Kraft Foods

Kraft Foods Reviews

Updated Jul 28, 2014

Kraft Foods CEO Tony Vernon

Tony Vernon

Pros
  • There can be great work/life balance, it all depends what group you are in (in 51 reviews)

• Great people who is willing to learn with you and sincerely try to get things better (in 35 reviews)

Cons
  • Long hours no work life balance normally in rural areas (in 25 reviews)

• long hours equates to a good employee which isn't necessarily true (in 16 reviews)

More Highlights

Good. Good work life balance.

Associate Principal Scientist (Current Employee) Tarrytown, NY

ProsGood work life balance. leadership is very participative. Compensation competitive. Several Experts to work with in a large corporation setting.

ConsThe location is expensive to live. Kraft Foods is a smaller company after Mondelez spun off.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing the good things.

Administrative Assistant at Kraft Foods

Senior Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) Glenview, IL

ProsThey treat both employees and contractors with respect. Company provides ergonomic seating and work sites, great equipment - everyone has their own laptop.

ConsOpen seating means no privacy or cubes at all. For me the noise level was high and it was difficult to concentrate sometimes, especially if your neighbor is on the phone and talking loudly. But the pro of open seating is that you get to know more neighbors (because you are in close proximity) and that turned out to be a plus.

Advice to Senior ManagementI think management does an excellent job - I had access to training at noon lunch and learn sessions. We also had the best software, office equipment, ergonomic seating - it makes your day much more enjoyable. People are moved to different positions often and it gives you much more opportunity to learn new skills and experience different teams.

Great company to work for

Machine Operator (Former Employee) Mason City, IA

ProsThe company cares about family and promotes a great team enviornment

Consrotating 12 hour shifts is to hard on the body and mind.

Advice to Senior Managementcreate night and day shifts and stop with the rotating shifts

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good Company, bad HR

Production Generalist (Former Employee)

ProsPay, co-workers, variety of shifts,

ConsHR not the best, work a lot of Sunday's with no time-and-a-half, the noise will make your ears ring long after you leave there.

Advice to Senior ManagementThey need to review their HR people. I had a situation that could have been easily rectified, instead HR made things difficult for me. You are just another number there...

Mgmt is horrible to workers

Production Operator (Former Employee) Dover, DE

ProsNONE: The Dover Delaware location gives you no reason to like your job.

ConsMgmt is horrible to workers and they treat everyone like their worthless...I didn't meet anyone who could say something nice about this facility even the people that still work there hated their job, but at least its money its not because its a good company to work for...

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat people the way you want to be treated and not like garage. The Dover Delaware location treats everyone like garage and I wouldn't tell my worst eneed it.

The Crazy Train

Accounting (Former Employee) Northfield, IL

ProsThey have strong brand names which sell themselves. There can be great work/life balance, it all depends what group you are in. Vacation policy is very generous. The fitness center in Northfield is very nice (and you'll find that some people sitting next to you have time to get in 2-a-days!)

ConsI've never worked for so many CRAZY women in my life. If you're a self-starter, they want no part of you - just move on - you will forever be knocking your head against the wall. Also, every round of layoffs targets the white male (of which I am neither, so it didn't impact me, but, tough to watch.); it is very, very quota based. Poor performance for a female or minority is more than acceptable (yet hardly motivating!)

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement doesn't care what you have to say.

Worked with micro-managers and wasn't given the opportunity to grow.

ProsOnly perk were the number of paid time days off.

ConsBenefits were very average, didn't have the opportunity to have personal growth due to my manager and the facility that I work in is being bought out by an outsourcing company.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn about the accounts you manage and seek advice with the lowest level employees to better understand processes and improving them.

Kraft Foods Make It or Break It

Financial Analyst (Current Employee) Wilkes-Barre, PA

ProsBenefits, employee work ethic, pay for Iphone

ConsDoes not live company values.

Advice to Senior ManagementJust keep taking your bonuses and look the other way. Keep WS happy.

Good for the resume, good right out of college for experience.

Territory Sales Manager (Former Employee)

ProsFlexible schedules, work life balance, benefits start right away.

ConsSalaries not great if you start right after college long term. Even if you receive a stellar review increases low. Hires and promotes too often based more on diversity (skin color ) and less on qualifications. Not really based on merit. Also there is more to diversity than skin color, Kraft.

Advice to Senior ManagementDiversity is a wonderful trait for a company but decisions should not be made solely on that. Also have more training for managers so they know how to manage people correctly, not just the business.

Very pleasant part-time work

Lab Worker (Former Employee) Fair Lawn, NJ

ProsStart at 13/hr, managers don't watch over your shoulder. Flexible schedule. You receive two days' notice about available hours. Bulk of work is loading and cleaning machines to test food products. I've heard that working at the bakery next door can earn you a bonus; it's worth checking out.

ConsAvailable hours can drop fast.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake a late shift available to increase work hours.

Worked for Kraft Foods? Contribute to the Community!