Kraft Foods

Kraft Foods Reviews

Updated Apr 20, 2014

Kraft Foods CEO Tony Vernon

Tony Vernon

Pros:
  • "There can be great work/life balance, it all depends what group you are in"
    in 48 reviews
  • "Great brands, tremendous resources, collaborative environment with sharp and focussed people"
    in 33 reviews
Cons:
  • "Long hours no work life balance normally in rural areas"
    in 24 reviews
  • "long hours equates to a good employee which isn't necessarily true"
    in 14 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Administrative Assistant at Kraft Foods

Senior Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee)
Glenview, IL

I worked at Kraft Foods as a contractor for more than 5 years

ProsThey treat both employees and contractors with respect. Company provides ergonomic seating and work sites, great equipment - everyone has their own laptop.

ConsOpen seating means no privacy or cubes at all. For me the noise level was high and it was difficult to concentrate sometimes, especially if your neighbor is on the phone and talking loudly. But the pro of open seating is that you get to know more neighbors (because you are in close proximity) and that turned out to be a plus.

Advice to Senior ManagementI think management does an excellent job - I had access to training at noon lunch and learn sessions. We also had the best software, office equipment, ergonomic seating - it makes your day much more enjoyable. People are moved to different positions often and it gives you much more opportunity to learn new skills and experience different teams.

Great company to work for

Machine Operator (Former Employee)
Mason City, IA

I worked at Kraft Foods full-time for more than 3 years

ProsThe company cares about family and promotes a great team enviornment

Consrotating 12 hour shifts is to hard on the body and mind.

Advice to Senior Managementcreate night and day shifts and stop with the rotating shifts

Very pleasant part-time work

Lab Worker (Former Employee)
Fair Lawn, NJ

I worked at Kraft Foods part-time for more than a year

ProsStart at 13/hr, managers don't watch over your shoulder. Flexible schedule. You receive two days' notice about available hours. Bulk of work is loading and cleaning machines to test food products. I've heard that working at the bakery next door can earn you a bonus; it's worth checking out.

ConsAvailable hours can drop fast.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake a late shift available to increase work hours.

Good Company, bad HR

Production Generalist (Former Employee)

I worked at Kraft Foods part-time for less than a year

ProsPay, co-workers, variety of shifts,

ConsHR not the best, work a lot of Sunday's with no time-and-a-half, the noise will make your ears ring long after you leave there.

Advice to Senior ManagementThey need to review their HR people. I had a situation that could have been easily rectified, instead HR made things difficult for me. You are just another number there...

Worked with micro-managers and wasn't given the opportunity to grow.

I have been working at Kraft Foods full-time for more than 3 years

ProsOnly perk were the number of paid time days off.

ConsBenefits were very average, didn't have the opportunity to have personal growth due to my manager and the facility that I work in is being bought out by an outsourcing company.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn about the accounts you manage and seek advice with the lowest level employees to better understand processes and improving them.

The Crazy Train

Accounting (Former Employee)
Northfield, IL

I worked at Kraft Foods full-time for more than 5 years

ProsThey have strong brand names which sell themselves. There can be great work/life balance, it all depends what group you are in. Vacation policy is very generous. The fitness center in Northfield is very nice (and you'll find that some people sitting next to you have time to get in 2-a-days!)

ConsI've never worked for so many CRAZY women in my life. If you're a self-starter, they want no part of you - just move on - you will forever be knocking your head against the wall. Also, every round of layoffs targets the white male (of which I am neither, so it didn't impact me, but, tough to watch.); it is very, very quota based. Poor performance for a female or minority is more than acceptable (yet hardly motivating!)

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement doesn't care what you have to say.

Good for the resume, good right out of college for experience.

Territory Sales Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Kraft Foods full-time for more than 5 years

ProsFlexible schedules, work life balance, benefits start right away.

ConsSalaries not great if you start right after college long term. Even if you receive a stellar review increases low. Hires and promotes too often based more on diversity (skin color ) and less on qualifications. Not really based on merit. Also there is more to diversity than skin color, Kraft.

Advice to Senior ManagementDiversity is a wonderful trait for a company but decisions should not be made solely on that. Also have more training for managers so they know how to manage people correctly, not just the business.

Kraft Foods Make It or Break It

Financial Analyst (Current Employee)
Wilkes-Barre, PA

I have been working at Kraft Foods full-time for more than 10 years

ProsBenefits, employee work ethic, pay for Iphone

ConsDoes not live company values.

Advice to Senior ManagementJust keep taking your bonuses and look the other way. Keep WS happy.

Good Customer Service Ethic, But...

Multiple (Former Employee)
Chicago, IL

I worked at Kraft Foods full-time for more than 10 years

ProsWhen I started back in the day in customer service, all my co-workers, our management, and I all believed the customer is always right, and we had pretty much 360 degrees of flexibility to make whole any customer (end user, a grocery store, sales rep) who had bad product. Other departments I worked in really believed as I did that co-workers were customers too (very important for IT-DBM-Telecom people, for example) 99.44 percent of the time some of the best co-workers and bosses too. Really bright and original thinkers seem to find greener pastures quickly and don't stay around too long, though, I noticed.

ConsDealing with HR about anything was downright Orwellian. I had it easy, though -- my current boss is a very business savvy fellow who is a veteran of the civil rights movement and a pro-feminist male and was run out of there largely for the latter reason. It is amazing the kinds of things HR does to people, and/or allows corrupt managers to do, pretty much the "anything heavy that can be used a weapon" ethic.

Advice to Senior ManagementRemove the gatekeeping ability of people in HR - the things that take place on the shop floor might make you leap with joy, but others will make you sick. Doing company-wide statistical audits on disciplinary actions on an annual basis, allowing upper management to take over a non-compliant department until the problem is fixed, and providing an escalation path beyond local HR will remove $$$ in civil liability, I can assure you. People are not as scared of your legal department as you apparently think.

Good job

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Kraft Foods full-time for more than 10 years

ProsGood pay and benefits steady job

ConsYour just a number not very family friendly

Worked for Kraft Foods? Contribute to the Community!

Kraft Foods Videos

Kraft Foods – Why Work for Us?

Our Mission "Our aim is to be North America's best food and beverage company, and we'll get there by continuing to offer products consumers love, creating a performance-based culture that motivates and excites… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Kraft Foods reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Kraft Foods CEO Tony Vernon. All 571 reviews posted anonymously by Kraft Foods employees.