Kraft Foods

Kraft Foods Reviews

Updated Jul 21, 2014

Kraft Foods CEO Tony Vernon

Tony Vernon

Pros
  • There can be great work/life balance, it all depends what group you are in(in 50 reviews)

• Great people who is willing to learn with you and sincerely try to get things better(in 35 reviews)

Cons
  • Long hours no work life balance normally in rural areas(in 25 reviews)

• long hours equates to a good employee which isn't necessarily true(in 16 reviews)

Great place to grow your career!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Northfield, IL

ProsGreat culture and work environment... Everyone here works together towards a common goal and there is a lot of opportunity to progress and grow your career.

ConsGreat brands and people, what is not to like! Some of our processes can be a bit cumbersome

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep listening to your people, and keep driving our open and inclusive work environment / culture

Great Place to work and build your career!!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Northfield, IL

ProsGreat opportunities to grow and develop your career. The company is really working to re-invent their culture and it's working!

ConsGreat Brands, and even better people, what's not to love!?!?

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to be true to our core values, it will take us to where we need to go!

Strong company with a portfolio of iconic brands

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Northfield, IL

ProsSmart people driven to excel. Company is recognized as a leader in quality food products. They offer good health care, on-site gym and wellness programs, beautiful campus.

ConsOpen space office design is not conducive to concentrating and getting work done. It is great for collaboration and connecting. Meeting intensive environment - would benefit from meeting agendas and focus on purpose/deliverables to cut back on meetings for sake of meetings.

Advice to Senior ManagementRecommend upper management walk the talk in terms of work/life flexibility. Working remotely is still frowned upon and management is a bit old school. More transparency on company objectives and team-building - if we all know the direction upper management wants to go - we can work together to get there faster.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Company

Transportation (Former Employee) Madison, WI

ProsExcellent Benefits! All employees start at 20 PTO days with increases of 5 days every 5 years and at every 5 year anniversary, you get an extra bonus week. for that year. I have yet to find any other employer that is this generous. I would have never left had I not needed to move for my spouse's job. They also promote organically and really take care of their employees who have potential. Hard work is rewarded in terms or merit awards, bonuses, and it spreads your name throughout the company (which helps if you want to be promoted). They are a great company to grow with and very family friendly. Maternity leave is also compensated very well, especially if you've been with the company for a few years.

ConsVery long hours. Processes and leadership direction can seem disorganized at times.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to listen to your employees.

Supervisor

ProsThere are a lot of great people

ConsThere are a lot of operational challenges

Good People, lot of resources

Packaging Engineer (Former Employee) Tarrytown, NY

ProsLots of people in the packaging group made for light workload, although travel was a lot. Hours were very flexible because of all the extra time on the road going to plants.

ConsTravel up to 50% is for real here. Packaging Engineers here have to pick up the quality role as well.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure promoted managers are worthy of role, not just left over from not being technical enough.

Great but I am looking for greener pastures.

Pros- Good compensation.
    -Good bonuses
    - great work ethics

ConsMay encounter unreasonable managers and some top employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove communication skills among top employees.

Job got me through college

Merchandiser (Former Employee)

ProsThe merchandiser position was flexible enough that I was able to attend classes and finish a degree. The early hours in the morning were actually good for me to work and then attend classes the rest of the day. The people I worked with were pleasant, though I observed supervisors and other area managers getting more and more work pilled on them from above.

ConsI was lucky to work in a region that needed help, and was able to get extra hours as a sub for neighboring areas. Just this job alone would not support anyone. I did this along with another part-time job to get through school, but as I said above it was the kind of flexibility I needed.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhen practices and certification are set up to be checked yearly, such checks really should be done otherwise no one will believe the standards that are set for performance actually stand.

Worked at Kraft

Sales Service Representative (Current Employee) Jacksonville, FL

ProsThe people were nice to work with

ConsIt was too much driving for me

Good company but ...

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Glenview, IL

Prosautonomy
    higher pay for short term assignment

Cons-disorganized. They had my role before but product support is considered useless? I guess so they eliminated that role. Now, there is no standard system to analyze products.
    -too quiet with people barely say hi to each other. very cliquey if that is a word.
    -Rumors of being bought out by some foreign company.
    - not on top when it comes to updating policies and equipment. For one, they had names of former employees on forms when they have been gone for 5 years. Seriously?

Advice to Senior Managementhire full time people and perhaps communicate with each other on requirements. I think the problem is deeper than the employees and it goes to the top of the food chain to have standard policies which seems to be lacking. It seems the CEO / board doesn't care about the company.

Worked for Kraft Foods? Contribute to the Community!