance for a female or minority is more than acceptable (yet hardly motivating!)

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement doesn't care what you have to say.

Worked with micro-managers and wasn't given the opportunity to grow.

ProsOnly perk were the number of paid time days off.

ConsBenefits were very average, didn't have the opportunity to have personal growth due to my manager and the facility that I work in is being bought out by an outsourcing company.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn about the accounts you manage and seek advice with the lowest level employees to better understand processes and improving them.

Kraft Foods Make It or Break It

Financial Analyst (Current Employee) Wilkes-Barre, PA

ProsBenefits, employee work ethic, pay for Iphone

ConsDoes not live company values.

Advice to Senior ManagementJust keep taking your bonuses and look the other way. Keep WS happy.

Good Customer Service Ethic, But...

Multiple (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsWhen I started back in the day in customer service, all my co-workers, our management, and I all believed the customer is always right, and we had pretty much 360 degrees of flexibility to make whole any customer (end user, a grocery store, sales rep) who had bad product. Other departments I worked in really believed as I did that co-workers were customers too (very important for IT-DBM-Telecom people, for example) 99.44 percent of the time some of the best co-workers and bosses too. Really bright and original thinkers seem to find greener pastures quickly and don't stay around too long, though, I noticed.

ConsDealing with HR about anything was downright Orwellian. I had it easy, though -- my current boss is a very business savvy fellow who is a veteran of the civil rights movement and a pro-feminist male and was run out of there largely for the latter reason. It is amazing the kinds of things HR does to people, and/or allows corrupt managers to do, pretty much the "anything heavy that can be used a weapon" ethic.

Advice to Senior ManagementRemove the gatekeeping ability of people in HR - the things that take place on the shop floor might make you leap with joy, but others will make you sick. Doing company-wide statistical audits on disciplinary actions on an annual basis, allowing upper management to take over a non-compliant department until the problem is fixed, and providing an escalation path beyond local HR will remove $$$ in civil liability, I can assure you. People are not as scared of your legal department as you apparently think.

Interesting

Market Research Analyst (Current Employee) Tarrytown, NY

ProsLarge company leadership promotions work life balance

ConsLarge company that needs to do a better job at making sure employees are happy

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat employees better

Good job

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood pay and benefits steady job

ConsYour just a number not very family friendly

Good for the resume, good right out of college for experience.

Territory Sales Manager (Former Employee)

ProsFlexible schedules, work life balance, benefits start right away.

ConsSalaries not great if you start right after college long term. Even if you receive a stellar review increases low. Hires and promotes too often based more on diversity (skin color ) and less on qualifications. Not really based on merit. Also there is more to diversity than skin color, Kraft.

Advice to Senior ManagementDiversity is a wonderful trait for a company but decisions should not be made solely on that. Also have more training for managers so they know how to manage people correctly, not just the business.

Worked for Kraft Foods? Contribute to the Community!