Kraft Foods Reviews

Reset
3.3
Kraft Foods CEO John Cahill
John Cahill

Pros
  • Large company leadership promotions work life balance (in 55 reviews)

• good benefits good ways to make extra money health rewards (in 38 reviews)

Cons
  • There is diminishing respect for work-life balance - which used to be more tolerable when bonuses were good (in 29 reviews)

• Long hours no work life balance normally in rural areas (in 18 reviews)

The very last day of my beloved Kraft.

Current Employee - Operations Manager in Northfield, IL
    Current Employee - Operations Manager in Northfield, IL

I have been working at Kraft Foods full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I worked at Kraft 15 years and it's been a great ride. Being a working Mom I have never been challenged to advance within the organization. I even was supported with the opportunity to work part-time. Although we all know things are going to change on Monday, Kraft will always have a place in my heart.

Cons

Kraft didn't move fast enough to compete with Private Equity firms so thus we are being overtaken by one and it's not going to be pretty.

Advice to Management

I wish you all would have done more and acted like the owners you asked us to be. Good luck to all of you with your golden parachutes and pray for the 20% who will be looking for new jobs with families to support.

2. Sr Packaging Engineer

I have been working at Kraft Foods full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great work life balance, very relaxed culture. People are eager to help and are genuine. You are treated as working professionals who are expected to get the job done and speak up when you have challenges. You are not micro managed for the most part. Managers have open door policies and the atmosphere is very family-like.

Cons

Travel can sometimes be excessive. You are expected to manage the day to day tasks even when you are out of the office for prolonged periods of time. The on-boarding is not very structured so it sometimes feels like you have to hit the ground running and maintain that momentum.

3. Category Management

Former Employee - Market Trainer in Canton, MI
    Former Employee - Market Trainer in Canton, MI

I worked at Kraft Foods (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great Benefits, work life balance

Cons

Equal Growth Potential for men or women

5. A Great Place for Now

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Northfield, IL

I have been working at Kraft Foods (More than 8 years)

Pros

Working at Kraft provides the opportunity to work on some really great brands. The work is challenging. The culture at Kraft is great. It is flexible and good work life balance.

Cons

Since the Kraft merger with Heinz there is no telling what the future holds. Though pure speculation, I would anticipate a change in culture.

6. Great job

Current Employee - Line Operator in Springfield, MO
    Current Employee - Line Operator in Springfield, MO

I have been working at Kraft Foods full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good wages stable work overtime if you want have not had any layoffs since I have started job advancement if you want

Cons

Sometimes to much overtime a lot of uneasy feelings due to the kraft heinz merger no one knows what is going to happen

Advice to Management

Be truthful

Merger with Heinz

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Northfield, IL

I have been working at Kraft Foods full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There is an opportunity to be associated with a company that has a broader reach than previously as a result of the merger with Heinz. Kraft products will now have global distribution capability which, hopefully, means increased sales, revenue, and opportunity for employees. Additionally, the influence of 3G will likely mean that decisions are made quicker. No more "analysis paralysis". However, faster decisions may also mean that we reverse course when new information comes in, which means the company will need very flexible employees. Lastly, with the increased focus on costs and budgets, there should be a reduction of unnecessary expenses which could be good and bad.

Cons

In the short-term, there is going to be a good amount of uncertainty particularly in the area of continued employment. There will certainly be layoffs as the company works toward its ideal employee size which is extremely stressful, particularly to the high number of long-tenured employees that are currently working at Kraft.

Advice to Management

Try and provide some of the thinking behind some of the decisions that are being made. Without some background on how that decision was reached, the vacuum will be filled with speculation and rumor.

Superior Organization facing new challenges.

Former Employee - Business Process Excellence Manager in Madison, WI
    Former Employee - Business Process Excellence Manager in Madison, WI

I worked at Kraft Foods full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Wide growth opportunities Diverse product mix Excellent working teams Superior strategic visions Numerous diverse teams focused on improving the top and bottom lines across all of the business units.

Cons

The recent purchase or merger with Heinz and Kraft leads to many questions about a stable work environment, consistent expectations, staff and business unit transitions, what locations will remain and which will close. These many questions lead to a difficult work environment, which is to be expected after a recent major change.

Advice to Management

Historically, Kraft Foods was a great place to work and grow. To improve team morale, this spirit should be maintained and kept within the vision as the transitions with Heinz proceed. Looking across the landscape, there are necessary reductions and painful choices that need to be made, which people realize. Do your best to institute these changes openly and efficiently and many people will respect this direction.

9. Corporate Employee

Current Employee - Corporate in Northfield, IL
    Current Employee - Corporate in Northfield, IL

I have been working at Kraft Foods full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great brands and legacy training opportunities.

Cons

A lot of uncertainty around the recent merger (now Kraft Heinz Company) and morale isn't good.

10. Rewarding place to work

Former Employee - Associate Food Scientist in Madison, WI
    Former Employee - Associate Food Scientist in Madison, WI

I worked at Kraft Foods full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company culture is very positive. Great team work and support. Fast paced enviorment.

Cons

A lot of company structure change.

11. Great Employer

Current Employee - Manager in Vernon Hills, IL
    Current Employee - Manager in Vernon Hills, IL

I have been working at Kraft Foods (More than a year)

Pros

The People are great to work with

Cons

lack of training and continuation of professional growth

RSS Feed </> Embed