Kraft Foods Reviews in Tampa, FL

3.2

Kraft Foods CEO Tony Vernon
Tony Vernon

Pros
  • There can be great work/life balance, it all depends what group you are in (in 51 reviews)

• Great people who is willing to learn with you and sincerely try to get things better (in 35 reviews)

Cons
  • Long hours no work life balance normally in rural areas (in 25 reviews)

• long hours equates to a good employee which isn't necessarily true (in 16 reviews)

More Highlights

3 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Ok starting job

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I worked at Kraft Foods

Pros

Name recognition for building your resume

Cons

very over worked on all levels, senior management is not afriad to remind you that if you cannot finish what "needs" to be done on company time you need to "take it home"

lead by example

I would not recommend this job to my worst enemy

Former Employee - Sales Representative  in  Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Tampa, FL

I worked at Kraft Foods

Pros

The benefits package were good - medical, dental, vision. Co-workers were friendly.

Cons

They micro-manage their employees to the fullest extent. They were unwilling to work with my personal situation, and had me traveling all over the central Florida market. I had a personal family tragedy that occurred, and they gave me a few days off for my immediate family member's funeral. However, I wanted to get back to work soon after, but the company was unwilling to work with me in regards to travel. I needed to stay close to my family because we were all grieving and needed each other during that difficult time. It seems like they place more importance on newlyweds and individuals with children, rather than someone who lost one of their closest family members. I understand if individuals have children, but to place more importance on newlyweds above my situation is just absurd. Overall, they breached their contract stating that I would be residing and working out of Pinellas County. They had me in Citrus County averaging 3 weeks out of a month.

There was no defined career path. I placed high priority into the quality of my work, and performed well, and in turn their was no reward in this regard.

Place more compassion into your employees' overall well-being. Work with them during difficult situation, and try to be accommodating to their needs. Give your employees a defined career path, or a particular goal for them to attain to reach to the next level in the company. Reward your employees for their performance, and open up job opportunities based on performance rather than solely basing it on what is available at the time. If there is nothing available reward them with some kind of compensation to gain a higher retention rate of your employees. The bonuses that are offered are chump change, and not worth the effort that your employees contribute to the organization.

Nice people-very little direct accountability to grow volume or share

Current Employee - Customer Vice President  in  Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Customer Vice President in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Kraft Foods

Pros

Great people make it a good place to work, lots of causal data available, company cars for just about everyone at field sales level.

Cons

Incompetent layers of management at the Retail level, too much finger-pointing when tasks don't get done, upper management that does not want to hear the real truth about what works/what doesn't.

Listen to the overwhelming issues regarding Retail. Do not go only on "milk runs"-none of the other stores look like that! Quit focusing so much on Cadbury's and get back to basics!

Worked for Kraft Foods? Contribute to the Community!