Kraft Foods Reviews

Reset
5.0
Kraft Foods CEO John Cahill
John Cahill

Pros
  • Large company leadership promotions work life balance (in 55 reviews)

• good benefits good ways to make extra money health rewards (in 38 reviews)

Cons
  • There is diminishing respect for work-life balance - which used to be more tolerable when bonuses were good (in 29 reviews)

• Long hours no work life balance normally in rural areas (in 18 reviews)

1. GREAT COMPANY!!!

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Kraft Foods

Pros

I have been here for over a month and it is a great company to work for. The TL's are great as well as the other employees I work with. HR is absolutely wonderful!!!! they have been working with me since day one. I have been going for cancer treatments and HR has made sure that my absences are approved and will NOT count against me and my job is not in jeopardy. You guys are the greatest and I can't thank you enough!!!!

Cons

Need more reps for Kraft Foods since it is the newest program that started here at 24-7intouch.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work and thank you for your understanding, caring and thoughtfulness during my struggle and fight against a life threatening disease.

I would not recommend this job to my worst enemy

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Tampa, FL

I worked at Kraft Foods

Pros

The benefits package were good - medical, dental, vision. Co-workers were friendly.

Cons

They micro-manage their employees to the fullest extent. They were unwilling to work with my personal situation, and had me traveling all over the central Florida market. I had a personal family tragedy that occurred, and they gave me a few days off for my immediate family member's funeral. However, I wanted to get back to work soon after, but the company was unwilling to work with me in regards to travel. I needed to stay close to my family because we were all grieving and needed each other during that difficult time. It seems like they place more importance on newlyweds and individuals with children, rather than someone who lost one of their closest family members. I understand if individuals have children, but to place more importance on newlyweds above my situation is just absurd. Overall, they breached their contract stating that I would be residing and working out of Pinellas County. They had me in Citrus County averaging 3 weeks out of a month. There was no defined career path. I placed high priority into the quality of my work, and performed well, and in turn their was no reward in this regard.

Advice to Management

Place more compassion into your employees' overall well-being. Work with them during difficult situation, and try to be accommodating to their needs. Give your employees a defined career path, or a particular goal for them to attain to reach to the next level in the company. Reward your employees for their performance, and open up job opportunities based on performance rather than solely basing it on what is available at the time. If there is nothing available reward them with some kind of compensation to gain a higher retention rate of your employees. The bonuses that are offered are chump change, and not worth the effort that your employees contribute to the organization.

3. Ok starting job

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I worked at Kraft Foods

Pros

Name recognition for building your resume

Cons

very over worked on all levels, senior management is not afriad to remind you that if you cannot finish what "needs" to be done on company time you need to "take it home"

Advice to Management

lead by example

5. Nice people-very little direct accountability to grow volume or share

Current Employee - Customer Vice President in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Customer Vice President in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Kraft Foods

Pros

Great people make it a good place to work, lots of causal data available, company cars for just about everyone at field sales level.

Cons

Incompetent layers of management at the Retail level, too much finger-pointing when tasks don't get done, upper management that does not want to hear the real truth about what works/what doesn't.

Advice to Management

Listen to the overwhelming issues regarding Retail. Do not go only on "milk runs"-none of the other stores look like that! Quit focusing so much on Cadbury's and get back to basics!

RSS Feed </> Embed