Kraft Foods Reviews

Updated August 27, 2014

3.2

Kraft Foods CEO Tony Vernon
Tony Vernon

Pros
  • There can be great work/life balance, it all depends what group you are in (in 51 reviews)

• Great people who is willing to learn with you and sincerely try to get things better (in 35 reviews)

Cons
  • Long hours no work life balance normally in rural areas (in 25 reviews)

• long hours equates to a good employee which isn't necessarily true (in 16 reviews)

More Highlights

Worked at Kraft

Current Employee - Sales Service Representative  in  Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Sales Service Representative in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Kraft Foods part-time for more than a year

Pros

The people were nice to work with

Cons

It was too much driving for me

Great to work for and funny people to have by your side, I enjoy coming to work everyday. Other places dont match up

I have been working at Kraft Foods

Pros

Good money, fun people, learning, safe, easy, hard, fast, slow

Cons

a lot of people involved in your daily job functions, over protective of everything, to many people with to many thoughts on one subject

Good, Solid Company to Grow In

I have been working at Kraft Foods

Pros

Kraft is an organization that is not afraid to commit to change with purpose. Great people to work with and learn from, and great products.

Cons

Company culture is not consistent across the organization, and sometimes (as a whole) Kraft wants to change often, I assume, as a result of the fast-paced industry it operates in.

Put more effort in understanding the consumers and employees alike.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

I worked as a Senior Sales Representative in Nabisco Sales portion or the Kraft Company.

Former Employee - Senior Associate Brand Manager  in  Birmingham, AL
    Former Employee - Senior Associate Brand Manager in Birmingham, AL

I worked at Kraft Foods full-time

Pros

The benefits of the company were great. The company was a professional environment to work with as per management. The other team members were all dedicated workers.

Cons

Having a chance for promotions was a big let down. The Kraft company hired a professional and I spent 25 years with another national company. I was led to believe that a promotion was possible and then younger college graduates were hired as inters and they were offered the next opportunity. This happen two different times to me. The second time around I was being interview for the next opening and as soon as this was over the managers drove to the next candidate and hired them.

My advise is that management allow new employees to discuss opportunities with management. This should really make a difference when the company has hired an experienced, educated, knowledgeable, and skilled employees.

no wonder they are hurting for workers

I have been working at Kraft Foods

Pros

I have nothing to say

Cons

they like to force you to go on other shifts. if people want to go one a different shift they will apply for it. Alo of over time. They want you to not have free time even the weekends. Its eat,work,sleep repeat

don't force people on different shift they want the shift that they are on for a reason no wondor you are hurting for workers

Management is horrible along with the policy.

Current Employee - General Laborer  in  Newberry, SC
    Current Employee - General Laborer in Newberry, SC

I have been working at Kraft Foods full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The insurance and benefit package is ok. They give us a bonus every year. There is much overtime if you want it.

Cons

The management is very hard to get alone with. The policy is horrible. We start work at 7:30 never know when you will get off like we don't have families.

Send all of the management team back to training. Stop overworking your employees. Stop changing the policy and procedure to benefit you guys. They should benefit everyone.

Long hours

I have been working at Kraft Foods

Pros

Nice people work there nice pay

Cons

All you do is work no weekends no family time and it's mostly 12 hours

Have weekends off

Horrible place to work

I worked at Kraft Foods full-time

Pros

There are no pro about this company

Cons

if you need a job work here

Company too focused on stock market not consumers!!

Current Employee - Machine Operator  in  Des Moines, IA
    Current Employee - Machine Operator in Des Moines, IA

I have been working at Kraft Foods full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Pay is OK and very safety focused!!

Cons

Trying to cut too many corners to make a profit! Lost focus on making a quality product for the consumer!

Go back to the values from years ago and make a quality product for the consumer and not money for the stockholders! Stop taking from the little man and stop adding upper management! Hire more and pay the working man more and stop being slave drivers with the current employees!!!!!

There are opportunities for improvement

I have been working at Kraft Foods full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Good pay and benefits. I have great co-workers at my location (production facility). Company is community minded.

Cons

Little room for advancement unless you're willing to relocate. Local management inconsistent- - they'll roll over and bend to the whim of whoever yells the loudest about unfair treatment or policies. We keep reducing head count and expecting the remaining employees to take on more responsibilities but not necessarily compensating them for it. "Continuous Improvement" projects are implemented with little consideration to the impact on the department. Corporate driven training sessions are frustrating. It is hard to sit through an online training session while the presenter flies through the material and clicks through screens so fast you have no idea what he or she just did.

Invest in your people and treat them fairly. Stop piling more work on those who already have so much to do they can't get it all done within normal business hours. Find different, more reliable ways to train on new programs/systems so users get the tools they need from the start.

Worked for Kraft Foods? Contribute to the Community!